Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, I am new to PA (as a member at least)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cylli Kat (0fficial) View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylli Kat (0fficial) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, I am new to PA (as a member at least)
    Posted: March 18 2020 at 16:06
Welcome aboard!!!
(Insert Clever Words Here)
I'm actually this guy: Cylli Kat
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 01:23
Welcome! I am big Faust, Can & Amon Düül II -fan, but listened also other Kraut.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2020 at 18:05
A big heartfelt welcome to this site! Hope you enjoy the wealth of love that goes into its creation Heart

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2020 at 16:52
Welcome to PA........!!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2020 at 15:34
Welcome! We have had quite a few mathematics enthusiasts at this forum over the years.

Here's one topic that springs to mind: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=105930

I can't believe that was four years ago. I didn't add much to it, other than a chihuahua, but that was a fun topic.

EDIT Cause I can't believe I missed the opportunity to make this joke considering the set-up: But we are more likely to discuss math rock than mathematics here.

Edited by Logan - February 27 2020 at 16:46
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2020 at 15:22
Welcome to the club! I'm a relative latecomer here too, having taken the momentous decision to finally join ProgArchives last September after being a visitor here for nine years. Smile
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2020 at 14:53
Welcome. Enjoy👍
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Tethro Juul View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tethro Juul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2020 at 14:32
Hello ProgArchives. I've been using the site for awhile just to discover new stuff and decided I'd make an account because progressive rock has became a bit of an obsession for me as of late, especially krautrock/Berlin School stuff. I've spent a fair amount of time scrolling through the progressive electronic and krautrock section of the forum. I've went through the Jazz fusion a fair amount as well, and it goes without saying that I'm quite fond of symphonic (though I probably like krautrock more). 

Genesis was what got me into progressive rock, which is probably true for more than just me. From there I decided I quite liked this progressive rock music and from there found progarchives, which I initially didn't go on because the scope of this site overwhelmed me but once I ran out of the standard prog listening like Yes, Genesis, KC, ect I came here for more. For many of the subgenres here I have not even started them because I enjoy thoroughly getting into something before moving onto the next thing. I look forward into exploring more and more and discussing it with you people here. 

More about me- I'm an electrical engineering student and aside from progressive rock I'm quite fond of computer programming and mathematics.
 Post Reply Post Reply