Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog Britannia - Album Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 96>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:00
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

In a shocking development the attention whore isnt leaving.

Who me? An "attention whore" wearing a white suit, gold platform boots, a brightly coloured Hawaiian shirt and posing with an electric guitar. What makes you think I'm an attention seeker? LOL

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:06
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

^ I wasn't saying it took me four hours just to find the videos. It took me four hours in total, including three hours writing the long Yes albums intro and then about one hour finding the videos. Smile

Understood, and bye. I genuinely wish you well in your post Prog Archives endeavours. At least this time we know why you are leaving and won't worry that it's COVID related.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:21
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

^ I can confirm that Floydian Pink Rose is very much real as I've just been chatting with her on Skype. Smile

and i will say I find that hard to believe. 
You can rest assured that I haven't had a sex change and moved to Alabama. LOL
FloydianPinkRose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydianPinkRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:22
Psychedelic Paul, thank you for making that comment about my being sweeter than an English Rose. I once heard someone say, “Bloom where you’re planted.” Meaning, I think, even if you wish to be elsewhere, flourish where you are. And that said, I think you certainly flourished on Prog Archives. You spread your seeds of Progish enthusiasm which took hold, at least for a time, creating a bouquet of reviews and blogs. The scent was oh, so sweet. And I believe you’re already blooming on your new Prog Britannia Channel on YouTube. Soon it will be like a garden full of
Flowers, each named after a Prog band. All can come, listen and enjoy without the possibility of weeds choking them and inhibiting their growth. We all know you, Paul, so there’s no need to go by other aliases. I’m glad to know you.
As to what Alabama is known for in respect to flowers, We have Bush Roses and the Alabama 🌺 Azalea is the most recognizable flower in the area. But there is a flower named after Col. John S. Mosby, a Confederate Battalion Commander in the American Civil War. It’s simply called The Col. Mosby. Sometimes it seems there’s a bit of a war going on here on Prog Archives, but, I’m a lover (of Prog) not a fighter. And there’s a flower called the hyacinth, which grows well in my state. The name makes me think of a TV show in Psychedelic Paul’s native land, called “Are You Being Served.” The lead character is named Hyacinth. She’s kind of feisty, much like someone else on Prog Archives. Well, enough about flowers. Let’s talk about music, that’s why we’re here, right? A resounding YES!   Just like Paul’s latest review. Hello, Paul, where ever you are! FloydianPinkRose, your number one fan!
FloydianPinkRose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydianPinkRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:46
My mistake, it wasn’t Are You Being Served, it was “Keeping Up Appearances.” My apologies.
FloydianPinkRose. Oooops!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:49
Originally posted by FloydianPinkRose FloydianPinkRose wrote:

My mistake, it wasn’t Are You Being Served, it was “Keeping Up Appearances.” My apologies.
FloydianPinkRose. Oooops!

I was surprised you'd seen both of those British TV shows, bearing in mind you're 4000 miles away from England in Sweet Home Alabama. Smile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:51
Hyacinth Bucket, which she pronounces Bouquet (as in a bunch of arranged flowers). And those shows played on PBS in the US -- as you might well know.

Edited by Logan - September 13 2020 at 14:53
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 14:57
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Hyacinth Bucket, which she pronounces Bouquet (as in a bunch of arranged flowers). And those shows played on PBS in the US -- as you might well know.

No, I didn't know that, but I'll ask Floydian Pink Rose if she watched those two shows on PBS the next time I chat with her on Skype. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:09
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I don't know if Cristi is being entirely serious, but he appears to believe Floydian Pink Rose and I are one and the same person. LOL
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:44
We all think that!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:55
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

We all think that!

I'm sure Logan will be able to confirm that our IP addresses are about 4000 miles apart. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:56

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

We all think that!

I'm sure Logan will be able to confirm that our IP addresses are about 4000 miles apart. Smile

I'll be waiting. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2020 at 05:54
Originally posted by FloydianPinkRose FloydianPinkRose wrote:

Psychedelic Paul, thank you for making that comment about my being sweeter than an English Rose.....

I recently discovered that the camellia is the state flower of Alabama, so it may be more fitting to say you're as cute and charming as a sweet camellia.  Heart

Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "Bouquet") in Keeping Up Appearances. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 14 2020 at 05:59
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 11:05
I thought I'd picked up my first subscriber today on my Prog Britannia YT Channel, only to be told by my tech savvy friend that my first subscriber is actually a Chinese robot called Gwangi64. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 15 2020 at 11:05
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 05:28
Back by popular demand, I'll have another album  review coming up soon for the Gun, especially for my friends here, including:- Floydian Pink Rose; DrWu23; Bruford Freak; A Flower King Crimson; Grumpy Prog Fan, Silly Puppy, Yesesis, Gentle and Giant & Father Christmas. Oh, and not forgetting my friend Cristi, for whom I'm back by unpopular demand. Tongue

My latest Prog Britannia YT Channel update, with completed album playlists in brackets:-

Jon Anderson (20 albums)
Barclay James Harvest (26 albums)
Camel
Deep Purple
Electric Light Orchestra
Fruupp
David Gilmour
Annie Haslam
Illusion
Jade Warrior
King Crimson
Jon Lord
The Moody Blues
Nektar
Mike Oldfield
Pink Floyd
Queen
Renaissance
Spooky Tooth
Traffic
Uriah Heep
Van der Graaf Generator
Rick Wakeman
Yes
Zzebra

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 16 2020 at 15:08
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 05:45

Back by popular demand, I'll have another album  review coming up soon for the Gun, especially for my friends here, including:- Floydian Pink Rose; DrWu23; Bruford Freak; A Flower King Crimson; Grumpy Prog Fan & Father Christmas. Oh, and not forgetting my friend Cristi, for whom I'm back by unpopular demand. Tongue

You sure are trying hard to provoke me. You mention me and you quote me so much, I might get the hiccups. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 05:55

Back by popular demand, I'll have another album  review coming up soon for the Gun, especially for my friends here, including:- Floydian Pink Rose; DrWu23; Bruford Freak; A Flower King Crimson; Grumpy Prog Fan & Father Christmas. Oh, and not forgetting my friend Cristi, for whom I'm back by unpopular demand. Tongue

You sure are trying hard to provoke me. You mention me and you quote me so much, I might get the hiccups. LOL
The hiccups you can deal with. It's coughing and sneezing that you want to avoid during the kung flu pandemic. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 06:09

The hiccups you can deal with. It's coughing and sneezing that you want to avoid during the kung flu pandemic. Smile

kung flu? Confused
whatever man... LOL
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 10:18
I am melching myself into a broccoli car. It's the cheese-cheese in the turning lane.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 10:20
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

I am melching myself into a broccoli car. It's the cheese-cheese in the turning lane.
QuestionQuestionQuestion
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 96>