Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best album of the 21st century

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2023 at 21:31
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Dear god you hand out 5 stars like the messiah with bread and fish.

PP knows no half-measures  and can part the Chanel waters if he wants.

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

5 stars are meant to be a rarity not 20% of your collection, it's a Bell Curve not a horizontal line.

this is a nuance well beyond PP's horizon (and since he probably is a Flat Earth believer... )TongueWink

It can only be PA the place that lambasts someone for being over enthusiastic. I say drag him to the gallows and hang him high. Let that then be a lesson to others LOL
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2023 at 22:05
^ In defense of someone who has posted 5 star reviews somewhere near a 20% clip, let me just say that I only write reviews of albums I feel are worthy of my time and energy to promote  and yet I want to be honest while being appreciative of these committed artists' talents and efforts. Were I to review every album available each year--which I think averages over 2000 each year in Prog-related world--the center/median of my "bell curve" would, I should think, be somewhere further down the 1-to-5 average. But, again, I feel it is my job to try to bring attention to albums that show something exceptional and exciting. I feel like I'm bored and wasting my time when writing detailed reviews about albums that I do not feel are worthy of promoting (i.e. albums that I think I could do better or that are just regurgitating old ideas).

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Harold B View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 08:24
Big Big Train Folklore.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 10:33
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

^ In defense of someone who has posted 5 star reviews somewhere near a 20% clip, let me just say that I only write reviews of albums I feel are worthy of my time and energy to promote  and yet I want to be honest while being appreciative of these committed artists' talents and efforts. Were I to review every album available each year--which I think averages over 2000 each year in Prog-related world--the center/median of my "bell curve" would, I should think, be somewhere further down the 1-to-5 average. But, again, I feel it is my job to try to bring attention to albums that show something exceptional and exciting. I feel like I'm bored and wasting my time when writing detailed reviews about albums that I do not feel are worthy of promoting (i.e. albums that I think I could do better or that are just regurgitating old ideas).

I missed this post, yep I understand this point of view totally. Thumbs Up

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 11:11
I'm the same to be honest
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456