Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What the H3ll was that all about??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2023 at 20:05
is this the beginning of the end?  The last couple of days I can't get into the database more often than not.  It just times out  I gather the platform is in need of a major upgrade which might not happen

Edited by kenethlevine - November 11 2023 at 20:06
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2023 at 14:50
I've been getting a lot of "524" timeout error codes today. It's keeping me from updating my personal files of albums/groups/purchases which I've let slide for a couple of months.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 10:06
Have I been so naughty to get all these timeouts? Seems to happen more often.

Anything users can do, or is this the future of PA?
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 11:09
For the last few days I've struggled with this site. It's a shame as it seems to be fine then it suddenly times out and lasts a quite a while too - up to an hour.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 11:11
I‘d love to know what hardware the site runs on and how many page visits there are per day 😊
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 13:57
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I notified Max when all 3 of his sites went down. He had everything back up in about an hour.

Hi John, since you seem to be able to contact Max easily, can you do it one more time ?

The main site is down since 2-3 days and I just can't do my work. Cry
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 15:27
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

I notified Max when all 3 of his sites went down. He had everything back up in about an hour.

Hi John, since you seem to be able to contact Max easily, can you do it one more time ?

I'm not sure what you mean about the site being down. I've been on here several times in the last couple days.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:18
I am monitoring the page availability on a continuous basis, and for the last couple of days the pages (releases, artists) were usually timing out, where only occasionally a page would load at all. Of course this could be different in other geographical regions, depending on how the servers are set up.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:21
 ^^ I think he means he can't access his Reviewer Page.  I haven't been able to either.

Edited by Atavachron - November 13 2023 at 16:21
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:24
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^^ I think he means he can't access his Reviewer Page.  I haven't been able to either.

Okay, I will tell Max that some people can not access their reviewer page. I will send that tonight after work.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:38
getting into the reviews database in general is a crapshoot, one that is tipped heavily in the house's favour  :)
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:41
These last few months have been really sketchy on even just trying to access the homepage for me.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 17:29
I seem to be able to access the forums fine, but I'm having the same issues with the rest of the site. The homepage loads on rare occasions and I have not been able to access the charts in over a week. I somehow managed to get more than one artist page to load today.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 18:00

Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean about the site being down. I've been on here several times in the last couple days.
I mean that nothing works, except this forum. The main site, the admin panel, discography, etc. It's a real bummer. "A timeout occurred", "Error code 524" everywhere...

Sometimes it works for a few seconds, then it's blackout again.

Thanks for your help!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 18:19
^ I just sent him a message, we'll see what happens.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 00:31
Wow, logged in this morning and saw that for the first time ever, both the main PA website and the forum are now being served via HTTPS. Nice! Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 05:39
In fact, M@x has apparently installed some anti-crawling techniques which prevent any access to the website for "non-human" visitors. Which has kept me busy adjusting how I monitor the content Evil Smile
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 13:06
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

Wow, logged in this morning and saw that for the first time ever, both the main PA website and the forum are now being served via HTTPS. Nice! Clap
Saw that as well. She seems to be purring like a kitten, at least for now.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 13:40
Yeah seems to be much faster touch wood.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 15:06
I've had another timeout on the https site.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>