Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2020 at 12:41
First of all, best wishes to Özgür for everything. I hope things will get better in your country one day. Here in the US it's so bad that these days I find reading the Italian news soothing and comforting.

Anyway, I am sorry about dropping out of things once again, but these days I don't find this forum a pleasant place any longer. I think I need to take a long break from things, hoping that one day the hordes of trolls that seem to have taken over will disappear.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2020 at 12:47
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

First of all, best wishes to Özgür for everything. I hope things will get better in your country one day. Here in the US it's so bad that these days I find reading the Italian news soothing and comforting.

Anyway, I am sorry about dropping out of things once again, but these days I don't find this forum a pleasant place any longer. I think I need to take a long break from things, hoping that one day the hordes of trolls that seem to have taken over will disappear.

Thanks a lot Raffaella. You're one of the strongest members of this forum, for me. I hope you'll recharge your movitavion and come back again. All in all, we all spend our free time to have fun. All I can wish is either the forum becomes a good gathering for you again, or your will to contribute again is renewed sometime.

I wish you and all the Americans a good future. My country's and yours' near future seems bleak, unfortunately. Let's cross our fingers and hope for a miracle. Wink
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2020 at 19:51
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

Dear friends, I would make a new calendar. In the absence of Raff and Micky, who in any case can give their availability at any time, I make you this proposal.

09/28: MELTDOWNER?

10/05 LEWIAN

10/12 SNICOLETTE

10/19 CRISTI

10/26 Shadowyzard?

11/02 TCat 

11/09 mathman0806 

11/16 Jamesbaldwin

11/23 Logan

Is it ok for you?

Anyway, we could change this order if (Raff, Micky) someone_else, suitkees, The Anders, dr wu23, prophesy disaster wanted to join the Interactive poll team.

I'll consider joining the team actually. I'll be thinking of some theme options too.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2020 at 22:49
Welcome addition to the team, The Anders!
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2020 at 22:50
Yes, I agree, with Shadowyzard.  I have enjoyed getting to know you more, Rafaella. 
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 08:03
So, Lewian will open his new poll tomorrow.
Is it right Christian?

I am waiting for the answer of Meltdowner for the week after.

Welcome to you, The Anders.

Then we will decide when you will open your poll.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 17:50

So, Lewian will open his new poll tomorrow.
Is it right Christian?

I am waiting for the answer of Meltdowner for the week after.

Welcome to you, The Anders.

Then we will decide when you will open your poll.

I'll open at some point between Monday and Wednesday; quite a bit of work to do until Wednesday midday.
You can prepare already if you want - the topic is gonna be all things electronic (but not on PA).
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 17:54
^ Fantastic.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 03:54

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ I thought Lewian was next, and I very much like his poll theme ;)

And you after Lewian? Ok?
Fine by me.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 10:31

^ I thought Lewian was next, and I very much like his poll theme ;)

And you after Lewian? Ok?
Fine by me.

Thumbs Up
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 10:33
I would give priority to the two newcomers to the team: Meltdowner and The Anders (hoping Shadowyzard come back to us soon). 

So I propose this calendar:

10/28: LEWIAN

10/05 MELTDOWNER

10/12 THE ANDERS

10/19 SNICOLETTE

10/26 CRISTI

11/02 TCat 

11/09 mathman0806 

11/16 Jamesbaldwin

11/23 Logan (if he will be available)

Edited by jamesbaldwin - September 28 2020 at 10:36
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 11:14

Dear friends, I would make a new calendar...

Anyway, we could change this order if (Raff, Micky) someone_else, suitkees, The Anders, dr wu23, prophesy disaster wanted to join the Interactive poll team.

Thanks for thinking about me, but for the moment I prefer to cowardly watch on from the sidelines and snub at your suggestions... Smile And since "for the moment" already brings us to the end of November, let's see then if I might reconsider joining... Anyways, I very much enjoy participating in these polls!

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 14:25
Personally I think there should be a little more than just a week for each poll. I would like some more time to listen to the songs properly, and I have to fit it around my 37h working schedule as well. Seven days feels very hectic to me.

Alternately: let people nominate one song only (instead of posting 3-4 songs and then choosing one). This will make it easier to get to know the songs as they are coming in, especially if you don't have the time to go through 50 songs or more.

Edited by The Anders - September 29 2020 at 14:26
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 14:57
Sorry if this sounds completely stupid, but what exactly are the interactive polls?
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 15:47
Link to the first non-prog interactive poll.  http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=123018

Link to the first prog interactive poll. http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=123276

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 16:07
Sorry Lorenzo, I somehow have the resolution to spoil your timetable and stretch this over 11 days until the end of the weekend then. One week for a poll has not been enough for me for some time, and it looks like several others have the same impression.

@Father Christmas: New participants are always welcome. The theme starting to day is "Welcome to the Machines", electronic, not on PA, you can suggest songs and finally pick one for going into the poll, and then we have a poll with three votes for everyone out of the tracks that we all nominated.
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 16:18
^Thanks.
It's a very good idea. Will participate if I find time.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 17:37
@The Anders
@Lewian
@Dear friends

As I have already written, at the beginning I did not think we would do a poll every week, I did not imagine this success, and I thought it was already a lot that we participated in 15 with 15 songs, in fact my first poll had only 15 songs: multiple nominations are not expected. 

Then I opened this thread just to discuss how often to open a poll, and many (not me) have spoken out to do them every week, so we began to open them every week.

And Micky proposed to have thematic polls with multiple nominations. In fact, I was the first to make two nominations, if I remember correctly, saying that the second was out of competition, and from that moment Micky thought to propose more songs: three, four nominations. 

For me it is a long job to listen to three-four nominations multiplied by 15, that is 45 songs, or 50 or 60. 

I was amazed at the enthusiasm of many in wanting to open a poll every week and showcase fifty songs, in fact this summer I couldn't keep up with the rhythm and I barely had time to listen to all the songs. I was pleased with this enthusiasm but honestly I thought we couldn't keep up with this rhythm for long.

So, we can decide to make a poll lasting two weeks. How about it?

And in my opinion, we could do two or three nominations, or just one: I would leave the freedom to decide to who opens the poll.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - September 29 2020 at 17:43
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 17:43
I would vote for 2 week polls.  I think each song can have more attention that way (and this is coming from a retired person, lots of time on my hands to listen, and I have even felt a bit rushed from time to time).  For me, the 3 nominations make sense, then decide later, I think it's super hard to come up with just one to enter at the start, unless we'll be revisiting themes.  I kinda like the themes.  Let's see what others have to say, curious.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 17:47
I'm good with whatever everyone else wants to do.  2-week polls probably do make better sense though.  I think we should keep the entries down to 3 maximum at the discretion of the one running the poll at the time.  Themes or no themes, I can swing either way Confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>