1 [2.17%]
1 [2.17%]
1 [2.17%]
3 [6.52%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 14:54
I do see, however, with only 3 votes, I don't think it's a good way to determine that is the case.  I can only speak for myself.  I did find the one song more interesting than most of current pop I have had exposure to.  I think many of us stretch the 3 vote thing with honourable mentions and the like.  When one looks over what people said about all of the songs, if they had time to do so, is probably more of a clue of what each individual is more inclined to like, over time.  However, that may be subject to change over time, and the final votes come down to weighing the chosen selection against the other chosen selections, which vary, then, depending.  I am sure it's not a personal thing, we're just comparing apples to oranges sometimes in these polls, even with a theme and some rules.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2021 at 18:13
OK, I have boiled it down to Weedpecker, Boards of Canada, Hank Dogs, Admirals Hard, Bruce Springsteen (!), Jehnny Beth. That's... six, so three too many... I'll sleep over it.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2021 at 18:18
Quote Jehnny Beth and Johnny Hostile,
French names are no longer what they used to be... Ermm
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 02:30
^ Hehe, maybe that's why they never got married...

Just for the pleasure of it, Bolland & Bolland's You're In The Army Now, with a cringe-y clip but with real Moogs in it... (better than the Status Quo version, isn't it?):

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 06:09
So instead of narrowing things down, relistening throws up even more that I like. Now Gino Vannelli, Kings of Leon, Screaming Trees, and Ibeyi make an impression as well, but if I ever want to get down to three, I can't allow them in. Boards of Canada, love that band but hadn't heard this one. I like it but they have better, so rank 6 for them. Weedpecker - Molecules is pretty much to my taste and was a clear candidate for a vote, but must be satisfied with rank 5 as there are four things I simply can't vote around.

Jehnny Beth is probably the best discovery here, what a great atmospheric powerful track! Now I'd never have thought to vote for Bruce Springsteen once, but this one really struck a chord with me big time. An ex-lover of mine has died this year in her fifties. I didn't have contact with her for some years, but would definitely have hoped to meet her further on up the road, but it wasn't to be. Cry The Hank Dogs song is wonderful and can be associated with the same story. And then there's Admiral's Hard... actually I think I have seen all those involved live, but I didn't know this one. The Cardiacs family really feels like a family and after some time one can feel like a distant relative as a fan.

So I have to vote for all of these... not, because that's four and the rules are the rules. As much as it hurts, I'll probably drop the Hank Dogs at four just because... I have no idea.

Edited by Lewian - December 05 2021 at 09:43
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 08:00
Sorry to hear of your loss, Christian.  I'm not sure whether it's a blessing to know, sometimes, when people go to the other side that we've not had close contact with for years, or not.  With the internet, it seems we more often do find out, than in the days of old.  I have a few people who just dropped off the face of the earth, some I feel are here, some I feel, are not.  Of course, she may have been someone you did stay in sporadic touch with, but the loss can still feel profound, either way, as in a way, a part of you also is lost with them.  

I like to think that time is both forwards and backwards, that the past is still there, the present is here and the future is also here, but just not yet.  Somewhere in the past, the times you remember with this person are still happening, hopefully mostly the good ones will be the ones you recall.
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 09:26
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Jehnny Beth is probably the best discovery here, what a great atmospheric powerful track! Now I'd never have thought to vote for Bruce Springsteen once, but this one really struck a chord with me big time. An ex-lover of mine has died this year in her fifties. I didn't have contact with here for some years, but would definitely have hoped to meet her further on up the road, but it wasn't to be. Cry The Hank Dogs song is wonderful and can be associated with the same story. And then there's Admiral's Hard... actually I think I have seen all those involved live, but I didn't know this one. The Cardiacs family really feels like a family and after some time one can feel like a distant relative as a fan.

Cry
But even
Clap
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 09:57
Thanks to both of you, also for your kind words Nicky. I'm thinking of her a lot today. It wasn't the internet that made me find out - her husband was nice enough to tell me. You're right, in my mind she's there, everything good about our past, but also the painful separation. I'm grateful to know.  
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 10:15
^ Christian, my deepest condolences to you. It should be very sorrowful for you...
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 10:53
I think love is forever.

My ex girlfriends live in a corner of my heart.

No matter how many years have passed, how many problems we had, how was painful or bad the end of the relationship.

It's better to keep the good things happened inside our hearts. And never forget the love.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 11:21
Well said, everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678