Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What the H3ll was that all about??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 01:51
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ It's the right spelling... in French! Wink

Uhhh, no. It isn't a French company. And Francophones use the original spelling - Google.

Gougueule sucks Thumbs Downand merits no respect as the first letter of the GAFA's. 

And yes, it's pun on its name (something like fùckface or thevequivalent fessebouc - goat's arse - for FB)

And à-m(l)a-zone is for the other dickhead's creation.

I could go on , but what's the point? TongueWink
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 02:16
That's totally fine. I personally too have some companies I don't support and even hate. Like Apple or Rickenbacker.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 18:04
So one day i'm noticing everybody else had script attached to the end of their posts but i didn't.

Then all of a a sudden everybody else didn't and then i did.

Also my return button doesn't seem to always function on this site only.

WTF? LOL

The(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'832954512dd7943e',t:'MTcwMjA4MzgxNy4yNjEwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 18:22
^ I'll re-post what I posted earlier.

I had this injection of code into the text issue years ago, which in my case had to do with my security software. This is very common now here. One could try experimenting with clearing caches, different browsers, turning off and on add-ons.

What has worked for me is (when logged-in) to go to Member Control Panel (near top left of from screen), then click on Forum Preferences, then I clicked on the "No" option for Enable the WYSIWYG post editor before updating the profile.

That does mean that you have to manually tag urls to make them hyperlinks and manually tag videos to embed them (and manually tags colours), and you don't export rich text when pasting etc. but I have been fine with that.

If people have issues with adding vids, colours, urls, I can help. But if you find posts with those, it will show the code and technique anyway to tag it manually. I only enable the WYSIWYG post editor when I want to copy and paste to export the rich text/ format. I have long preferred to usually keep it disabled for my forum settings.

I've been tempted to disable the WYSIWYG post editor for the whole forum, but amny like it and it can be used with no problem with the right browser, settings, add-ons disabled...

Edited by Logan - December 08 2023 at 18:26
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 19:12
^ Well, for your info, I don't have any issue right now. I can post anything from my Windows 10 PC with Google Chrome, or my iPad with Safari, without any problem.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 19:23
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^ I'll re-post what I posted earlier.

I had this injection of code into the text issue years ago, which in my case had to do with my security software. This is very common now here. One could try experimenting with clearing caches, different browsers, turning off and on add-ons.

What has worked for me is (when logged-in) to go to Member Control Panel (near top left of from screen), then click on Forum Preferences, then I clicked on the "No" option for Enable the WYSIWYG post editor before updating the profile.

That does mean that you have to manually tag urls to make them hyperlinks and manually tag videos to embed them (and manually tags colours), and you don't export rich text when pasting etc. but I have been fine with that.

If people have issues with adding vids, colours, urls, I can help. But if you find posts with those, it will show the code and technique anyway to tag it manually. I only enable the WYSIWYG post editor when I want to copy and paste to export the rich text/ format. I have long preferred to usually keep it disabled for my forum settings.

I've been tempted to disable the WYSIWYG post editor for the whole forum, but amny like it and it can be used with no problem with the right browser, settings, add-ons disabled...

No idea why it just started all of a sudden. I changed nothing.

I just did what you suggested so let's see if it works. Fingers crossed

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 19:23
^ YAY! Great detective work, Logan!

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 19:24
^ No problem. :)

^^ I often use Safari and never had any problems with it as I recall. I have had issues on my PC laptop. That was related to my firewall settings, add-ons, browser settings... I prefer to have that editor disabled even if there are no problems.

Edited by Logan - December 08 2023 at 19:26
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 21:51
^ now that i'm trying to make a bold word or two, that's a big pain in the behind!

Why would it just start adding text to my posts?

I did nothing new. No downloads or updates or anything.

Was it something on the site's maintenance perhaps?

What a friggin hassle. I think i like the script better :D

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 21:56
Deal with it WORLD !!!
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'832aa555ae4bce8c',t:'MTcwMjA5NzYyMS40ODIwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1"> (function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'832aa5ae597b67d1',t:'MTcwMjA5NzYzNS43MDUwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 22:11
^^ Site updates are making it happen to lots of people depending on browser, add-ons and settings, but I had similar issues years ago. And for me manually putting for instance, without spaces, [ b]...[ /b] to bold text is not a hassle. The injected code can make threads kind of annoying to read through.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 23:24
If it helps, here is some of the BB code. Remove spaces from tags to make it work, and by quoting this post you can see the code for where I used it:

[ b] Bolded sample text [ /b] to Bolded sample text
[ i] Italicised sample text [ /i] to Italicised sample text
[ u] Underlined text [ /u] to Underlined text

[color = red] Red text [ /color] to Red Text
[color = green] Green text [ /color] to Green text
[color= blue] Blue text [ /color] to Blue text

[size = 1] Small text [ /size] to Small text
[size = 3] Medium text [ /size] to Medium text

To combine various codes:

[ b] [ i] [ u] [color = red] [size = 1]This combines BB codes but is broken by spaces [ /b] [ /i] [ /u] [ / color] [ /size]
to
This combines BB codes and is unbroken

EDIT: and for images, youtube embeds, hyperlinks and hypertext links.

[ img]https://recordsale.de/570/570/spinal-tap-break-like-the-wind.jpg [/img]
to

And [url ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOxgwF9LlM [/ url]
to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOxgwF9LlM

[url= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOxgwF9LlM]the darning of the sock[ /url]
to
the darning of the sock

[ tube]RsOxgwF9LlM [ /tube]
to

Note: as some have issues with emdding youtube videos, you just use the ID (letters/numbers) after v=

So manual tagging with BB code is easy once you get used to it.

Edited by Logan - December 09 2023 at 00:08
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 00:58
Actually, to tell you the truth, even with the WYSIWYG editor turned on I would manually type in the BBCode tags most of the time, so the switch to the basic post input doesn't bother me at all.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 01:57
On a side note, have you also noticed that RYM has been particularly slow to open pages for the last week or so?? 
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 02:25
Isn't there supposed to be a Spinal Tap II ?   
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 07:51
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Apparently. My son read something about it a couple of days ago.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 09:58
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

YESSS! Coming in 2024. Hope it's good but after all this time can't get my hopes up too high.

YES(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'832eca33cacf5c21',t:'MTcwMjE0MTA3NC42MDkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 10:12
I hope the new Spinal Tap film will focus on a new band and not the original Spinal Tap guys in wigs still pretending to be young. xD

EDIT:

On the other hand this might be an opportunity to ridicule those aging rock stars trying to fit into the modern era, like Roger Waters and so on.

Edited by Hrychu - December 09 2023 at 10:16
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 10:18
^  i read that Rob Reiner was determined to make this flick stand on its own and now just rehash the glories of the past so mocking aging rockers (like the Rolling Stones) would be a great focus. Considering he clearly stated that he didn't want to rush this movie until something organically developed that would warrant its existence, i'm actually cautiously optimistic that it won't be a total waste of time!

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'832ee5711a55f98f',t:'MTcwMjE0MjE5MC4zMzAwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">
(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'832ee8e5cc0a1601',t:'MTcwMjE0MjMzMS44ODYwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Edited by siLLy puPPy - December 09 2023 at 10:19

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2023 at 18:55
Spinal Tap 11 (as in "it goes to eleven"),

or Spinal Tap Mark 2: Our New Direction    

?
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>