Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 51>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2021 at 12:57
^ Fringe is a great TV show. 

I've got one more episode of the second series of Kingdom (Korean Zombies) left to watch. Hopefully more seasons to come.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2021 at 05:42
Unforgotten UK (2015) (Seasons 1 thru 4)
8/10

A police Who-Dun-It that explores one "Historical Suspicious Death' per season while presenting fantastic character studies of a wide range of suspects.
The Season 4 finale left us baffled and suggests that the series might be done but IMDB suggests there may be another season to come in 2022. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2021 at 09:26
Wizards: Tales of Arcadia (2020) - Man, I don't know where to begin... Firstly, R.I.P. Mr. Del Toro's genius. It'll be missed. Secondly... wait... it isn't worth it. What a crapfest it was... I need my eyes to feast upon a delicious fantasy series to forget my recent disgust. Ugh... Terrible.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2021 at 09:54
Better Call Saul. Excellent writing and acting. Saul was the lawyer in Breaking Bad.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2021 at 04:49
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

8/10

A police Who-Dun-It that explores one "Historical Suspicious Death' per season while presenting fantastic character studies of a wide range of suspects.
The Season 4 finale left us baffled and suggests that the series might be done but IMDB suggests there may be another season to come in 2022. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

It's proved very popular and ITV (who produce it) are heavily reliant on high rating shows to generate advertising revenue . I think it very likely will return.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2021 at 12:31
Panic - I don't think this was really aimed at my age group, but it was surprisingly OK. A bit of a daft premise: a series of games played each year by graduating seniors to get a chance of leaving a dead end town. Of course the challenges come with some serious risks, of like dying, that these teens take in their stride, this despite deaths in previous years (e.g. walking blindfold across a freeway and Russian roulette). Something to have on in the background really. 6/10

Edited by Gentle and Giant - July 11 2021 at 12:31
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2021 at 12:39
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

8/10

It's proved very popular and ITV (who produce it) are heavily reliant on high rating shows to generate advertising revenue . I think it very likely will return.
Yea, I just read an article about what went on and it is coming back with a new lead. Although it might not have the same impact as we really like  Nicola Walker.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2021 at 07:45
The Split  UK (2018) Season 1 & 2
7/10

A family of women family lawyers (Mother and daughters) who become victims of their own profession's focus.
Mrs. JD really enjoyed it, I was a little less enthusiastic as the whole destructive relationship theme gets a little much for me sometimes. Life can't be that miserable...can it?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 00:56

8/10

Yea, I just read an article about what went on and it is coming back with a new lead. Although it might not have the same impact as we really like  Nicola Walker.

yep she's amazing Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 04:19
Sweet Tooth - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12809988/  I really wasn't sure about this based on its storyline (a hybrid boy/deer living in a post virus world). In fact it's rather good. Great acting and characters, with a really good plot, set in a future world where most humans have been wiped out by a deadly virus. 9/10
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 04:52
The best show ever: History Channel's "Alone" series--Season 8 just having been delivered to Amazon Prime.

And, Korean show "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (Netflix) is amazing. In my opinion, issues of mental health/illness have rarely been treated so well--(maybe never).

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 00:42
Paradise PD
my favourite 'Adult Swim' animated show. Crude , very rude and wonderfully silly. 8/10

The Kominsky Method (S1-3)
Great credit to Michael Douglas who puts a lot of himself into the main character , never frightened to take the piss out of himself.9/10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2021 at 12:29
Tigtone (2018)

Outrageous... for most, I guess. Those who are interested in fantasy and can like some brutal humour would probably enjoy it immensely. Not outright a blatant parody aiming to degrade "fantasy", but still incredibly funny. The episodes are 11 minutes each. As of now, it has 2 seasons and 21 episodes in total. I loved it. The first season was more bizarre and chaotic, but its second season was still enjoyable. Strictly for adults and those who can tolerate gory stuff. Even though it is an animated series, bloodshed scenes look pretty realistic. 9/10

Edited by Shadowyzard - July 24 2021 at 12:33
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2021 at 13:29
Loki 2021 (season 1)
8/10

Another 6 episode Marvel series exploring the life of Loki (God of Mischief) after the movie Avengers : Endgame as he is 'persuaded' to assist the Time Variance Authority in correcting the disturbance in time that he himself has created by f#@king with time. Great interactions between Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Mobius (Owen Wilson) keep this multiverse story line on track with just the right amount of humour vs Sci-Fi.

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2021 at 15:46
Kingdom: Ashin Of The North (2021) (billed as a one off TV episode rather than a 'film')

A spin off from the Kingdom Netflix series , perhaps best described as a tale of revenge. Quite lyrical and not the total gore fest I expected . High production standard and quality acting 8/10
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2021 at 19:00
Hacks 2021 (Season 1)
10 30min. episodes
8/10

Tells the story of a shunned bi-sexual comedy writer and an aging Las Vegas female comedian icon.
Starring Jean Smart & Hannah Einbinder

Jean Smart has always been a favourite of ours and we recently saw Hannah on Colbert. After seeing the 'clip' we had to check it out.
Absolutely brilliant,. I hope they give us several more seasons.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2021 at 09:24

Kingdom: Ashin Of The North (2021) (billed as a one off TV episode rather than a 'film')

A spin off from the Kingdom Netflix series , perhaps best described as a tale of revenge. Quite lyrical and not the total gore fest I expected . High production standard and quality acting 8/10

Yes, watched it last night too and very enjoyable it was as well. There is something I really like about Kingdom which I can't exactly pin point - maybe it's just the charm of it. I'd give this spin off 9/10.

I finished Missions last night too, the French sc-fi about the first manned mission to Mars. Only a 6/10 I'm afraid as despite a decent story the execution was poor.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2021 at 09:02
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

I've just finished the first and yet only season of Ragnarok (Norway/Denmark). Worth watching, overall. The protagonist is like the mix of a courageous He-Man and a troubled Evan (Ashton Kutcher). I appreciate the blend of modern and ancient cultural elements, as well as the amalgamation of the Nordic and Anglophone/American traits. The pace is not tight, and the characters are not that cautious, but have a better conviction as a result; as befitting the Scandinavian culture. 7/10, so not a bad start at all.

Finished watching its second season. I'd say pretty much the same things about it, and again give 7/10. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2021 at 08:37
Epidemiya/To the Lake/Vongozero: The Outbreak (2019) - This Russian TV series with many names also has many things to enjoy. Top-notch acting, quality production and whatnot. 8/10

Edited by Shadowyzard - July 31 2021 at 08:43
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2021 at 02:38

Hacks 2021 (Season 1)
10 30min. episodes
8/10

Tells the story of a shunned bi-sexual comedy writer and an aging Las Vegas female comedian icon.
Starring Jean Smart & Hannah Einbinder

Jean Smart has always been a favourite of ours and we recently saw Hannah on Colbert. After seeing the 'clip' we had to check it out.
Absolutely brilliant,. I hope they give us several more seasons.

I need to check this out. Yep, Jean Smart is great. Loved her in that barking mad sci-f show Legion as well doing a great job in Mare Of Easttown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 51>