Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A cross between Drama and 90125?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 04:06
Owner of a Lonely Heart was the song that introduced me to the music of YES, and 90125 was the only YES studio album I ever Owned on vinyl, so it has a special place in my Lonely Heart. Heart

As for the Drama album, Does It Really Happen that an album can completely pass you by at the time of its release? Yes, It Can Happen. Smile
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 02:24
Drama is one of my favourite Yes albums, and 90125 one of my least favourite. I’m struggling to imagine how a combination of the two might sound. 😳🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 23:35
Both those albums are pretty sweet, so an amalgamation of the two would be ay-ok around here
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 23:14
It'd probably be a b*****d love child album that everyone skips LOL.

For real, I have no idea. I love Drama and enjoy 90125 so I'm probably the wrong one to ask.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 21:13
I was thinking about this the other day. I was wondering what would it sound like if there was an album that was released by Yes or Yes related members in between Drama and 90125. Yes, I know 90125 was built from the ground up by former members of Yes and not intended originally to be Yes but for the sake of argument let's pretend there was an unreleased album that had the lineup of say Downes, Rabin, Anderson, Squire and White. So what I'm wondering is what actual albums sound like they would qualify for this? Moving Pictures by Rush? Nah, not really. An album by Saga maybe. What do you guys come up with?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123