Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 52>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2020 at 18:56
If there are no objections, I would like to open my poll tomorrow, Friday 13th, lol. Let me know if I should hold off until Monday, but then there is less listening time for people.

"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2020 at 20:22
Sounds good!

I still need to vote in the Africa poll, which I really enjoyed. Have to make up my mind on a third. Been busy with work.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2020 at 23:02
I didn't want to do it too soon, nor also too late.  Africa was a lovely place to visit.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2020 at 02:32
I like long enough time for listening, so I'm fine with starting.
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2020 at 08:54
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

If there are no objections, I would like to open my poll tomorrow, Friday 13th, lol. Let me know if I should hold off until Monday, but then there is less listening time for people.

Ok for me!

I'm waiting for your poll!
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2020 at 08:59
Will be up in a couple of hours, I need coffee first.  Glad everyone is looking forward to it.  Smile
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2020 at 09:02
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Will be up in a couple of hours, I need coffee first.  Glad everyone is looking forward to it.  Smile

Coffee time is sacred!

Edited by jamesbaldwin - November 13 2020 at 09:02
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2020 at 15:04
The coffee was consumed, the poll has been posted.  Looking forward to hearing everyone's selections!Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 08:57
I am thinking of opening the poll in the next couple of hours, even though we've not heard from 3 entrants re their final choice, Icarium, Triptych and Bruford Freak.  Drew, I think, may be having computer issues from what he said when he joined in.  Cristi thought Triptych may have indicated the Sheryl Crow song as his choice, but I'm not seeing that after looking through 3 times.  I do want everyone to have a chance at getting their final choice voted on, but we are also running out of time before the next poll is to begin.

Any objections to my opening voting officially, without hearing from these 3, two of them in particular?

suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 09:27
No objection from me. You have been sufficiently clear in your OP about the deadline for nominations, so if someone hasn't the possibility (or decency) to chime in in time to communicate his/her nomination then let's move on...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 09:30
Nickie, I can wait to open the next poll if more time is needed.  It will most likely need the two weeks, but if you want to extend yours until Wednesday, that is fine.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 10:47
I'll wait to hear from one more, see if we can get 2 out of 3 responses, anyway.  
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 17:52
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

Nickie, I can wait to open the next poll if more time is needed.  It will most likely need the two weeks, but if you want to extend yours until Wednesday, that is fine.

Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 17:56
How about opening the poll for voting on Tuesday am then?  The Thanksgiving holiday (in the US) may get in the way for some to pay attention (even if not traveling, cooking for even a small household takes time). 

Edited by Snicolette - November 22 2020 at 17:57
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 18:18
^Works for me.  I'll start the next one on Wednesday evening then probably.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 18:19
It's a deal!  Thank you all for your help, too, with coming to a decision.  I hate for someone to not have a chance when they could have....but by then should have enough warnings, I'll go post that now.  
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 07:57
Because of the busy time of year, the next poll will be extended.  I hope to have it posted on Wednesday evening (November 25) and will run all the way until December 13th.  I already announced that the poll will be a somewhat different style than what we have done in the past.  The initial nomination process should be a bit easier than normal.  However, it will require about 20 minutes listening time required for each individual entry, so this way, the extended time will allow for everyone to be able to casually listen as time permits for them, and hopefully that will lessen the stress to vote and finish up by the 13th.

More details will soon follow, so this will become clearer to you tomorrow.  Hopefully everyone will be able to participate and also bring in others to participate.  If we need to extend past that time a few days, then we can figure that out as the time comes.  I think this will be very enjoyable for all who participate.

Edited by TCat - November 24 2020 at 07:58

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 08:42
Sounds very intriguing, looking forward to it!  
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 08:51
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

Because of the busy time of year, the next poll will be extended.  I hope to have it posted on Wednesday evening (November 25) and will run all the way until December 13th.  I already announced that the poll will be a somewhat different style than what we have done in the past.  The initial nomination process should be a bit easier than normal.  However, it will require about 20 minutes listening time required for each individual entry, so this way, the extended time will allow for everyone to be able to casually listen as time permits for them, and hopefully that will lessen the stress to vote and finish up by the 13th.

More details will soon follow, so this will become clearer to you tomorrow.  Hopefully everyone will be able to participate and also bring in others to participate.  If we need to extend past that time a few days, then we can figure that out as the time comes.  I think this will be very enjoyable for all who participate.

what's the theme? 
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 13:45
No theme, just spotlighting your favorite artists.  That's all I'm saying for now.

Edited by TCat - November 24 2020 at 13:50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 52>