Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 51>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2021 at 05:15
The Sinner 2017 (Season 1)
8 1 hr episodes
9/10

Psychological drama staring Bill Pullman (feat. Jessica Biel in season 1)
Anthology series with season 1 telling the story of a seemingly normal young housewife who inexplicably stabs a man to death in plain view of a beach full of witnesses.
Show contains some disturbing scenes.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2021 at 15:58
^ I liked that a lot. I've also seen Seasons 2 and 3 which are very good as well.

Bosch Season 7 2021 
Felt a bit truncated at only 8 episodes although the story was properly finished. Solid if not especially innovative Amazon cop show set in LA. Good watch mainly thanks to Titus Williver's great turn as well as a fantastic theme tune 8/10

Edited by richardh - August 03 2021 at 15:59
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2021 at 17:10
The After (2014) - A single season AND single episode series (or not so series). Another interesting thing for me about it is, it is about a group of people coincidentally gathered. (Not abducted, but they happened to gather coincidentally.) They discover that all of them were born on 7th March. It is also my birthday. Coincidence... Wow, what an intricate thing, even in real life sometimes. Everything is all over the place. Not terrible but quite bland. 5/10

Edited by Shadowyzard - August 03 2021 at 17:49
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2021 at 06:01
Lisey's Story 2021

Proof perhaps that not everything Stephen King sh*ts is gold. Quite confusing mix of horror, fantasy and romance but some original stuff on the fantasy side of it. 6/10 
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2021 at 10:18
Lovecraft Country. Some slating reviews, but I really enjoyed it. 8/10
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2021 at 11:19
The Sinner 2017 (Season 2)
8, 45 min episodes
8/10

Psychological drama staring Bill Pullman
Anthology series with season 2 telling the story of a seemingly normal 13 year old boy who inexplicably poisons his parents.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2021 at 14:39
Intruders (2014) - Kinda like the movie Selfless (2015), but less dramatic. Started out promising, went on good for some time, and then fell apart. I'd rather not delve into its core idea, as some can see such occult/supernatural things as real, some probable and some as utter cobblers. I prefer to have fun with these, and tend to think of them as schizophrenic or at least within the scope of "belief". You know, you see some striking similarities between you and a historical figure, and get convinced that you're reincarnated. I just prefer not to jump to such conclusions in my life. I was always this way. I'm not trying to insult the mentally ill, as I also suffered from some sort of unidentified/unidentifiable (or undiagnosed, not sure about its exact English term) psychosis. Anyway, this was a 7/10 TV-series for me. I can say that I was expecting a great thing like Jordskott, which I talked about here earlier.

Edited by Shadowyzard - August 07 2021 at 14:39
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2021 at 01:42
Black Summer

Netflix zombie drama prequel to Z-Nation. took a bit of a dive after the promise of S1 . Went all a bit Tarentino-esque , perhaps pandemic filming issues?! 
S1 - 8/10
S2 - 6/10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2021 at 11:42
Them - Another story mainly about racism, with supernatural elements, in 1950s America. Brutal at times but I thought it was very well done. 9/10 
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2021 at 11:17
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I asked her, she's at work but with COVID her work is mostly done from home, and she mentioned Radiant (also known as The Light in Your Eyes). And she mentioned Crash Landing on You.

I still haven't watched Radiant yet, I got sidetracked by a few other shows, but I just finished Mr. Queen and wanted to recommend it, if your wife hasn't seen it yet; it's on Viki.com. I rank it up there with my favorites (My Mister, Crash Landing on You, Mr Sunshine, When the Camellia Bloom, Strong Girl Bong-soon). It had my wife and I in stitches, and the premise is quite original.

I'm starting Radiant now:)

Edited by jude111 - August 16 2021 at 11:17
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2021 at 13:09
The Sinner 2017 (Season 3)
8, 45 min episodes
8/10
The psychodrama continues as Detective Ambrose investigates a single car collision on a country road that leads to a young handsome private school teacher.

MI-5 (Spooks) 2002 (Season 1)
6, 60 min episodes
8/10
Each episode is a new adventure for MI-5 agent Tom Quinn (Matthew Macfadyen) and his team as they work to keep the UK safe.
WARNING: Episode 2 contains a disturbing scene near the end of the episode.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 04:52
Only 3 episodes put up in but a shout out to the David E Kelley drama Nine Perfect Strangers (made by Hulu but shown on Amazon prime in the UK) . so far 9/10 for great characters and dark humour reminiscent of the brilliant Big Little Lies (another David E Kelley drama)

Just finished New Zealand satirical fake documentary Wellington Paranormal (3 seasons) that follows 2 police officers tracking supernatural goings on. Amusing rather than hilariously funny. Worth a watch. 7/10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 09:42
Your Honor - Frustrating and annoying. Bryan Cranston was doing his normal stuff 4/10 is all
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2021 at 04:19
Schmigadoon! 2021 (6 episodes)
A young couple are trapped in a 1940's musical and they can only leave if they find true love. Amusingly they can't stop themselves bursting into song and getting involved in large dance/musical numbers. I enjoyed it for what it was , light hearted entertainment with a very silly premise. Engaging fluffy fun! 7/10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2021 at 03:40
Castle Rock Season 1
this went badly downhill after a promising first few episodes. First half is about 7/10 but then the story goes nowhere and it's gets very annoying and horribly slow paced. Never felt any tension and even the oft overused horror shock moment ( a la Final Destination) is a massive fail for me. Second half 3/10 so overall about 5/10

Edited by richardh - August 23 2021 at 03:41
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2021 at 11:05
Doctor Death - I just finished both the dramatized mini-series and the documentary.

The mini-series had it's ups and downs as far as acting, but the last half is better than the first half of the episodes. Alec Baldwin is a bit flat-lined as far as acting, but Christian Slatter is good and the guy that plays Dr. Death is convincing enough.  It's good entertainment, so I give it a 6/10

The Documentary is quite intriguing and was interesting to watch after watching the series to see where the differences in fact and drama were.  Overall, the whole scenario is quite frightening that it actually happened, but the documentary just drives it home quite well.  7/10 for the doc.

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2021 at 11:06
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Castle Rock Season 1
this went badly downhill after a promising first few episodes. First half is about 7/10 but then the story goes nowhere and it's gets very annoying and horribly slow paced. Never felt any tension and even the oft overused horror shock moment ( a la Final Destination) is a massive fail for me. Second half 3/10 so overall about 5/10

Totally agree.  

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2021 at 01:09
The Good Doctor (Season 4)

One of the few medical dramas I've watched in recent years , only went to it because of Freddie Highmore's excellent turn in Bates Motel. It's undeniably schmaltzy and sentimental and many will be turned off by that. I enjoyed it a lot though (keep a box of tissues handy!) and the actors and writers deserve a pat on the back for always managing to keep it fresh while developing realistic story arcs for all the main characters. 8/10 .
Look forward to Season 5 which officially is happening.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2021 at 01:29
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

^ I liked that a lot. I've also seen Seasons 2 and 3 which are very good as well.

Bosch Season 7 2021 
Felt a bit truncated at only 8 episodes although the story was properly finished. Solid if not especially innovative Amazon cop show set in LA. Good watch mainly thanks to Titus Williver's great turn as well as a fantastic theme tune 8/10

Bosch was an excellent series.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2021 at 14:12
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Lovecraft Country. Some slating reviews, but I really enjoyed it. 8/10

I liked it though the mixture of styles was a bit odd...but I like occult horror so I persevered.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 51>