Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albums You've Recently Changed Your Mind On

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2020 at 08:25
Tonite I will give Road of Bones a spin....I spun it once on purchase? And it didnt smack me in the face with a pair of tights filled with rotting fish....so I will try again...😎

Edited by M27Barney - April 17 2020 at 08:26
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2020 at 08:26
I love the first disc of that album, second disc hasn't exactly grabbed me yet but its alright, its just the bonus disc.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
KingCrimson250 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingCrimson250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 11:45
I'm starting to learn to re-appreciate some of the Big Huge prog albums. In particular WYYH and ItCotCK are two albums that I at one point or another started dismissing as "entry-level prog" as part of some bizarre and misguided elitism. While both albums are still a far cry from being my favourite PF or KC album I've since gotten over myself and really begun to appreciate them for what they are.

Conversely, my opinion on VdGG in general and Still Life in particular has soured. I don't mind PH's singing but his lyrics... man, they did not grow up with me, and the more vocal-dominated an album is, the harder time I have stomaching it.
foregonillusions View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foregonillusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2020 at 10:46
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

And it didnt smack me in the face with a pair of tights filled with rotting fish

Make sure to listen to it at night while alone for maximum atmosphere and smack'age.

Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I love the first disc of that album, second disc hasn't exactly grabbed me yet but its alright, its just the bonus disc.

Yeah, I agree that the second disk is less "seductive," with 1312 Overture and Constellations probably being the most immediately attractive songs. (Probably the most conventional IQ songs on the second disc?)
LAM-SGC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAM-SGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2020 at 06:42

Edited by LAM-SGC - May 05 2020 at 02:16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234