Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [50.85%]
29 [49.15%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 15:18
Zep.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 15:31
The Who
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 17:33
The Who.
Always found them miles more interesting to listen to than Zep.
And I was obsessed with Zep in my early twenties, but I do not have that same excitement for Zep that I once had.

I still have it for The Who though, and have been listening to them for as long, even longer.
Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 17:55
Led Zeppelin  +1
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 19:55
Fairly equal as far as quality imho....voted Who just to tie it up.
;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 23:33
Based around the data provided, The Who.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 00:09
Zep, due to Houses of the Holy. Their proggiest album too, in my opinion.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 00:21
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

Which band had the better run? 

may I borrow the idea for a poll? EmbarrassedSmile
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 00:24
Zeppelin for me, easy choice.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 01:59
Those Who albums are hard to beat, but Led Zep just edge it due to Physical Graffiti.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 02:28
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Those Who albums are hard to beat, but Led Zep just edge it due to Physical Graffiti.

I'm the opposite. Graffiti sinks Zep (it's basically a scrapping the bottom of drawer compilation).
But with a different choice of Zep trilogy (for ex the same years' albums like 69-73), they might've won this showdown.

Not that keen of Tommy (it's got some annoying moments), but Next nears perfection the way Zep never did (even with Zoso) and Quadro blowsd the half-excellent half-poor HotH)

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 02:48
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I'm the opposite. Graffiti sinks Zep (it's basically a scrapping the bottom of drawer compilation).

Yes kind of, but it's one hell of a drawer!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 04:54
If it was any other three albums this vote would have been different. Led Zeppelin
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 07:31
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

Which band had the better run? 

may I borrow the idea for a poll? EmbarrassedSmile

Please feel free. ( I probably borrowed it from someone else)
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 08:26
I think I would have included The Who Sell Out in the album run. Who's Next and Quadrophenia are great achievements on a pure musical level, and I really enjoy them. But I tend to find The Who's 60's work more interesting. It is a bit more edgy, experimenting with noise and feedback, and containing a sort of art school elegance - also with the pop art influence that is all over The Who Sell Out in particular. It has a subtlety that somehow disappeared in the 70's when they turned the amps up to 11.

In the 60's the loudness of their agressive playing was counterweighted by Roger Daltrey's then more restrained vocals, and a more sparse use of guitar distortion. The counterweight disappeared in the 70's, especially with Daltrey becoming a hard rock screamer, paradoxically making their music much less dangerous.

Edited by The Anders - February 04 2021 at 08:31
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 08:38
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I don't even know where my Tommy album is, it's not in my The Who section.
It must be with your Beatles albums.

Silly wabbit....that would mean I don't have a Tommy album, which is incorrect, I can't find it is all. 

I only own 3 Beatles albums as I have said before. Sgt Pepper, the Blue and Red compilations. Sgt Pepper is a beat up copy worth maybe $2-3 but the Blue and Red are in VG++/NM and probably worth $40 ea. My wife bought those for $15ea, I told her it was the worst $30 she ever spent........We actually went to marriage counseling over that whole purchase. She has since apologized, almost daily LOL 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 08:55

Silly wabbit....that would mean I don't have a Tommy album, which is incorrect, I can't find it is all. 

I only own 3 Beatles albums as I have said before. Sgt Pepper, the Blue and Red compilations. Sgt Pepper is a beat up copy worth maybe $2-3 but the Blue and Red are in VG++/NM and probably worth $40 ea. My wife bought those for $15ea, I told her it was the worst $30 she ever spent........We actually went to marriage counseling over that whole purchase. She has since apologized, almost daily LOL 

Now I know what to get you for your birthday. Beatles Box Set! LOL
Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 09:28
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

This is hard. Both are excellent. I gave my vote to The Who, but Zep is not far behind.

Yeah, same here.

Believe me Pope Paul, my toes are clean
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 10:02

3 Beatles albums? Well, that's 3 more than I thought you would own.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 15:45

Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Yes kind of, but it's one hell of a drawer!

"Physical Graffiti" is a bit uneven, but there are some great songs on it. "In my Time of Dying", "Houses of the Holy", "Trampled under Foot", "Kashmir", "In the Light", even simple songs like "Custard Pie" or "The Rover". Yes, with some songs you ask "was this really necessary?", but the highlights are superb.

Edited by BaldFriede - February 04 2021 at 15:45

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>