Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albums you dislike with one song you do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gnik Nosmirc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 06:18
The Eagles - Hotel California. I only like New Kid in Town.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 06:23
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

I love Pink Floyd's song High Hopes off their album The Division Bell, whose rest brought yawny tears to my eyes.
Agree with this one.
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 08:30
The only reason I have The Eagle's- One of These Nights on CD, is for the instrumental track Journey of the Sorcerer, which of course became famous due to a particular cult radio/TV comedy.
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 08:32
I have an album on CD by a band called Mastermind, which is pretty dull, but I hang on to it as one of the bonus tracks is an excellent cover version of The Endless Enigma 
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 12:59
Not a Huge Fan of 'Invisible Touch', but Domino is amazing
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 13:02
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

True, Land Of Confusion is also good. Smile
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 22:56
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

True, Land Of Confusion is also good. Smile

The Brazilian is decent as well.

For me Domino worked best as a live track as did Home By The Sea (both parts) as well as the later Fading Lights. Not sure about all the eighties style synth drums on Domino which sound better on the The Way We Walk 'The Longs'. You can seriously annoy the neighbours with that one.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 23:36
Mine would be "Tormato" by Yes...."Future Times" is the only song I REALLY like, although "Whale" in concert was much better than the studio version!  

Don't Kill the Whale! 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2024 at 02:37
Sounds That Can't Be Made is a pretty poor album, apart from Gaza, which is an excellent track 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2024 at 02:41
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

Sounds That Can't Be Made is a pretty poor album, apart from Gaza, which is an excellent track 

I disagree, if I had a complaint about this album is that one of the songs drags a bit for too long (Montreal), other than that, solid album. 
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 09:29
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

Now now now then, what’s all this?!! STCBM is the best of Marillion’s most recent albums, with several great tracks - Gaza, the title track, Power and The Sky Above The Rain. The rest is OK, although Montreal does meander slightly….

OK, as you were!😃
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 20:25
Thick as a Brick
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 23:43
Amarok
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 01:45
Caravan - The Battle of Hastings is far from a masterpiece IMO but I really love one song on it. And that is "This Time".
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234