Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRussia/Ukraine tensions - Any concern?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russia/Ukraine tensions - Any concern?
    Posted: March 07 2022 at 11:09
This is a wretched version of civil discourse, as is usually the case with political discussion on this site.

A cooling off period is being implemented. Do not circumnavigate this decision. Go discuss some music for awhile.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 10:43
This thread is off the rails. Let's concentrate on stopping the bleeding and not concentrate on picking off scabs. America did not attack the Ukraine, Putin did.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 10:23
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Repeat after me: Putin is censoring his own people. Again: Putin is censoring his own people. One more time for effect: Putin is censoring his own people. My naïve little bambino, Putin is not interested in a solution, 

His aim is clearly to annex the rest of the Ukraine that he had not already stolen. 

Putin offers solution to end war. Putin listed four conditions to stop War in a moment- 

1) Cease military activity. 
2) Enshrine neutrality in constitution
3) Recognize Crimea as Russian state.
4) Recognize separatist republics- Donetsk and Lugansk as independent states.

"The Kremlin spokesman insisted Russia was not seeking to make any further territorial claims on Ukraine and said it was "not true" that it was demanding Kyiv be handed over."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kremlin-says-russian-military-action-115703035.html

So, if I were a Ukrainian, I would react the same way if another country invaded my homeland:

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. I will kill as many of your sons that you send in to my country, and will continue to do so until I'm in a body bag. 

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. Why don't you change your constitution to have free elections and not a permanent Putin dictatorship? Who the f*ck are you tell me what should be in my constitution?

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. You illegally annexed a part of my country. You stole it. 

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. Why doesn't Russia allow parts of its country that want nothing to do with Putin leave whenever they want? I'll bet you'd get a lot of takers on that proposition, Vladdy.

Ah, Dark Elf has a solution!   Shouting harsh language at Russia and then fighting till every Ukrainian is in a body bag.  

It appears Russia will win. If Russia is forced to fight till every Ukrainian soldier is dead, I believe that Putin would incorporate Ukraine.  However, if Ukraine were to agree to Putin's terms, than most their country will remain free and neutral.  What so bad about neutrality? 

I salute Dark Elf's enthusiasm in condemning aggression on sovereign countries. Here's a list of sovereign countries that America Bombed and/or invaded since World War II. Get creative Dark Elf.  Tell us what you would say to America. Go get 'em Tiger!

China 1945-46

Korea 1950-53

China 1950-53

Guatemala 1954

Indonesia 1958

Cuba 1959-60

Guatemala 1960

Belgian Congo 1964

Guatemala 1964

Dominican Republic 1965-66

Peru 1965

Laos 1964-73

Vietnam 1961-73

Cambodia 1969-70

Guatemala 1967-69

Lebanon 1982-84

Grenada 1983-84

Libya 1986

El Salvador 1981-92

Nicaragua 1981-90

Iran 1987-88

Libya 1989

Panama 1989-90

Iraq 1991

Kuwait 1991

Somalia 1992-94

Bosnia 1995

Iran 1998

Sudan 1998

Afghanistan 1998

Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999

Afghanistan 2001

Libya 2011

Iraq and Syria 2014 –

Somalia 2011 –

Iran 2020 –

Yemen- Now

Oh yeah, Iraq. Who can forget Iraq?

Cindy, why do think a group of left leaners or pure leftists that make up a majority of the posters in thread would support these insurgencies by the US? Do you understand the crowd that you are addressing?

Edited by SteveG - March 07 2022 at 10:26
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 10:22
Let's not forget the problem is Putin's war and not some posters who post things on a prog forum that you don't like.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 10:20
Looks like the illegitimate son of a orangutan once again demonstrates his intelligence (or lack thereof) as he proposes a solution to the no-fly zone question.

Edited by JD - March 07 2022 at 10:20
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 10:16

Repeat after me: Putin is censoring his own people. Again: Putin is censoring his own people. One more time for effect: Putin is censoring his own people. My naïve little bambino, Putin is not interested in a solution, 

His aim is clearly to annex the rest of the Ukraine that he had not already stolen. 

Putin offers solution to end war. Putin listed four conditions to stop War in a moment- 

"The Kremlin spokesman insisted Russia was not seeking to make any further territorial claims on Ukraine and said it was "not true" that it was demanding Kyiv be handed over."

So, if I were a Ukrainian, I would react the same way if another country invaded my homeland:

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. I will kill as many of your sons that you send in to my country, and will continue to do so until I'm in a body bag. 

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. Why don't you change your constitution to have free elections and not a permanent Putin dictatorship? Who the f*ck are you tell me what should be in my constitution?

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. You illegally annexed a part of my country. You stole it. 

F*ck you Russia, get the f*ck out. Why doesn't Russia allow parts of its country that want nothing to do with Putin leave whenever they want? I'll bet you'd get a lot of takers on that proposition, Vladdy.

Ah, Dark Elf has a solution!   Shouting harsh language at Russia and then fighting till every Ukrainian is in a body bag.  

It appears Russia will win. If Russia is forced to fight till every Ukrainian soldier is dead, I believe that Putin would incorporate Ukraine.  However, if Ukraine were to agree to Putin's terms, than most their country will remain free and neutral.  What so bad about neutrality? 

I salute Dark Elf's enthusiasm in condemning aggression on sovereign countries. Here's a list of sovereign countries that America Bombed and/or invaded since World War II. Get creative Dark Elf.  Tell us what you would say to America. Go get 'em Tiger!

China 1945-46

Korea 1950-53

China 1950-53

Guatemala 1954

Indonesia 1958

Cuba 1959-60

Guatemala 1960

Belgian Congo 1964

Guatemala 1964

Dominican Republic 1965-66

Peru 1965

Laos 1964-73

Vietnam 1961-73

Cambodia 1969-70

Guatemala 1967-69

Lebanon 1982-84

Grenada 1983-84

Libya 1986

El Salvador 1981-92

Nicaragua 1981-90

Iran 1987-88

Libya 1989

Panama 1989-90

Iraq 1991

Kuwait 1991

Somalia 1992-94

Bosnia 1995

Iran 1998

Sudan 1998

Afghanistan 1998

Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999

Afghanistan 2001

Libya 2011

Iraq and Syria 2014 –

Somalia 2011 –

Iran 2020 –

Yemen- Now

Oh yeah, Iraq. Who can forget Iraq?

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 10:13

Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'm sure the Dark Elf is aware of Putin's conditions, but he, like many intelligent people, doesn't trust him. Look how well he's honored the two "safe corridors" so far.

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-russia-war-live-updates-082800055.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

"Ukraine dismissed Moscow's offer to create humanitarian corridors from several bombarded cities on Monday after it emerged that exit routes would lead refugees into Russia or Belarus.

The Russian proposal of safe passage for people from Kharkiv, Kyiv, Mariupol and Sumy came after terrified Ukrainian civilians came under fire in previous failed ceasefire attempts."[EDIT]

You need some serious help there buddy. You bolded the wrong part of the statement which only highlights your warped sense of what's going on (see above in RED).  You can't see why running into the arms of a nation that wants to exterminate you is unpalatable?
Then again, you ARE showing a similar thought process to other things I see happening in Texas so I have to imagine it seems normalto you. For what it's worth...IT'S NOT !

I did not bold the wrong part of the statement. Unless, you are censoring me, JD.  

Russia also allows escape routes to Poland. However, all males between 18-65 are detained by Ukraine police and pressed into military service.  Poland won't allow black civilians to cross border, however Russia and Belarus allow black civilians to enter. 

If you have data from reality that proves Russians are killing refugees escaping from Ukraine...please share. I'm sure the Geneva Convention would want to know. 

Zellenskyy wants the World to see dead civilians on TV. That's why Zellenskyy will not allow civilians to escape.  
Let me clarify...I removed your bold in BLACK and highlighted in RED what you should have focused on. Does that make it easier for you to understand?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 10:00
Can anyone of sound mind even imagine what would happen to Ukrainian citizens if they were allowed to "escape" to Belarus? Can you say gulag?

Edited by SteveG - March 07 2022 at 10:00
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:58
@The Dark Elf

your responses to my comments and are so offensive, so devoid of any reference to what I have written so far that I wonder if you have read my messages.

I cannot now go and copy paste everything I have written to show that you attribute to me many things I have never written.

What I understand is that for you Putin must be dismissed (as has already been done with Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi), and I wonder under what international law you can think of doing so.

Then, on the fact that there was a moment when it seemed that Russia wanted to join NATO, I remember that period, but it didn't last long, and it should be interpreted well with what happened before and after. But even if I wrote something else about this, I suppose you would attribute different things to me.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - March 07 2022 at 09:59
"Happiness is real only when shared"
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:54

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:38
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

I'm sure the Dark Elf is aware of Putin's conditions, but he, like many intelligent people, doesn't trust him. Look how well he's honored the two "safe corridors" so far.

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-russia-war-live-updates-082800055.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

"Ukraine dismissed Moscow's offer to create humanitarian corridors from several bombarded cities on Monday after it emerged that exit routes would lead refugees into Russia or Belarus.

The Russian proposal of safe passage for people from Kharkiv, Kyiv, Mariupol and Sumy came after terrified Ukrainian civilians came under fire in previous failed ceasefire attempts."

Apparently, Zelenskyy wants civilians to die on TV cameras.  That way, Zenlenskyy can claim that Russia is purposely killing civilians.  I've posted videos of Russian troops watching Ukrainians protest them without any aggression what-so-ever. Should I post more?  The UN claims 351 civilians have been killed so far.  I would think if Russia was trying to kill civilians that they would have killed a hundred thousand by now.  That's what America did in Iraq. America slaughtered over 200,000 Iraq civilians. Shock and Awe.  

Unlike you Steve, I cannot read Dark Elf's mind or Putin's mind.  Instead, I make judgements by examining reality. 

Do I trust Putin? No. 

Do I trust Zelenskyy? No, he's worth over a billion dollars. Zelenskyy has been president for three years!

Do I trust Biden? No. Even so, cool heads need to negotiate a Peace.  What would you do Steve?  Would you have Ukraine fight to the death of the last man?  What would you do?

You know Cindy, you have mentally degenerated so much that you no longer make a bit of sense. I don't know what kind of dream world you reside in, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Oh well, Steve, your arguments are always very elaborated and above all respectful of the opinions of others. I am not surprised by this offensive comment after you said that I have lost credibility in your eyes because I quote Oliver Stone and Sergio Romano, whom you don't even know but whom you consider a right-wing fanatic just because he expresses different opinions from yours. 
Maybe Catherine Belton of Reuters is also a pro-Russian fanatic....

Given that by now may want to deny the USSR (which is the nation that lost the most human lives of all in the Second World War, due to Nazi-fascist aggression) the role of liberators of Eastern Europe from the Nazis (some here have come to say who occupied Eastern Europe only because, as America did, they did not immediately remove their army and their weapons, but a few years later, and then immediately made a military alliance with the liberated countries), I I wonder if this thread should be titled "The anti-Russian thread".
You and Cindy are what you are. God made you that way. I just observe it.

Yes, I know, me and Cindy are mad, or insane, and you observe us with pity and compassion.
Not in this circumstance. There's no kumbaya when thousands are dying and you play a blame game and Cindy dwells in altered reality. 

Edited by SteveG - March 07 2022 at 09:40
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:38

The Russian proposal of safe passage for people from Kharkiv, Kyiv, Mariupol and Sumy came after terrified Ukrainian civilians came under fire in previous failed ceasefire attempts."

Apparently, Zelenskyy wants civilians to die on TV cameras.  That way, Zenlenskyy can claim that Russia is purposely killing civilians.  I've posted videos of Russian troops watching Ukrainians protest them without any aggression what-so-ever. Should I post more?  The UN claims 351 civilians have been killed so far.  I would think if Russia was trying to kill civilians that they would have killed a hundred thousand by now.  That's what America did in Iraq. America slaughtered over 200,000 Iraq civilians. Shock and Awe.  

Unlike you Steve, I cannot read Dark Elf's mind or Putin's mind.  Instead, I make judgements by examining reality. 

Do I trust Putin? No. 

Do I trust Zelenskyy? No, he's worth over a billion dollars. Zelenskyy has been president for three years!

Do I trust Biden? No. Even so, cool heads need to negotiate a Peace.  What would you do Steve?  Would you have Ukraine fight to the death of the last man?  What would you do?

You know Cindy, you have mentally degenerated so much that you no longer make a bit of sense. I don't know what kind of dream world you reside in, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

What did I say that does not make sense?  Pick one or more, Steve.

1. I can't read minds
2. I make judgements based on reality.
3. I do not Trust Zelensky, Putin, or Biden.
4. I want Peace
5. I asked you, Steve...What would you do? 
6. Zellensky want's the world to see civilians killed by Russians on TV.  ( if not, than why won't Zellenskyy let civilians flee?) 
7. America killed over 200,000 civilians in Iraq
8. The UN reported that 351 Ukrainian civilians have died.

Ummm, I pick 5.   It made no sense to ask what would Steve do.  Steve doesn't know what to do. Oh, you insult people who disagree with you.  What would you do to end the War, Steve?   What would you do Steve?

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 07 2022 at 09:55
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:37

Do I trust Putin? No. 

Oh well, Steve, your arguments are always very elaborated and above all respectful of the opinions of others. I am not surprised by this offensive comment after you said that I have lost credibility in your eyes because I quote Oliver Stone and Sergio Romano, whom you don't even know but whom you consider a right-wing fanatic just because he expresses different opinions from yours. 

Given that by now may want to deny the USSR (which is the nation that lost the most human lives of all in the Second World War, due to Nazi-fascist aggression) the role of liberators of Eastern Europe from the Nazis (some here have come to say who occupied Eastern Europe only because, as America did, they did not immediately remove their army and their weapons, but a few years later, and then immediately made a military alliance with the liberated countries), I I wonder if this thread should be titled "The anti-Russian thread".

Yes, I know, me and Cindy are mad, or insane, and you observe us with pity and compassion.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:33

Do I trust Putin? No. 

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:25

Do I trust Putin? No. 

Given that by now many want to deny the USSR (which is the nation that lost the most human lives of all in the Second World War, due to Nazi-fascist aggression) the role of liberators of Eastern Europe from the Nazis (some here have come to say who occupied Eastern Europe only because, as America did, they did not immediately remove their army and their weapons, but a few years later, and then immediately made a military alliance with the liberated countries), I I wonder if this thread should be titled "The anti-Russian thread".

Edited by jamesbaldwin - March 07 2022 at 09:33
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:15

The Russian proposal of safe passage for people from Kharkiv, Kyiv, Mariupol and Sumy came after terrified Ukrainian civilians came under fire in previous failed ceasefire attempts."[EDIT]

You need some serious help there buddy. You bolded the wrong part of the statement which only highlights your warped sense of what's going on (see above in RED).  You can't see why running into the arms of a nation that wants to exterminate you is unpalatable?
Then again, you ARE showing a similar thought process to other things I see happening in Texas so I have to imagine it seems normalto you. For what it's worth...IT'S NOT !

I did not bold the wrong part of the statement. Unless, you are censoring me, JD.  

Russia also allows escape routes to Poland. However, all males between 18-65 are detained by Ukraine police and pressed into military service.  Poland won't allow black civilians to cross border, however Russia and Belarus allow black civilians to enter. 

If you have data from reality that proves Russians are killing refugees escaping from Ukraine...please share. I'm sure the Geneva Convention would want to know. 

Zellenskyy wants the World to see dead civilians on TV. That's why Zellenskyy will not allow civilians to escape.  
You have absolutely no idea how insane you sound. Unbelievable.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:14

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:06

Do I trust Putin? No. 

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 09:01

Then again, you ARE showing a similar thought process to other things I see happening in Texas so I have to imagine it seems normal to you. For what it's worth...IT'S NOT !
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2022 at 08:32

Do I trust Putin? No. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 07 2022 at 08:40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>