Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [35.63%]
28 [32.18%]
28 [32.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 00:38
ALLOWING MULTI VOTES TOTALLY INVALIDATES THIS POLL!
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 01:21
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

But it allows for people to feel they've participated if they can't decide between two or more options, and we're all just here to have fun right?
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 01:27
Originally posted by Sacro_Porgo Sacro_Porgo wrote:

But it allows for people to feel they've participated if they can't decide between two or more options, and we're all just here to have fun right?

It invalidates the poll demand, "choose one band!" if you can choose more than one band. I like to use multiple votes in my polls but I like the poll line request (and OP "Which of the RPI big three do you love the most?) to be consistent with the voting options/ parameters. By the way, I don't tend to care about poll results, I'm more interested in reading people's thoughts and the discussion that the polls are an accessory to. I tend to treat polls as an accessory to discussion and exploration.

Edited by Logan - July 22 2020 at 01:31
Just a fanboy passin' through.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 02:22
It's a close call for me between PFM and Banco, but I decided to go for Banco.
I think their first album I got was Io sono nato libero, and it is still one of my favorites.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 14:11
All three!!!

But BMS is my favorite.
The Prog Corner
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 17:03

Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Le Orme for sure. Strong for the whole 70s. Banco were a bit patchy and Pfm dropped off by mid 70s

that actually sums up how I feel

Le Orme are in my top 5. Not a weak moment from 71-79. I love Io sono and Di Terra from Banco and L’isola from pfm. Amico is pretty good but don’t play it much. Don’t like much else pfm that much.
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 17:17
With PFM, their 70’s run lost me after Passpartu, though I did get the La Buona Novella to see what they were up to then, but don’t spin it much.
Banco’s 70’s run - I never went beyond Canto di Primavera.
And Le Orme, most albums are great, even Venerdi has class. And they still gave some stunning albums since their heyday., though I haven’t heard their albums post-La via della Seta.
Uomo di Pezza is one of my all-time favourites.
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2021 at 15:20
I'm a bit late to the party, but let's do this.
Some years ago I would have said : PFM > Banco > Le Orme
Today, well...things have changed.
1-Le Orme
2-PFM
3-Banco
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2021 at 15:22
I'm not an expert on these bands, but from what I know, Banco is probably what I like the best.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2021 at 15:44
Banco by far. Their best albums far outshine the best of the other two bands. None of the three have discographies that I entirely enjoy, but from the albums I like, Banco are easily the winner.

It’s a much harder choice for second place, but if push comes to shove, I guess I’d go for PFM. Today, anyway.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2022 at 05:08
Premiata Fornerai Marconi
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2022 at 13:15
All great bands!

1 - Le Orme
2 - PFM
3 - Banco
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2022 at 13:33
They are all wonderful. It's nice that it's so close, isn't it?
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2022 at 08:41
Ditto.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2022 at 12:53
PFM> Banco >>> Le Orme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12