Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Out Of Water vs Voyage Of The Acolyte

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [34.43%]
32 [52.46%]
5 [8.20%]
2 [3.28%]
1 [1.64%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 18:46
FooW is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 19:12
FOWW is winning so far which kind of surprises me but then again I don't think any tv shows had any songs from Voyage of the Acolyte playing in them. 
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 19:59
Two albums that I love dearly. I'll go with Voyage, but Fish is just as good, it's mainly the personal memories I have that make me vote for Voyage.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 20:54
Voyage for me, easily. Just Shadow of the Hierophant is enough to make me vote for it, but then I do enjoy the rest of the album more, too.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 20:56
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Voyage by far

Imo the best yes solo effort is wakemans six wives of Henry VII

For me, my favourite is Myths and Legends, closely followed by 6 Wives. If it had been any of those against Voyage, I would certainly have voted for Wakeman (or at least Myths and Legends very easily, and 6 Wives would have given me a harder time choosing). Still, if it had been against any of those Wakeman albums, surely Voyage would have won without doubt the poll.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 23:54
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I've only heard Acolyte which is an absolute classic , well up there with even the best Genesis albums imo. If Fish Out Of Water is beating it then I need to check that out!

Richard, you've never heard FOoW?! Shocked

Nope although I've just ordered the re-issue (CD + DVD) set on the basis that there is obviously a very large hole in my collection!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 23:59
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Voyage by far

For me, my favourite is Myths and Legends, closely followed by 6 Wives. If it had been any of those against Voyage, I would certainly have voted for Wakeman (or at least Myths and Legends very easily, and 6 Wives would have given me a harder time choosing). Still, if it had been against any of those Wakeman albums, surely Voyage would have won without doubt the poll.

Six Wives and Myths and Legends are both flawless albums although my favourite Wakeman track is Judas Iscariot . Criminal Record would have been his best album but for The Breathalyser imo.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 06:55
Voyage . . . the best album Genesis never made.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 09:02
Voyage has better highs but Fish outta is WAY more consistent and has less muddled sound quality.
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 10:40
Gave the vote to Steve, although I, like almost everyone else commenting, truly enjoy both albums. I listen to FOoW more but that is largely because I have Voyage on lp, and I rarely listen to those now, and Fish is digital. I like the sound quality on Fish better but the music on Acolyte is just that much more stunning. Ying Yang
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 10:42
Voyage by far

FooW is just ok for me
Prog On!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 11:22
Originally posted by Mormegil Mormegil wrote:

This...
LOL
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 12:02
Originally posted by Mormegil Mormegil wrote:

You're not wrong! Wink
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 15:32
Fish for me, Voyage for my wife Smile
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 20:44
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Voyage by far

Six Wives and Myths and Legends are both flawless albums although my favourite Wakeman track is Judas Iscariot . Criminal Record would have been his best album but for The Breathalyser imo.

Yeah, Judas and Criminal Record are amazing as well. I wouldn't say that my favourites, but up there among them for sure. And I do agree with The Breathalizer putting down that album too.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2019 at 14:42
Criminal Record is my fave Wakey solo record. You guys are whack. LOL
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2019 at 18:52
Gotta go with the Hackett

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2019 at 19:24
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Criminal Record is my fave Wakey solo record. You guys are whack. LOL

Do you like breathalyzer? Wink
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2019 at 22:34
Criminal Record is a good album but No Earthly Connection is epic. I agree that Judas is one of the best Rick's tracks.
Anyway Fish is the best solo album of a YES member, IMO
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 14:00
I'm not really that fond of No Earthly Connection... the musical ideas are to dispersed for me. However, even though I usually hate Medleys, I love the shorter live version on "Out of the Blue"... it really picks the best of the song/album and puts it in a single shorter song. As for Fish out of Water, there's something that doesn't fully work for me from it... there are many Wakeman solo albums I like much better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>