Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 51>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 05:33
Roadkill
(Starring Hugh Laurie)

A very short 4 episode British mini-series.
They could have and should have made this a longer 8 or 10 episode series and upped the intrigue. All the elements were there. An enjoyable watch nevertheless.
7/10
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2021 at 16:54
Calls (Apple TV +)

9 short episodes (maybe 15 minutes each) with quite an original idea of displaying calls between various persons using soundwave graphics. You are being asked to use your imagination a lot and that is a very powerful tool. I would recommend treating this as a 'film' and just watch the whole thing in one go. Genuinely very creepy and emotional at times. I didn't understand the end though so I should perhaps take my own advice and re-watch the whole thing in one sitting. 8/10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 02:01
Your Honor (Showtime)

Bryan Cranston plays the main character , a judge with a very tricky moral dilemma. Harps back a bit to Breaking Bad , perhaps a little too much for my liking. I think it could have been a lot tighter and stronger over fewer episodes as you know where it's going from very early on. I quite liked the ending although apparently a lot of people didn't! 7/10

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 05:53
not finished yet, but currently watching: Friede and I saw the first 2 episodes of a 6-part British mystery thriller called "Requiem" from 2018. it is about a young cellist who already has some success with performances and recordings but is experiencing some really disturbing and spooky stuff. her mother committed suicide in front of her by cutting her throat with a knife. she wants to find out why and comes across a bunch of newspaper articles her mother (or is she really her mother?) collected that deal with the disappearance of a little girl called "Carys", and she has reason to believe she is this Carys. there is some really spooky stuff going on in the series. we love these kind of mystery thrillers. they find a house she believes she has been in before (she knows about a trapdoor hidden beneath a carpet).

Lydia Wilson, who plays the lead role, either was chosen because she knew how to play cello or she is a method actress and learned playing cello for this part (like Katharine Hepburn did with piano when she played Clara Wieck-Schumann); she definitely knows how to do it

Edited by BaldJean - May 27 2021 at 06:30

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 14:09
^ I vaguely recall watching that but struggling to remember how it ended. I'm sure I enjoyed it , there is plenty of suspense and surprises!
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 14:43
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Good production and action scenes; however a very weak storyline leaves this 6 Episode series at 6/10 for me.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 16:22
we just watched episodes 3 and 4 of "Requiem", and it is getting better and better. now John Dee, a 16th century astronomer, mathematician, occultist, alchemist and advisor of Elizabeth I seems to play an important role too

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 13:05
Persons Unknown (2010)

I got why this series discontinued after the 1st season. The ending was very weak to make people demand more...

Anyway, the series was a mixed bag, all over the place. The plot became really intriguing, around the second half of the episodes. (Before that, it should be intolerable for most, lol.) Then, it goes on like a typical action-packed TV-series; albeit with some surprising and intelligent twists... The ending is like an inconvincing beggar... I guess virtually no one must have wished for its 2nd season, haha.

Yet still, the series is decent and watchable. It has its own peculiar merits too.

7/10

R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman, aka Black Panther
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 14:09
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Roadkill
(Starring Hugh Laurie)

A very short 4 episode British mini-series.
They could have and should have made this a longer 8 or 10 episode series and upped the intrigue. All the elements were there. An enjoyable watch nevertheless.
7/10
have you seen Collateral, just found out that it is the same director, with similar way of ending half resolved, you feel some threads have not ended. Very suspencefull
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 14:38
^Nope, I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 14:49
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^Nope, I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks.
its on Netflix, and I gave one wrong info, they got same writer, not director, and its starrs Carey Mulligan

Edited by Icarium - May 30 2021 at 14:54
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 01:53
^ Carey Mulligan is always good 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 04:49
Collateral 2018 (UK)

Thanks to Icarium for the recommendation.
A short 4 part mini series revolving around a newly promoted police detective  assigned the murder of a pizza  delivery guy.

7/10

Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 10:42
Just finished watching all four seasons of Star Trek Enterprise. I pretty much ignored this series when it came out but I really enjoyed it. Too bad it didn't continue.

Watching season one of Schitt's Creek right now. Very funny. Very entertaining 

Edited by Jeffro - June 04 2021 at 10:43
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 14:27
^Yeah, I enjoyed ST Enterprise too. Loved that last season. Too bad it got cancelled.

Just started the 12 Monkeys series. In the middle of season 1. So far I've been enjoying this.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 14:34
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Just started the 12 Monkeys series. In the middle of season 1. So far I've been enjoying this.

Great series... Too underrated... I'm watching the so-called genius Dark (Germany) now. 12 Monkeys was a lot better for me.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 15:05
Dark (Germany) - A good drama, albeit science-fictionally average. 7/10
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 21:07
Bodyguard 2018 (UK)
6 Episode Mini-series

A former British Afgan Army Vet, now a police officer is drawn into a world of politics, espionage and betrayal after he subdues a suicide bomber on a train.

This one will keep you on the edge of your seat. Watching the final episode I think Mrs JD held her breath throughout the whole episode.

8/10
Highly recommended

*Discovered by Googling "TV shows like Collateral"
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2021 at 01:33
^ The Season Finale has one of the highest viewing figure for an episode ever broadcast on UK TV.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2021 at 01:37
Time (BBC)

Tough prison drama from noted writer Jimmy McGovern who was an ex con himself, starring Sean Bean and Stephen Graham (Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire).

Superb story telling and totally engrossing. Just the 3 episodes (an hour each) and loved it . (BTW Graham gets to acts on screen with his real life partner which helps authenticity)

9/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 51>