FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Democracy is Teetering"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 21>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 07:50
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

^ Well, not all conspiracy theories are crazy - that makes it so hard to talk about the topic. Even the crazy ones usually have a (small) kernel of truth within them.

Surely. I give at least a grain of possibility to even the craziest sounding conspiracy theory. Yet, "believing in" is a different thing. I don't believe in anything without absolute proof or unless I experience/observe that myself.
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:04
^ There is no such thing as "absolute proof" - like many atheists say: Even if God were to appear to them and say "I exist", they would still rather see that as a hallucination rather than as proof for a supernatural entity.

But of course in real life we are experiencing things, giving us varying degrees of certainty of what is (most likely) true and what isn't. The theory of gravity is a good example - can be verified by everyone through simple experiments. General relativity is only slightly more difficult - but anyone who has a mobile phone with GPS is implicitly verifying it every day. No such experiments are possible with Orgone energy, for example, despite there being expensive gadgets available (with patents protecting the designs).

LOL Heck, some of these devices look really cool.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:07
This one takes the cake for me: Reasonably priced at around $4000, essentially a good looking bowl-shaped resin block with gold power colored concentric rings. It's interesting to read through the 200+ reviews ...

Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:10
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

^ There is no such thing as "absolute proof"

Oh really?..

Somebody says that my village is destroyed.

I called many villagers and learned that it didn't happen.

Not a proof? Right. There can be a conspiracy. Someone might have channeled ther phone lines and mimicked their voices via AI.

Then, I called my grandfather and asked some questions which only he could know.

That's proof for me!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:17
^ It's just a habit for proper scientists to reject the notion of "absolute proof" - but of course for practical purposes the scenario you describe surely constitutes such a high degree of certainty that you could call it "absolute". 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:30
This is also pure gold:
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/indiegogo-flanagan-neurophone-crowdfunding/

Science or pseudoscience? Decide for yourself ... original US patent described here: https://patents.google.com/patent/US3393279A/en

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:40
^ just some words of wisdom. You think that "debunked" means validated? It simply means someone doesn't like the info presented.

So you watch one video from some paid shill and weigh that against the decades of research that went into a technology and call that legit? Oh my friggin GAWD!!! You're so desperate grasping straws to prove you're some kind of intellect it's really quite amusing.

BTW if you spent even half as much time making your own website interesting rather than trying to look like you know what you're talking about here, then perhaps people would actually want to use it!

Isn't it time to for a name change again? You know another one that nobody will remember?

LOL

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'869fa1a19907171e',t:'MTcxMTM3NzM2Ny4zNjUwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:42
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ just some words of wisdom. You think that "debunked" means validated? It simply means someone doesn't like the info presented.

So you watch one video from some paid shill and weigh that against the decades of research that went into a technology and call that legit? Oh my friggin GAWD!!! You're so desperate grasping straws to prove you're some kind of intellect it's really quite amusing.

BTW if you spent even half as much time making your own website interesting rather than trying to look like you know what you're talking about here, then perhaps people would actually want to use it!

Isn't it time to for a name change again? You know another one that nobody will remember?

LOL

What a butthole. I rest my case. What's next, you'll fly to Sweden and defecate on my doorsteps? 

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - March 25 2024 at 08:43
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:44
^ just have the gonads to say what everyone else says behind your back.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'869fac842b9ece6c',t:'MTcxMTM3NzgxMy4xOTkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:45
^ Any other insults? You know, they really bolster your case.Beer
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:46

So what do you think: Does the neurophone work? 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:50
^ my case is i just don't care anything about your opinion. You've proven yourself to be incompetent in complex topics. I'm simply dropping a truth bomb in hopes you can catch a non-subtle hint. But even the most blatant hints seem to elude you. There's a difference between an insult and the truth. A wise webmaster would conclude that... yeah! perhaps that's a good point. I can't seem to attract a larger audience because.... a defensive narcissist takes it personally as an attack. It's all perception. Oh wait! Perception cannot be validated by the scientific method therefore it has been debunked as a pseudoscience!!! LOL

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'869fb61b1dbd1643',t:'MTcxMTM3ODIwNi4wMjUwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:54
^ Sure, any wise webmaster would take the word of silly puppy as gospel.

Thanks for showing your true colors. You're still welcome to use my website, but on a personal level ... *censored*. LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 08:58

Look, even if was true that my website sucks, in the context of this thread this is a personal attack (an argument ad hominem), since it has nothing to do with the topic we were discussing. Would you concede that?

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - March 25 2024 at 09:24
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2024 at 02:25
Take that as a yes LOL
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2024 at 20:05
The problem with conspiracy theorists IMHO is that they think that it is possible to know everything.

This of course is empirically impossible.

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2024 at 21:47
Originally posted by Hugh Manatee Hugh Manatee wrote:

The problem with conspiracy theorists IMHO is that they think that it is possible to know everything.

^
Is that your conspiracy theory about what goes on in the minds of conspiracy theorists?Wink

Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2024 at 21:57
Theory perhaps, conspiracy perhaps not.

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2024 at 04:31

Yeah. They think that everything can be unearthed as in TV shows.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2024 at 06:25
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

Yeah. They think that everything can be unearthed as in TV shows.

Hi,

A part was missed in that statement ... "Complete with commercials!"
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 21>