Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Republican Thunderdome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2023 at 21:22
Originally posted by Hugh Manatee Hugh Manatee wrote:

The one huge problem I see with politics in general and particularly in the US, is that democracy and capitalism are incompatible. 

Only those with access to huge amounts of money can hope to nominate for higher office, which of course then leads to relying on lobbyists and vested interests for financing.

That's without taking into account the inherent adversarial nature of politics that will not allow one side or the other to make any meaningful advances lest one side gain a popularity that becomes a lasting positive legacy.

Totally agree with this. I live in the SF Bay Area and i have clients who have multiple mansions that they don't even live in meanwhile i pass shantytowns in just about every county bordering the Bay and growing exponentially by the year. Those who are satisfied with the status quo are clearly out of touch with the discrepancies of what this nation promises and what it actually delivers. By saying it could be worse is settling for second rate. The uniparty system captured by corporate interests has usurped any democratic aspirations and if someone is not outraged by this then they're not really paying attention.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2023 at 21:31
^ You don't own outrage, and yours is not the only kind of concern.   If you're not happy where you are, at the end of the day that's on you to go somewhere else and improve your life.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2023 at 22:12
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ You don't own outrage, and yours is not the only kind of concern.   If you're not happy where you are, at the end of the day that's on you to go somewhere else and improve your life.

That's the cowardly way of dealing with sh*t. This is the nation i was born in and i'm here to kick ass. I am here to watch, to observe, to learn the methodologies of how we are energetically enslaved and to hold accountable every b*****d criminal who has perpetuated injustice against the populace. Go ahead and smoke your joint or whatever you do to ignore the reality of our situation. I'm not stopping you. You can run and hide but i'm here to join those who are here to take action to make the changes needed to make this world just and it ain't coming from anyone involved in the corrupt uniparty system. BTW in case you are not paying attention the virus we call tyranny is poised to take over the entire planet and my rocket ship is in the shop.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2023 at 22:22
This is really the ONLY presidential candidate i've EVER heard who actually gets it on multiple levels.
I might actually have to register to vote after years of dropping out ;)

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2023 at 22:23
You're here to "kick ass" ?--   that's great, dude who I'm guessing has never been in a real streetfight... or am I wrong, please correct me.   Because I want you to kick some ass.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2023 at 22:30
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

You're here to "kick ass" ?--   that's great, dude who I'm guessing has never been in a real streetfight... or am I wrong, please correct me.   Because I want you to kick some ass.

I guess you don't comprehend metaphors?

Here's a dictionary definition for ya:
Idioms:
kick ass/butt Vulgar Slang
To take forceful or harsh measures to achieve an objective.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2023 at 22:38
Yeah.  That's what I thought.

suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 03:48
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

For those who (prefer to) believe in "alternative facts": there is still some hope for you...

Getting back to the OP's topic: Republicans continue to inflict chaos on themselves and on the US of A. Are there still Republicans left who work for the well-being of their country?

Did you know the term "conspiracy theory" was created by the CIA to shut down anyone who questioned their official narrative?

No, I didn't know that, because it is not true (see also There’s a conspiracy theory that the CIA invented the term ‘conspiracy theory’ – here’s why). It seems to be an "alternative fact" that a "true researcher" would not have adopted because he checks and double checks his data (sources).

My theory is that someone uses "alternative facts" in order to push a narrative that serves specific interests and/or beliefs that are going against the - established - facts.

And this...
Quote All one really needs to do to paint a crystal clear picture is follow two things: patents and money trails. Those are unequivocal verifiers of reality. 
...seems to me a very hazardous claim about reality, because what "reality" is seems to have been brought down to only these parameters in order to build up a narrative for which one is going to find "proof". This is what "true researchers" call tunnel-vision. And claiming that they are "unequivocal verifiers of reality" is something a "true researcher" would never claim about something that by nature is not unequivocal.
"Reality" is a much more complex phenomenon and created/constituted by a multiplicity of narratives... is my theory (but not only mine...).

Quote The denial of certain conspiracies is exactly why the world is in the mess it is right now.

Maybe, but the adoption or certain conspiracy theories is definitely contributing to that too.

So you prefer to believe a website that makes a claim rather than CIA whistleblowers themselves? Both ex-CIA whisteblowers Kevin Schipp as well as Robert David Steele amongst others have disclosed these things to the public and not only that but have explained how they exactly work in great detail with documentation.

The world is run by dark psychologists intel intelligence units that work together like a swarm to steer the public's consciousness in their desired direction.

Whether or not the actually claim is true or not does not matter as much as that you simply dismissed the possibility that has more tangibility than a silly website that has no way of verifying its claims.
<snip>

Ermm

Wow, I only countered your claim that "the term "conspiracy theory" was created by the CIA". You're completely free to believe in the "alternative fact" that it was the CIA who created it, but your rant is grotesquely besides the point that I made.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 04:05

progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 04:21

You probably should check out the numbers on voter registration cards. We wouldn't want to see you accidentally be owned by the corporation. Barring that, there's probably some patent somewhere or a maritime law that says becoming a voter is the same thing as becoming an employee. I'm inside a group of 82 circles and all I have are my farts to protect me.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 05:32

Most Democrat and Republican House Representatives and Senate are members of a Uni-Party.  They become rich and powerful off the backs of American taxpayers.  It's all Kabuki theater.  Most Americans don't understand that the real struggle is a class struggle.  The Democrat/GOP Representatives and Senate have more in common with each other than they do with their constituents.  

The Uni-party succeeded in goading the people of the opposite political parties to hate each other.  Divide and conquer. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 05:41
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Most Democrat and Republican House Representatives and Senate are members of a Uni-Party.  They become rich and powerful off the backs of American taxpayers.  It's all Kabuki theater.  Most Americans don't understand that the real struggle is a class struggle.  The Democrat/GOP Representatives and Senate have more in common with each other than they do with their constituents.  

The Uni-party succeeded in goading the people of the opposite political parties to hate each other.  Divide and conquer. 
Dems and Repubs are part of a Uni-party? Well, you could have fooled me.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicVibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 08:22

Any form of government will work if it contains a moral populace.  The leader will have some affect but not as much as you may think.  You can have a dictatorship under Budha, or Krishna or Christ or any noble person you can think of, if majority of the people are highly immoral it will fail.

Democracy and capitalism can be a beautiful thing under the right circumstances.  I see a lot of folks praising democracy but not understanding what that really means. Or willing to give it up temporarily due to fear.

Leadership has 2 main qualities.  A good leader will try to unite, not divide. During a crisis a good leader will try to calm and deescalate the situation, not instill fear and make it worse.  Open and Honest communication is also highly desired in a good leader.

A tyrant’s strategy is to divide and conquer, and instilling fear is his greatest weapon.

Who wielded that weapon better, Trump or Biden?  Neither really mattered as the overall vibration of the people spits out its leaders.  Change of heart elevates vibration, which in turn will produce an honorable leader.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 08:32
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

You probably should check out the numbers on voter registration cards. We wouldn't want to see you accidentally be owned by the corporation. Barring that, there's probably some patent somewhere or a maritime law that says becoming a voter is the same thing as becoming an employee. I'm inside a group of 82 circles and all I have are my farts to protect me.

LOL Great points! Nice try but Maritime Law is contract law and yes, voting is voting for a CEO of the US corporation but might be temporarily worth it if someone can actually upset the apple cart. We all need to start fart groups. If only everyone could see that's the way!  Seriously though Dr Shiva is the only one who is qualified to run a massive nation state such as the US. Four degrees from MIT with one in systems sciences, one in biological engineering and a desire to teach the masses how to create a grounds up movement. The best thing since Malcolm X.

Edited by siLLy puPPy - October 05 2023 at 08:44

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 08:36
Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

Any form of government will work if it contains a moral populace.  The leader will have some affect but not as much as you may think.  You can have a dictatorship under Budha, or Krishna or Christ or any noble person you can think of, if majority of the people are highly immoral it will fail.

Democracy and capitalism can be a beautiful thing under the right circumstances.  I see a lot of folks praising democracy but not understanding what that really means. Or willing to give it up temporarily due to fear.

Leadership has 2 main qualities.  A good leader will try to unite, not divide. During a crisis a good leader will try to calm and deescalate the situation, not instill fear and make it worse.  Open and Honest communication is also highly desired in a good leader.

A tyrant’s strategy is to divide and conquer, and instilling fear is his greatest weapon.

Who wielded that weapon better, Trump or Biden?  Neither really mattered as the overall vibration of the people spits out its leaders.  Change of heart elevates vibration, which in turn will produce an honorable leader.

You've hit the nail on the head a few times and once again your hammer has struck!
Indeed all the problems we encounter are due to the degradation of human morality.
Sorta like Lord of the Rings. Men are too weak to wield the ring of power and fall to greed.
I disagree that you can have a dictatorship under spiritual leaders.
Freewill seems to be a major component of the universe and forges a sort of spiritual contracting system.
The role of a spiritual leader is to convince others to volunteer their will to their cause.
Unfortunately most modern spiritual leaders have fallen to darkness and no Frodo in sight.

suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 10:50
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Although I wouldn't use the label of Uni-Party, I think I see what you mean and in some way it is very similar here in France. The traditionally dominating (two) parties are very much divided (the traditional ping-pong games between them, but also the divisions within each of the parties), but they find common ground in their common interests: staying in power/keeping one's seat in Parliament. Many of those elected delegates seem to be more interested in keeping their position than in serving the public interest.
However, at least in several countries here in Europe, this has led to a loss of dominance of the traditional ruling parties, in favor - often, and in my opinion unfortunately - of populist parties. In a way, those populist parties denounce an outdated mode of governance of the traditional ruling parties, and rightly so, but they generally propose in exchange a rather undemocratic alternative. In the mean time several corruption cases have undermined the credibility of those new or upcoming political movements, which has undermined even more the eventual confidence the population could have in their political representatives.

Nevertheless, I think we need this kind of representative democracies to govern our countries; it still seems to me better than autocracies or dictatorship. The good thing of our modern times is that things get more and more transparent and corruption easier to detect. It is now our - us citizen's - task to fight against idiocy...

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 08:04
Republicans that are damning US aid to Ukraine are swearing US support of arms for Israel now. How will this work out from the two faced crowd?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2024 at 11:22
Ah, the Republican attitude towards Democracy...
Originally posted by <a href=https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/09/roger-stone-eric-swalwell-jerry-nadler-die-mediate target=_blank rel=nofollow>The Guardian</a> The Guardian wrote:

The Republican operative and close Donald Trump ally Roger Stone reportedly told an associate one of two prominent Democratic congressmen “ha[d] to die before the election” in 2020.

“It’s time to do it,” Stone said, according to Mediaite, which cited a recording the outlet reported was made at a Florida restaurant.

“Let’s go find Swalwell. It’s time to do it. Then we’ll see how brave the rest of them are. It’s time to do it. It’s either Nadler or Swalwell has to die before the election. They need to get the message. Let’s go find Swalwell and get this over with. I’m just not putting up with this sh*t any more.”

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2024 at 14:57
It's interesting that every Trump supporter I knew, though not many, have all quietly moved away or stopped coming around.   But that's the Right Wing for you-- try to destroy Democracy and when that doesn't work... Run Away! Run Away!

Republicans are cowards. Criminals. Traitors.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2024 at 11:40
The GOP Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson told CNN at the House GOP retreat in West Virginia last week. “I am vehemently opposed to member-on-member action in primaries because it’s not productive.

I wonder if his son got an alert on his phone over this. Evil SmileLOL
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>