11 [17.74%]
17 [27.42%]
2 [3.23%]
12 [19.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2021 at 07:45
I do find this poll/discussion interesting, but I can't really contribute with anything worthwhile. Perhaps its because english isn't my native language, but I rarely or never care enough about stories or concepts lyrically. I still love a good concept, but more as a complete universe like Magma or The Flying Teapot-trilogy. I suppose I'm missing out on something, but I don't think I would enjoy Thick as a Brick any less if I didn't understand a word. That's basically what music was like when I was a child. Just voices and sounds.

My frist two favorite albums as were both concept albums: Pink Floyd - The Wall and ELO - Time. I didn't understand any words, but loved the whole feel of them. For me the latter album has ended up as of a more lasting favorite, although the concept is weak and the lyrics often incredibly silly. it sounds awesome though:)

tdfloyd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2021 at 18:42
no bad albums here.

The Wall, Lamb, Quad like the poll has it at the moment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123