Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 17:56
As said before, I like a two weeks rhythm. Obviously we could decide to restrict the number of suggestions, but we have seen already that the temptation to post more is always there (many posted more then four when the "rule" was four), and I don't think it does much harm if there's enough time. Of course everybody has to live with the knowledge that not everyone will listen to all suggestions. 
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 18:02
By the way, where the hell is micky (Michael)? Okay, this interactive thing is for fun, but America needs him to blow his trumpets and trample Trump.
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 18:03
I will vote for two-week polls too. It sounds like a fine rhythm, and it should make it more fun to participate because there is more time to go in depth with the songs.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 18:22
I'm good with two-week polls, though the temptation might be there for me to post 'bonus' videos if all the nominees are settled in quickly depending on whether I have extra time. But, having a split of 9-10 days for initial suggestions, and 4-5 days for final voting would be good. 

I think stating the number of suggestions is to the discretion of the poll runner. People will follow that or not. It's ok with the understanding we can't always listen to all the initial suggestions. The last poll, I had too much else going on, so I only gave listen to all the final nominees. 

I like the themes with the occasional no theme poll.  
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2020 at 08:00
And the winner is......

two week poll!
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2020 at 08:04
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

By the way, where the hell is micky (Michael)? Okay, this interactive thing is for fun, but America needs him to blow his trumpets and trample Trump.

Yes, we are waiting for Micky!

I guess that last evening he was in Cleveland, Ohio, in Biden's dressing room, connected to him with a headset .... certainly Micky was the one who suggested to Biden to tell Trump that he is a clown!Wink

Edited by jamesbaldwin - September 30 2020 at 12:43
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 13:03
New calendar:

Dear friends, I would make a new calendar. In the absence of Raff and Micky, who in any case can give their availability at any time, I make you this proposal.

10/12 MELTDOWNER

10/26 THE ANDERS

11/09 SNICOLETTE

11/23 CRISTI

12/07 TCat 

12/21 mathman0806 

3, January 2021 Jamesbaldwin

17 January 20121 Logan (if he will be available)

Edited by jamesbaldwin - October 01 2020 at 13:07
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 13:34
26 October seems perfect for me.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 14:17
Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

Are you doing anything Halloween themed?  Clown

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 14:39
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

I think that is a bit too specific. Actually I was thinking of an Africa edition (we already had a Latin America poll), or alternately a Mediterranean one.

Edited by The Anders - October 01 2020 at 14:52
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 14:50
Nickie's Nine November  Smile

Edited by Snicolette - October 01 2020 at 14:54
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 14:58

Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

I think that is a bit too specific. Actually I was thinking of an Africa edition (we already had a Latin America poll), or alternately a Mediterranean one.

I' love a Halloween themed one, so much variety to choose from, but of course what you do is up to you and those are both good ideas.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 16:26
My poll will be a Protest songs poll, in the broad sense: songs with a text of political or social or environmental or philosophical content, as long as it is explicit. In short, songs that deal with a topical issue, that want to denounce a problem, not fairy tales, and not love songs.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 16:29
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Songs written and sung by women, I imagine.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 16:31
Who offers to open a poll of prog songs?

I believe that one prog poll between now and 2021 suits us well.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 16:37
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Songs written and sung by women, I imagine.
  The ladies need their say.  Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 10:49
I like the idea of a prog poll, the under-50 reviews was good exposure (and not just for me).  I have a few other acts that I could enter in that kind of a poll that I think deserve attention.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2020 at 13:20
Are you ready, Meltdowner?

I would ask you the theme of your poll.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 04:23
I only read it today, I'm usually not around during the weekend. I thought about doing a round of short instrumental songs but since the current poll is mostly instrumental the idea doesn't seem so great now.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 09:12
^I would be fine with that, not sure about everyone else.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>