Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 51>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2020 at 14:45
Here's another great suggestion that we just....

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Finished watching.

Edited by JD - December 15 2020 at 13:34
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2020 at 06:53
Legion Season 3
A weaker offering than the first two seasons IMHO.
Like Star Trek Discovery, it seems to have had less than stellar  writing.

Six Feet Under
My wife was bugging me to watch this series for the last year or so.
Very enjoyable, although by season 4 it was getting a little heavy.
5 seasons was certainly enough but I would recommend it if you have never seen it.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2020 at 01:56
Billions -Final Season
disappointing ending , did they really intend to throw it away like that. Peaked around season 3 as is often the case with many things. 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2020 at 07:04
^It's not done yet. they suspended it half way through season 5 due to Covid.
There is still lots of story to go yet.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2020 at 07:30
Just finished Okkupert (Occupied). Was an excellent series but left way too many loose ends. Its a Norwegian/French produced series about an EU backed Russian occupation of Norway, who had ceased oil production in the wake of severe global climate crisis.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2020 at 00:25
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^It's not done yet. they suspended it half way through season 5 due to Covid.
There is still lots of story to go yet.

ok that's a reliefSmile
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2020 at 12:32
Treadstone -  Bourne diaspora that shows the beginnings of the secret behavior modification program Jason Bourne emerged from.   Not horrible but bromidic, often drags, and is crammed with filler.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2020 at 10:24

Just finished 2nd. season of Undercover:

Wonderful Belgian series, of an undercover cop in the ecstasy mob. Beautiful landscapes, two beautiful ladies and a beating plot.

I liked best the 1st. season but only because of the tone, for me both are top-notch.
Netflix.

Inhuman Resources featuring former (great!) soccer player Eric Cantona:

French series; found it very enjoyable. Only 6 chapters on Netflix.

Justo Antes de Cristo (Just Before Christ):

Spanish series; an absurd / Monty Python-esque (not that much) take on Imperial Rome, relating the whereabouts of a disgraced noble, Manio Sempronio, on Thrace with general Cneo Valerio Acquila. Loved it. Laughed a lot! Saw it on Movistar.

Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2020 at 10:29
^ Humour on Ancient Rome: Plebs; great show. Especially the first 2 seasons. Recommended. (Though, I watched its first 3 seasons long ago, so not "recent" at all. I've yet to watch its other seasons.)
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2020 at 13:44
Just finished the first season of Counterpart https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4643084/- excellent TV.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2020 at 15:55
^ I found it took a little time to gain some traction. i think they were trying to build the mystery and intrigue.
The second season certainly stepped it up.

Just finished the first season of Barry with Bill Hader and Stephen Root.
1/2 hr episodes with a story line along the lines of Grosse Pointe Blank with John Cusack. But darker with black comedy and holy sh*t moments. Worth checking out. Starting Season 2 tonight.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2020 at 16:46
Stephen Root is an underappreciated talent.   Remember him as the dentist on Louie ?

Stephen Roots Funniest Characters - Paste

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2020 at 04:55
The new series of The Expanse (5) has just started. Big smile
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 01:42
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

The new series of The Expanse (5) has just started. Big smile

yep quite excited by that and watched the first episode on Tuesday (think they have put up 3 so far). It tends to go over my head a bit but I imagine fans of sci-fi that incorporates a bit of pseudo political drama such as Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Babylon Five will no doubt love it. For me its the characters and action so it has something for everyone.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 01:46
Just finished Utopia Season One. Not sure how I feel about it. Bit messy and overly nasty at times but does raise an interesting question or two. Not bothered if Season Two happens (I guess it won't) but will probably watch it if it does.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 12:16
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Just finished Utopia Season One. Not sure how I feel about it. Bit messy and overly nasty at times but does raise an interesting question or two. Not bothered if Season Two happens (I guess it won't) but will probably watch it if it does.

The original UK one or the new one?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 01:32

The new one which I gather is not as good. I wasn't aware it was a re-boot when I started watching it. I may go back and watch the original at some point.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 06:30
Barry Season 2.
Still has my interest, but it definitely got darker.
Bill Hader and Stephen Root are fabulous.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 07:50

The new one which I gather is not as good. I wasn't aware it was a re-boot when I started watching it. I may go back and watch the original at some point.

I've only seen the older UK one, but I really enjoyed it. I was going to watch this reboot, but the reviews were pretty poor so passed it over. I would recommend the original though.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2020 at 13:38
I've just finished the first and yet only season of Ragnarok (Norway/Denmark). Worth watching, overall. The protagonist is like the mix of a courageous He-Man and a troubled Evan (Ashton Kutcher). I appreciate the blend of modern and ancient cultural elements, as well as the amalgamation of the Nordic and Anglophone/American traits. The pace is not tight, and the characters are not that cautious, but have a better conviction as a result; as befitting the Scandinavian culture. 7/10, so not a bad start at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 51>