Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The PA Happy Birthday Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 11:50
“It’s murder on the dance floor

You’d better not kill the groove

DJ, gonna burn this god damn house right down”

There will now be an altogether excited cohort of cod-disco moosic lovers twitching with excitement at seeing the lyrics quoted above. Yes, our UK people will definitely recognise the words, and be all a quiver. For, I hear them shout out from here, is it really HER birthday today? Is SHE a PA member qualifying for immortality in the Birthday Thread?

For those of you unlucky enough not to reside in dear old Blighty, or who have never listened to the delights of BBC Radio Two, let me explain. The lyrics above are from Murder On The Dance Floor, by the altogether lovely and massively talented Ms Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Before we continue, please take a few minutes to get down and boogie to this wondrous truckload selling song; https://youtu.be/hAx6mYeC6pY Second only, I am sure you will agree to the wonders of fellow camp exalted artistes Kylie and “Del-Boy” Adele (of whom more later).

Somewhat regrettably, Sophie is not on record as ever having got down and grooved to the wonders of Genesis, Yes, VDGG, or even Mr Collins solo stuff. But her present guitarist most certainly has.

Yes, Ptato is 39 today. Pablo Tato, as his students must call him, hails from Madrid, but now plies his trade in dear old London Town. He joined our beloved site in January 2010 with the specific purpose of promoting for the prog brethren the newly released album of his band, Psicotropia, who, indeed, are listed here. Look; PSICOTROPIA discography and reviews They released three albums. As I write this, I am listening to Tinto from their imaginatively named third album, Psicotropia3. Courtesy of Mr Laz in collaboration with Bandcramp, so can you all; ▶︎ Psicotropia³ | Psicotropia Actually, it really is rather good, and our hero played guitars, sang, and excelled on the metallophone (nor me, either). Cesar Inca, a distinguished reviewer hereabouts, loved it.

Unfortunately, the band were lost to us, and Pablo moved his bottom to London and I can only state went well and truly over to the dark side. Not only is he a guitar tutor, but also a noted session player, and has a website advertising said wares; Pablo Tato On this, and on Twits Are Us https://twitter.com/pablotato Pablo boasts of the fact that he is Sophie’s guitarist. He has also played with aforementioned Del Boy, Lucy Mason (who he?), and Lana Del Rey, amongst other noted luminaries. 

How did we lose him? What on earth possessed him? Pablo! Come back to the bosom of prog, friend! Do some noodling, not some grooving!

Happy birthday, senór! Give our love and devotion to Our Sophie!

Elsewhere, we celebrate the 59th birthday of our SC Syzygy, or Chris Gleeson as he was less interestingly baptised. Chris is another SC who hasn’t been seen here for a few years, but we send our best wishes. 

Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 11:58
Another entertaining reach into the past Laz, with equally entertaining goings on in the present, along with many funny mis-titles as only Mr. Laz can do. Bravo.  Clap

Edited by SteveG - February 23 2021 at 11:58
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 20:09
Very thorough Mr Laz, probably only a subject that strong could pull you from a site name like Flyingbebert, who must be admired for continuing the "I'm a student" ruse to avoid taking a job all the way to age 39.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1874

Edited by Easy Money - February 23 2021 at 20:10
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 12:02
Well, we could have had at least a couple more musicos on today’s entry into Prog Birthday immortality, including a member of some frightening bald-headed  headbangers, something which is surely to goodness banned under modern health and safety legislation.

But, no, these luminaries will have to wait for another year, for today I want us to ponder on just how bloody desperate some people are to flog us their wares, or to attract potential clients in order to provide them with undoubtedly dodgy financial products. Also, do these people really imagine that every time a new member registers on the site, said newbie is trumpeted to every single other member who rush to find out who the lovely new colleague is?

Well, someone should tell these people that the only person on this site who takes the time to find out precisely who these people are is yours truly, and, inevitably, it is sometime after the event of joining. However, if our good friend kes1e wanted some attention and potential clients when he joined our delightful menagerie in September 2008 for all of less than two hours, well he got his wish, albeit 12 and a bit years later.

Because our very good friend, Rahim Keshwani, is 34 today, and is celebrating his special day in that melting pot of global capitalism, Toronto, Ontario. This is pertinent to today’s story, because Rahim didn’t provide us with any homepage, signature, or occupation with which to titillate our interest. In fact, aside from registering, he did absolutely f**k all else, and left little old me, all these years later, to figure out just who he is and what he does with his life.

So, I can only imagine that our money-grabbing merchant banker - Urban Dictionary: merchant banker must have thought that someone would contact him in an attempt to garner more information before pouncing upon said forum officer to flog him/her his wares. For Rahim is a Senior Financial Adviser at that well-respected institution, Scotiabank Rahim Keshwani - Senior Financial Advisor - Scotiabank | Business Profile | Apollo.io Now, I really must urge all readers of this post NOT to be tempted to contact Rahim and place your hard-earned in his institution’s bank pocket, because it is well known that proggers are absolutely honest as the day is long, and would never condone anything smelling of such disgusting activity as offshore tax evasion. Yep, you guessed it, this is what said Scotiabank are pretty well known for in Mountieland 1 tax haven, 3 of Canada’s biggest banks, 2,000 offshore companies | The Star

So, Rahim. Enjoy your day, old chap! But, please, don’t expect any of our cohorts to put any of their cash your way. Some of us have scruples!

Oh, by the way, simply because I am in a mischievous mood this evening, an amusing story around the urban slang for merchant banker. Back in the 1990’s, I was watching a Football League Cup match on telly (soccer, not that armour laden stuff Mr and Mrs Marine watch). Giving us the benefit of his wisdom pre-match from the touch line was the ubiquitous Gary Newbon, then merely a commentator, but later to become head of ITV Sport in Britain. He had very large glasses, and spoke quite a lot of bollocks for a living. The crowd, seeing him punditing, started singing, very loudly, “Gary Newbon. He’s a w**ker, he’s a w**ker” and so on and so forth in the manner footies fans are renowned for. The tv link cut back to the studio, where an embarrassed presenter turned to his star pundit in the studio, the late, great Jimmy Greaves, one of the finest footballers of all time. Greaves smiled, and said....”I didn’t know Gary was a merchant banker”. The entire studio collapsed into laughter and we were treated then to an extended advert break. Strange, but true, friends!

In current collab news, we wish a very happy 28th birthday to SC Sheavy, or Alex Newman as he is no doubt called in the saloons of Alabama. All the best, sir!

Lucas Biela, another SC, is 41 today and no doubt enjoying a glass off red in Francais as I speak. Best to you, sir! 

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 12:05
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Very thorough Mr Laz, probably only a subject that strong could pull you from a site name like Flyingbebert, who must be admired for continuing the "I'm a student" ruse to avoid taking a job all the way to age 39.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1874

Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 14:32
He may be great, but he's not late (yet) as Jimmy Greaves is actually alive and well Wink
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 15:12
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

He may be great, but he's not late (yet) as Jimmy Greaves is actually alive and well Wink

Chris, you are absolutely spot on. Thanks, and my apologies to all.

Greaves was born in 1940, same year as my Dad.

May they both carry on for many years.

He was, though, a truly great player, and a joy to watch on tv.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2021 at 12:03
Well, for today’s extravaganza, we had a massive choice, hence the slightly later than usual post. We have a really good portrait artist, Anne Baker, whose website you really should visit at Anne Graham Portraits and she also features on the site as a vocalist with early seventies prog folk types Baby Whale. She is 71 today, bless her, and best wishes are sent from all of us.

We also have a couple of the usual musical suspects, lecturers, and all sorts.

However, as you all know by now, the primary purpose here is to find out a little bit more about the long lost personages who register with our site for no apparent reason other than to flog us stuff,  but not really making that much of an effort. In fact, all of the effort comes on my part, but no matter! They came, they saw, and they pissed off without a trace, only to be rediscovered years later.

Goldvision_2010 joined our beloved site in, erm, 2005. Hicham hails from that exceptionally well known hotbed of prog music, Morocco. He stayed here for less than one minute, and his homepage link is no longer even active. Did that deter me? Did it ‘eck as like!

Our dearly departed friend, Hicham Laaziz is 34 today. Actually, given his name, which I researched today, he could well be a long lost ancestral cousin of Mr Laz. You know. Laaziz. Laz. Near enough to satisfy my excited mind, certainly after a couple of pints of the amber nectar.

The forum name gives us a clue as to Hicham’s nefarious activities in joining the long list of salesman trying to part us lovely proggers with our hard earned. For Goldvision is a digital Customer Relations Manager. Yes, really, there is such a thing. https://www.gold-vision.com/home/ Your CRM. Your Way. Intelligent by Design. Gold Vision is a more reliable CRM. Well, friends, it has got your host utterly hooked. I mean, how did I ever manage without one? If I had known about Hicham’s wares in 2005, I would probably be running the bloody country by now. Take a long look, as I have, at the products, services, and resources available to you from this wondrous contraption. Why, the thing will even give you a shave of a morning if you ask it nicely. You can even use it to accelerate your ABM journey! So, undoubtedly used frequently by Messrs Anderson, Buford, and Moraz!

Here is our friend on ShrinkedIn should you ever wish to connect hicham laaziz - 10000 - GoldVision, LLC | LinkedIn 

The moral to all of this? Well, if Gold Vision supply just one of you lovely people with their digital dogsbody, it will have been well worth their corporate representative in faraway Morocco spending his one minute registering with the finest, and infinitely most popular (don’t believe what they say at Prog Ears, folks!) prog site on planet Earth almost 16 years ago as a callow young 18 year old eager to climb up that career mountain that is the world of digital corporate bollocks.

So! Happy Birthday (my iPad doesn’t do Arabic, regrettably) Hicham! Don’t be drinking to celebrate! The Prophet isn’t particularly keen on that sort of thing you know - leave it to us infidels on your behalf!

Elsewhere in PA land, today is a biggie. Greg, or The Dark Elf as his mom and dad would surely have christened him 61 years ago today had they only listened to his gurgles properly, is celebrating his happy day as we speak in Michigan. He is against occupations and encroachments, and Mr Laz is absolutely with him on that score. Greg is a prolific and highly valued contributor in these parts. Happy birthday, sir! You can get drunk, because The Prophet doesn’t interfere too much in The Land of the Free!  

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 12:08
Well, it is absolutely bloody typical that on the first evening in about 20 years that Mr Laz isn’t supping some alcoholic beverage, this owing to the type of gippy tummy for which special additional clothing accoutrements were invented (sorry), I have come across a hero of providing us all with the golden nectar. The type of man who surely to goodness would rise up with sheer indignation at this extraordinary story from Dear Old Blighty a few years back; Dame Sally Davies warns drinkers EVERY glass of wine raises cancer risk | Daily Mail Online Yes, our Nanny-in-Chief warned all of us honest citizens to think extremely carefully about having even one wee drinkie lest we overwhelm the NHS with cancerous growths. Naturally, not long after this, Nanny was caught having a drinkie at a restaurant, and had to apologise for the “poor wording” of her rant. Silly moo!

Anyhoo, today’s birthday hero is Rui Madeira, celebrating his 42nd anniversary of popping out of Mummy with what must be an ocean of red wine, and to hell with the consequences. For, you see, our good friend Rui is a winemaker. Have a look see Producer Focus: Rui Madeira And here is where you can buy some of his wondrous juice if you feel like really treating the better half in your relationship, or, alternatively, if you want him or her to pop their clogs of a nasty condition because of drinking said juice Rui Roboredo Madeira

Rui joined our happy drunken crew in December 2006 for all of one minute. Well, obviously, the bottle was calling, and this was far more important than ruminating over whether Marillion truly can be classed as neo-prog. Can we blame him?

So, please raise a glass to our magnificent torchbearer for drinkers everywhere! Make sure it’s stronger than my sodding water! Felicidades Sir! There is nothing like a Dame!

Elsewhere, please doff your caps and wish Mike Progfreak a very happy 46th birthday. Mike doesn’t come here any more, but I know that many people, including yours truly, have made good use of his site, and collabs still use it for their evaluations. Cheers Mike! 

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 12:46
^ Thanks for the birthday wishes, Steve. My parents, not being in that generation that revered Tolkien (or would ever read The Silmarillion, for that matter), were going to call me Martin. But my dear cousin Shirley exclaimed, "Oh, Marty...Marty Farty!" and that's how my name became Gregory. Beer

My grandmother did have an inkling of my more malevolent side and called me "Spike" as a kid.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 12:52
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

^ Thanks for the birthday wishes, Steve. My parents, not being in that generation that revered Tolkien (or would ever read The Silmarillion, for that matter), were going to call me Martin. But my dear cousin Shirley exclaimed, "Oh, Marty...Marty Farty!" and that's how my name became Gregory. Beer

My grandmother did have an inkling of my more malevolent side and called me "Spike" as a kid.

Hey Greg. You are most welcome.

Marty Farty!LOL I think you owe Shirley a bit of a debt. As for Gran, well what a fantastic story. I assume she was referring to the immortal pooch in Tom & Jerry?
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 13:46
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Marty Farty!LOL I think you owe Shirley a bit of a debt. As for Gran, well what a fantastic story. I assume she was referring to the immortal pooch in Tom & Jerry?
Grandma being Irish (first generation, Cork) didn't really watch cartoons. So Spike I learned was a nick for a gangster or hoodlum (Spike Island, once a convict depot in Cork Harbor). When I was really in trouble, she referred to me as a "ye bold scut" (a misbehaving sh*te). That is when the silver, stiff bristled old lady brush came out, and when she swang, it didn't matter where it landed or which side of the brush you'd get. LOL

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 14:12

Grandma being Irish (first generation, Cork) didn't really watch cartoons. So Spike I learned was a nick for a gangster or hoodlum (Spike Island, once a convict depot in Cork Harbor). When I was really in trouble, she referred to me as a "ye bold scut" (a misbehaving sh*te). That is when the silver, stiff bristled old lady brush came out, and when she swang, it didn't matter where it landed or which side of the brush you'd get. LOL

LOLMy grandmother was Maltese. She never used a brush, but by God, if she told you off, you stayed told off!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 07:41
Today has been deemed celebration of Eastern Europe Day in the PA Birthday thread. And why not? We have a day for almost everything else in recent times, you know, No Drinkies Day, Quit Smoking Day, Go Wrapped Cabbage Leaves for din dins instead of that lush pork roast Day, and etc.

On a slightly serious note, recent years have seen an explosion in the popularity of prog in the frozen wastelands of our continent, with Polish bands such as Riverside leading the charge, and one unfortunate side effect of Brexit is the fact that touring for acts such as Pendragon over there, where they are very popular, will be made somewhat more difficult. Many artists have, indeed, recently lobbied the government over the Visa issue, which we hope is resolved soon.

So, let us first give a huge shout out to Radoslav. Radek Ratomski is 36 today, and is the producer of Polish orchestral prog maestros, Lebowski, a damned fine band whose debut Cinematic is still a Lazland favourite. Note to self. Must listen to the follow up. LEBOWSKI discography and reviews  Happy birthday, sir!

Next, we say a very loud zdravstvuy to our very needy friend, School of Rock, or Tim as his parents named him in a not particularly Russian fashion 34 years ago today.  Tim entered our generous brethren in May 2005, and posted just the twice, both times asking the assembled prog lords of PA for hard cash Progressive Rock Music Forum - Search Results - this to purchase a bass guitar, because, you know, times are rather tough in Syberia (sic). One wag suggested that Tim might want to tap Roman Abramovitch for a few roubles prior to bothering us poor lot, very sensibly in my opinion. What has become of our destitute friend, we can only really guess at.

Next, we have Deaf. Ion celebrates his special 35th birthday all the way from Chisniau in Moldova, that stronghold of modern progressive rock. In fact, a little bit of research shows that our sonically challenged friend is, in fact, part of Self Programmed Deaf, who are a “groovy deathcore metal band” from said Moldova Self Programmed Deaf - Home | Facebook Have a listen to this cheering piece, just the topic for a cold lockdown Saturday afternoon! https://youtu.be/hvU6yXn0IZQ

Pistuka77 is 44 today, and is better known to Mummy and Daddy as Szántó Istvá. Regrettably, I cannot find a trace of this dearly departed member.

And last, but most certainly not least, we send our very best PA felicitations to Arbrzo, which appears to be a rough Polish translation of the Spanish for hug. Bless! His real name is Arkadiusz, and he is 48 today. Our Polish groovster is yet another chap who registered in the hallowed halls of Prog Wonderland, and stayed for less than ten minutes without so much as even bothering to contemplate being reported in the Forum Abuse Discussion Thread. Slackers! Actually, I think that Arkadiusz is yet another muso who thought that registration alone would bring a flock of eager musical students rushing to buy his wares, because he is still quite active. His rather good, sort of trancy, psych can be heard at arkadiusz. | Arkadiusz | Free Listening on SoundCloud And if any of you are nature lovers, as opposed to merely smoking Mother Nature, you can make an appointment and connect with our friend in a very mindful way on Sadbook at Arkadiusz - Home | Facebook

So, let us shout out loudly and proudly Sto Lat to our very good friend! Tree huggers of the world, unite and take over!

In current collab news, we say many happy returns to our mighty friend Bosh66. Chris Dawson from ‘oop North in Bolton, where smoke stacks are proper stacks unlike those southern softy versions, is 55 today, and an excellent contributor to our beloved site. Happy birthday, sir!

Lastly, Jonbirion, or Jonathan Bar Yehuda, is celebrating his 61st in lovely Israel today, hopefully vaccined up and getting properly drunk! Jonathan joined us in 2006, and is still active, although he has only posted SIX times in all that period. Hey man. That is some serious slacking. Get on that keyboard a wee bit more often! 

ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 07:50
Excellent ribaldry as ever Steve. LOLKudos to you. My prayers are with anyone offended by the humour in this thread (let's hope they bring you a cold snap snowflakes)
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 07:53
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Excellent ribaldry as ever Steve. LOLKudos to you. My prayers are with anyone offended by the humour in this thread (let's hope they bring you a cold snap snowflakes)

Cheers Iain! Actually, I’m pretty sure Mr Farage once suggested a relocation of said snowflakes to that land of the brave, Ascension Island!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 10:53
Given that it is Sunday today, the day when we all (are supposed to) heed The Almighty’s call to rest, this provides us with a little bit more time to cast our eyes over who should be honoured enough to attain the immortal prestige of Birthday Thread status.

And what an eclectic bunch of candidates we have today, I can tell you! Indeed, I could go as far as to say we could quite happily rename 28th February as Eccentricity Day here on PA.

What about our dear friend, Bloodfeastislandman, who joined our happy gang in 2010 and spent the next two and a half years posting on Just For Fun only? Just take a look at the wonderful stream of cats on his avatar. Ryan is 26 today, and the forum name is a reference to Willie Nelson’s pseudonym, the gayest monster since gay came to gaytown. No, not THAT Willie Nelson. THIS one https://aqua-teen-hunger-force.fandom.com/wiki/Willie_Nelson

And then, what about Stonedwasherman? Our friend, who is 37 today, and anonymous, likes to listen to Solar Music whilst tripping on acid, as one does, and has as his avatar the finest proponent of barking behaviour in Barkingdom, one Salvador Dali, bless him. Mr Barkings advice to us all? Wash it stoned! Wise words indeed, and ones I shall impart to Mrs Laz the next time she ventures to place the skid-marked smalls of her hubbie. She might go for this!

And we really cannot fail but to pay homage to Drew. Drew is 38 today, and hails from that paradise of beers, Belgium, which is quite good for the average Belgian given that there is absolutely f**k all else to do there in order to raise the adrenaline levels. Our friend joined us in 2005, and attempted to flog the prog hordes a David Beckham rock song from Middleage. Regrettably, the plethora of data that is the intertit has failed to keep this no doubt fascinating piece for historical posterity. A real shame, I am sure you will agree, but for those of you who really cannot live with this disappointment, please do feast your eyes on a special photograph of England’s finest hunk. David Beckham, 43, shows off a drastically thinner hairline in Miami | Daily Mail Online

But we now move to today’s headline birthday grabber. Yes, let’s all give a huge PA shout out to Jackh131, or Jack Hamps as his parents named him 30 years ago today. Jack joined us in November 2007 for all of one minute. When Jack took the time to introduce himself to us, he exclaimed “I like pies”. Although this would, of course, run the danger of upsetting certain connoisseurs of vegan pork pies, I am with him 100%. You simply cannot beat a lush steak and kidney, in my opinion! Also, given Jack’s trade, it is probably a good job that he does enjoy stuffing himself with the odd pie, because our very good friend Jack undertakes one of the most vital jobs known to civilised society, a job so vital that in my experienced opinion, it should be henceforth reclassified as a key worker occupation paid for by the state. Oh, wait a minute. With furlough payments, it is being paid for by the state! 

Anyhoo, Jack is an Assistant Manager at that glorious pleasure denied to civilised types for much of the last year. Yes, that incredible institution known as the boozer, the saloon, the pub. And here he is; Jack Hamps - Assisstant Manager - Earsham Queens Head and Waveney Brewing Company | LinkedIn So, if any of you prog types should find themselves near Norwich, and fancy a chicken and mushroom pie with a pint of ale, do please call in to Earsham Queens Head, and inform our Jack that he has achieved prog immortality. You will recognise him instantly from his Instantlonghairogram pictures  https://www.instagram.com/jackyboyh/

Happy birthday, Jack! More booze!

Regrettably, no collab birthdays to report today, but surely the above is more than enough for you all, eh? 

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 14:16
Well done Laz. Along with the Sunday Times this is becoming a staple for me. God save us all.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 14:41
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Well done Laz. Along with the Sunday Times this is becoming a staple for me. God save us all.

Steve, you are clearly a man of culture. Rod Liddle and Birthday Thread each Sunday is the consummate educational read LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 14:50

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Steve, you are clearly a man of culture. Rod Liddle and Birthday Thread each Sunday is the consummate educational read LOL
Rof!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>