1 [2.86%]
2 [5.71%]
11 [31.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 15:54
After prog Grunge is the genre i have read most genre based litterature from as i have had almost an accademic interest in the music that developed in Seattle between 1980s until 1990 and which led to the explotion between 91 to 94. An intence couldrun of unexpected reach of pure creative genious/madness. Its all about one concert venue called Metropolis.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 16:15
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

After prog Grunge is the genre i have read most genre based litterature from as i have had almost an accademic interest in the music that developed in Seattle between 1980s until 1990 and which led to the explotion between 91 to 94. An intence couldrun of unexpected reach of pure creative genious/madness. Its all about one concert venue called Metropolis.

Does the "literature" mention the purge that was made in order for grunge to rise (encouraged by the media and labels that smelled money?)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 16:35
Pearl Jam just ahead of Stone Temple Pilots. I hate the term grunge being applied to bands or music.....Grunge is more a way to describe a certain culture, which has faded away like bell bottom jeans or V cut suits.

Living in the PNW, I've seen more bigfoot than teens dressing in grunge..

Edited by Catcher10 - March 12 2021 at 16:35
yogev View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2021 at 01:28
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Pearl Jam just ahead of Stone Temple Pilots. I hate the term grunge being applied to bands or music.....Grunge is more a way to describe a certain culture, which has faded away like bell bottom jeans or V cut suits.

I'm totally agree with you
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2021 at 00:01
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Does the "literature" mention the purge that was made in order for grunge to rise (encouraged by the media and labels that smelled money?)
to some degree they mention a british journalist
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2021 at 18:57
Mad Season just came up in the rotation.  Layne Staley on vocals; Mike McCready on guitars, and Barrett Martin from Screaming Trees on drums.  Nice little grunge supergroup.

Edited by rushfan4 - March 26 2021 at 19:06
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2021 at 19:10
Alice Cooper. I mean Alice In Chains.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 14:00
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

Maybe ask on GrungeArchives! LOL
As I said about Oasis yesterday, Grunge should be banned, sorry.

Thumbs Up
Agreed wholeheartedly!
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 14:27
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Mad Season just came up in the rotation.  Layne Staley on vocals; Mike McCready on guitars, and Barrett Martin from Screaming Trees on drums.  Nice little grunge supergroup.

One of my most favourite albums ever. ❤️

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 15:20
Soundgarden

Who are those other bands? LOL
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 14:45
Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Nirvana are clearly the best out of the bunch.

The Screaming Trees are way more interesting than Pearl Jam or the STP.
yogev View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 10:36
Originally posted by Morningrise Morningrise wrote:

Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Nirvana are clearly the best out of the bunch.

The Screaming Trees are way more interesting than Pearl Jam or the STP.

I got into Screaming Trees very recently, they are great but I dont think they are better then Stone Temple or Preal Jam.

Didn't saw a lot of votes to SPT and SP, most of the votes went to the big four. And Soundgarden gets most of the votes wasent a suprise cause their the proggiest.

Edited by yogev - September 24 2021 at 08:20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123