Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Seek Obscure Prog Albums to Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rgrohsman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgrohsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Seek Obscure Prog Albums to Review
    Posted: November 14 2022 at 16:53
Hello! If you're interested in brand new Prog music, please consider checking out I.AB's recent release. Currently available on Bandcamp, coming to streaming platforms soon...

We would love to hear what Prog lovers think of it!

https://iabmusic1.bandcamp.com/album/in-time

Thanks!
SambaTisst View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SambaTisst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 00:15
How about the newest Nixen Blixen?
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lAFoVVei1o9MeFKYSUu6iQtdo88WOi590
These danes have released five albums in a year, and the music changes gradually.
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2022 at 08:32
How about;
Vintersea - Illusion
Those Who Ride with Giants - Forlorn

You can be the first to review those :)
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2022 at 06:10
I'm sorry guys & gals for not keeping my promise. I have other interests and I mainly listen to other genres of music mostly, for months.

I guess I'll write some reviews out of your suggestions. Lewian's suggestion Rapoon is in my radar.

Yet, I'm waiting for a spark of motivation.

Again, I'm sorry.
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2022 at 04:40
Is there no appetite for someone with the knowledge and power to run a version of the "UnreviewedAlbums.asp" link that only covers Studio Albums rather than including the thousands of Singles, Live albums, compilations etc?
edzeroprog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzeroprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2022 at 16:16
Oh man, it would be great if you could take a listen to my album Odyssey of Thoughts. I posted it on the "Review my album" section, but I hadn't any review Ermm
fouad.ai.azar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fouad.ai.azar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2022 at 16:16
The Omnipotent Youth Society - Inside the Cable Temple
Chinese Eclectic Prog

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 03:49

Under Byen (DK) - Samme Stof Som Stof  (2006)

0 reviews, 0 ratings, klassified as RIO/Avant-Prog, to me more like Post-Rock though

- if belatedly Smile

Edited by David_D - September 04 2022 at 06:04
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2022 at 10:19
^ Thanks David! I have some other interests nowadays, unfortunately. But I'll check all the suggested bands/albums out here and will write reviews of some of them, if belatedly or in chaotic intervals. CoolEmbarrassed
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2022 at 09:54

from China (2007), 3 reviews, 21 ratings and classified as Neo-Prog, even I wouldn't say that. 

quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 21:43
Well I just found a proper full-length with 0 ratings:

bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 15:44
Ignea - The Sign of Faith (Instrumental)

This is the only full-length with zero ratings I can think of in the top of my head. I wouldn't exactly call Ignea obscure, however, they were only just added to the archives less than a month ago, so they don't have many reviews yet.

This is an instrumental edition of a full-length. Do what you will with that.

Edited by bardberic - July 02 2022 at 15:45
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 05:29
OK. I feel enthusiastic again. Today I'll write a review, but not out of the suggestions here. Then, I'll get back to your suggestions/recommendations. I guess I'll alternate between the two.

I'm not really comfortable and eager so as to update here often, but I guess I can do that monthly or so.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 09:49
"Fairy Tales" by Mother Gong. Only 48 ratings and 8 reviews; that's pretty obscure to me.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2022 at 20:45
^ I once became so exclusive about what I thought was good that I stopped listening to music all together and became fascinated with the amplified sounds of a beehive.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2022 at 20:09
I have so much obscure stuff that I'm now looking for more well known stuff that I missed the first time around. It's weird that there's still stuff by bands like Camel, IQ, The Tangent, Pendragon, Focus, Canterbury and Italian stuff I haven't even heard yet because I focused too much on lesser known stuff. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2022 at 15:56
^ Some changes in my routine and habits... They seem permanent for now. I literally lost my interest in discovering new music; or I do it superficially. I'm more of a reader than a listener for quite some time and I prefer less demanding stuff serving as background music. I believe I'll write some reviews here but not as often as I originally planned.

I'll check your stuff out, like other suggestions. Thumbs Up
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2022 at 15:23
If you're still looking for albums... since everyone's advertising their own stuff anyway, maybe you could take a look at the one album of mine that doesn't have a review on Progarchives yet? 😅
Marcos87 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2022 at 13:11
Hi!

Maybe you should review the last album from my band, it's called "Galeria de raices", we make prog related/art rock with influences of Iona, Phil Keaggy and Rush, all with spanish lyrics

Listen our music here!

Edited by Marcos87 - April 30 2022 at 18:14
galeriaderaices.bandcamp.com/
JundrixOxhole View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JundrixOxhole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 09:58
Hi,

you might be interested in checking out the new CD 'Ocean of Colours' by my band Oxhole. You can listen to the full album on youtube or spotify (links below).

Oxhole is not on ProgArchives yet, I don't know if that's a problem for you. But it'd be a good fit I think, I'd like to see it added to the catalogue this year.

Album playlist youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue3Yy90W7Qw&list=OLAK5uy_mM_KOuaTWF8fRX2KtNaLvoC0x19qj6Fp0
Album playlist spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/album/4mvWbEHA0rq04uHDq9Y8ox
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>