Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes - Mirror to the Sky (New Album)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2023 at 19:08
Originally posted by mellotronwave mellotronwave wrote:

Originally posted by Stressed Cheese Stressed Cheese wrote:

It's always surreal to see a band go on for so long that there are more albums that nobody will remember than albums from their classic period. And I think Yes are pretty much reaching that threshold. If people are still willing to buy/listen, all the more power to them (hell, I'm not trying to be a hater), but it always makes me wonder how they see their own history, seeing as they have like 10-15 years of prime Yes and then like 40 years of albums that nobody really cares about.

Also, I was going to comment on how it's kind of funny how they just have the most typical, expected Roger Dean covers for their albums these days, but this one does look pretty damn nice, not gonna lie.

When I want to listen to a new and good Yes' album, I buy a Glashammer' CD

That actually quite ironic considering that the recent Glass Hammer trilogy of albums sound nothing like Yes (mostly). However go back to If (released over ten years ago) and you do find a version of Yes lurking about. I guess that album was the reason Howe, Squire and co saw Davison as a potential good fit for the job of lead singer.

Edited by richardh - May 08 2023 at 19:10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345