Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [55.56%]
4 [14.81%]
8 [29.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 22:42
Originally posted by Awesoreno Awesoreno wrote:

Huh. I posted a thoughtful comment about why I chose Nick a day or two ago, but it didn't go through? 

Well, here it is again somewhat:

I think Nick is the best as both a singer and frontman because of the character he brings into his singing. Especially live. Ted initially sounds amazing, but upon further investigation, it seems to me he just gets by on having a high range and great vibrato control. He's a little too sterile. Nick has much more emotional dynamics in my opinion. And it just seems like he has more fun.

Check out Falling for Forever (liver version on YouTube), and you can see what I mean. The part where he takes lead is the most interesting performance in terms of character.
That's interesting. I think Nick is an amazing drummer. I just don't think his singing is up with the other two. I'll listen again to him. I've a couple of live recordings of him singing.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 22:50
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

For me Morse...V is the best thing they ever did....and those first 5 are the only ones that matter for me.
Some nice things on a few of the later ones like X and Nocturnes but just dont have that same vibe.
X and Nocturnes are more examples of symphonic music which people on this site tend to go for. The Oblivion Particle is more eclectic music which is not as popular. That's the only reason I can think that The Oblivion Particle hasn't taken off. It's takes about 10 listens before you get it because the music is so diverse - once you get it the music is divine, easily the best accomplishment of Spock's Beard to my ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12