Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KINGS X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 13:39
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

well they're no Planet X

Er, okay? Planet X and King's X are poles apart. Are we going to compare Pink Floyd and Return to Forever next?

They don't need to be that.
Also they came 10 years before Planet X (or so). 

Excellent band all around, a ton of great songs.

Whoever missed King's X in recent years should have checked The Jelly Jam, KXM, Dug Pinnick solo, Ty Tabor solo, that's what i know, I'm sure there's more. 
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 13:49
Planet X is great jazz fusion.  It's like comparing Bach with Run DMC.  Kings X is heavy melodic rock music with the emphasis on heavy, as we have drop C tuning on the bass.  They don't fit in any genre as they play music that dose not fit into a box.  You can't put God in a Box.  Music is feeling not Sound.

Edited by maxsmusic - July 03 2022 at 13:53
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 13:53
Originally posted by maxsmusic maxsmusic wrote:

Planet X is great jazz fusion with Derick.  It's like comparing Bach with Run DMC.  Kings X is heavy melodic rock music with the emphasis on heavy, as we have drop C tuning on the bass.  They don't fit in any genre as they play music that dose not fit into a box.  You can't put God in a Box.

You should listen to Platypus, it's Ty Tabor with Derek Sherinian, Rod Morgenstein and John Myung. 
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 13:57
Shall We Desend?
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:01
Planet X is great music.  Instrumental heavy jazz with rock motifs.  The Jelly Jam is also worthy of your attention.  Anything Ty does is really nice.  His solo albums are phenomenal.  Jerry has two good solo albums and Dug is all over the place in his projects.  They keep busy.
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:11
When bands wait 10 -12 years to release an album, like Kings X and Porcupine Tree, the pent up demand is heavy and the fans are waiting and wondering, like they are lost in Germany.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:16

When bands wait 10 -12 years to release an album, like Kings X and Porcupine Tree, the pent up demand is heavy and the fans are waiting and wondering, like they are lost in Germany.

Again, it's not like the musicians stood around doing nothing! Tongue
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:25

Planet X is great jazz fusion.  It's like comparing Bach with Run DMC.  Kings X is heavy melodic rock music with the emphasis on heavy, as we have drop C tuning on the bass.  They don't fit in any genre as they play music that dose not fit into a box.  You can't put God in a Box.  Music is feeling not Sound.

Yeah, it makes no sense comparing bands like that. They're about completely different things. They paint with different sonic brushes on vastly different canvases. That's why I never compare bands with keyboardists as leaders (ELP, Ars Nova, Niacin, etc.) with guitar-led bands, let alone trios. They scratch different itches, and I need every itch scratched, and plenty. LOL
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:25
 @masxmusic: Ermm  You must be a native English speaker, but I thought I learned English at school; I'm a bit lost at understanding what you try to convey in your last three posts here...

Edited by suitkees - July 03 2022 at 14:26

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:36
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Whoever missed King's X in recent years should have checked The Jelly Jam, KXM, Dug Pinnick solo, Ty Tabor solo, that's what i know, I'm sure there's more.

The Mob (one self-titled album, 2005)

dUg Pinnick (bass, lead vocals) + Kelly Keagy (drums, lead vocals on one song) + Reb Beach (guitar) + Timothy Drury (keys)

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:38
Here's that rippin' cover of Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak" as performed by dUg Pinnick, Doug Aldrich, Phil X, Billy Sheehan and Ray Luzier.

maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:45
ART is truth and God is light.  That is all you really need to know and all that there is.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:46
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

The Mob (one self-titled album, 2005)

dUg Pinnick (bass, lead vocals) + Kelly Keagy (drums, lead vocals on one song) + Reb Beach (guitar) + Timothy Drury (keys)

thanks for that, I might have to check the whole thing out, like I said the musicians of King's X have been busy. 

Edited by Cristi - July 03 2022 at 14:46
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:48
You may not understand your life, you may even be confused.  Listen to KINGS X and you may be happier in a few minutes.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 14:53

You may not understand your life, you may even be confused.  Listen to KINGS X and you may be happier in a few minutes.

Again, most people posting here love King's X, I don't honestly know what is your problem here?  Confused
Some people here (myself included) have listened to albums the King's X musicians have been a part of. 

Edited by Cristi - July 03 2022 at 16:42
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 15:01

ART is truth and God is light.  That is all you really need to know and all that there is.

You very much sound like a zealot, here.

But if you want my opinion: there is no truth and god is a lure.
So, there you have it. Ermm
And I don't even want to know anymore what Kings X is about.

Edited by suitkees - July 03 2022 at 15:01

maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 15:03
LIFE IS A QUESTION ABOUT LIFE. If you understand that you may not be so confused. Good Luck.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 15:05
Like spinach is a question about spinach. That's all clear to me, like it was for Popeye... Confused

maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 15:06
Don't get caught up in words.  You will always be unhappy.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 15:07

LIFE IS A QUESTION ABOUT LIFE. If you understand that you may not be so confused. Good Luck.

it feels like you're baiting and trolling. 
If you are, stop it.
If you want to discuss the music of King's X, then that's fine. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>