Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - These students are antisemitic. Plain and simple.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThese students are antisemitic. Plain and simple.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: These students are antisemitic. Plain and simple.
    Posted: April 26 2024 at 17:18
The so-called "Pro-Palestine" protests on the campuses of Elite American universities are driven by antisemitic rhetoric, and nothing else. These far-left extremists don't understand what they're "protesting" and their motivation is driven entirely but their desire to fit-in with "like-minded" people. The mentality that goes into this is essentially a bully complex and these so-called "students" are selfishly interrupting classes and disrupting everyone else's education to protect their own insecurities, some of whom are, you know, actually serious about their studies. Shame on every single one of them - what f**king they nerve they have to ruin everybody else's education and waste their time, money, and energy. They should be immediately expelled, and the violent ones put on a federal watchlist. If I were in charge of Columbia, I'd have called the National Guard by now.

Shame on the media companies for using this as an opportunity to push their own false narrative - "Peaceful Protests" my f**king ass. Jewish students are literally being targeted on campus, those who have no interest or toes to Israel. Being shoured at "Go back to Poland!," "f**k you Yehudis!," etc. Physically attacked by mobs of students who have literally been indoctrinated by a terrorist organization. "We are Hamas!," they shout. These victims have been hospitalized for Jewish and literally just being on campus. This is not about the Palestinians. This is straight up antisemitism. They couldn't give a flying f**k about the Palestinian people. These students are selfish and only care what their radicalized peers think of them. How are they block Jewish students from entering certain buildings. That's literally what the Nazis did in the 1930s. That's not "tolerance," as they like to claim it is. And how is painted in the headlines? Universities shut down peaceful protestors and oppress their free speech?

No! They're protecting the safety of Jewish students. The conduct of these "protestors" is unacceptable in 2024. Intolerable. And what I'm most outraged about. The so-called "leader" of the Columbia protests. "Zionists do not deserve to live... I fight to kill." He said. Directly to the administration of the university. He literally threatened death to the majority of the world's Jewish population. I expect this when Hamas has literally infiltrated our American school campuses abs spread radical propaganda. But the fact that he got away with it, with literally no consequences pisses me the f**k off. He needs to be expelled with his earned credits revoked, banned from campus, and put on a federal watchlist. He has endangered the lives of Jews not just in the Columbia campus, but all over the world. If he assaults it kills someone, it's premeditated at this point. There's no "self-defense" case. He claims every zionist deserves to die for their beliefs. That is HATE speech, which is NOT protected by the first amendment as what he said threatens the first amendment.

I can't f**king tolerate this and I won't accept it. I'm meeting with my local congressman and demanding something be done to end shut down these antisemitic rallies and hold the universities accountable for the the safety and inclusivity of their Jewish students. I'm also permanently relocating to Israel where I'm guaranteed safety because obviously American authorities don't give a flying f**k.

I'm so done with this and I really don't give a sh*t about anything else anymore. Ban me got this rent if you want. I don't care.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2024 at 17:40
I feel your frustration, but who is going to guarantee your safety in Israel?
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2024 at 18:19
Originally posted by bardberic bardberic wrote:

"Go back to Poland!,"
I wouldn't take it as an insult. Poland is a crappy third world country, but rn compared to what's going on in Israel, it's really chill over here. 🤣

Just kidding in case you can't tell. ;)

Edited by Hrychu - April 26 2024 at 18:21
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Zappastolethetowels View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2024 at 20:04
^ I would, being part jewish. It's not about where Poland is on the international stage, it's hateful rhetoric because Poland was the safe-haven for European jews before being attacked by the Nazis. I get you were joking...

Never mind these fake self-victimizers who hold Palestinian flags, chants of "we love anti-fada and Hamas" & whatever from actual Palestinians is sickening and has no place on college campuses! Imagine literally escalating to the point of forcing our local buddy to emigrate to Israel, where he feels safe. American democracy my a**. 

It's plain and simple, under Hamas leadership there is no two-state solution merely because Palestine will not accept it unless they can terrorize or wipe Israel off the map. Israel retaliate and commit 'genocide'. Go figure

Stay well, my friend!
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2024 at 20:21
^ Standing up for yourself can mean losing friends.   It's the price of courage in the face of ignorance.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2024 at 20:25
^ Well said
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 03:57

Netanyahu supported Hamas.  

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/why-netanyahu-bolstered-hamas/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/10/16/how-benjamin-netanyahu-empowered-hamas/

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/10/world/middleeast/israel-qatar-money-prop-up-hamas.html

Edited by omphaloskepsis - April 27 2024 at 04:00
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 04:20

I'm so done with this and I really don't give a sh*t about anything else anymore. Ban me got this rent if you want. I don't care.

You use a lot of words for someone pretending not giving a sh*t...

Adopting Netanyahu's rhetoric by making believe it is "plain and simple" doesn't make it that; it just shows your intolerance. It is that famous binary "if you're not with us, you're against us" logic that is at the core of the problem and both "sides" (and by that I mean Hamas vs Netanyahu and his government; not Israel vs Palestine) are guilty of oversimplification, because it serves their - extremist - ideologies.
Hamas has to be combated and condemned, just as Netanyahu and his genocidal government. A majority of Palestinians and Israelis want peace.

Now, to bring in some nuance that you are lacking, here are some interesting opinion pieces, starting with some words from a couple of students involved (which doesn't mean that some students aren't antisemitic, it just shows that it is not valid for all "these" students):

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 06:16
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

You use a lot of words for someone pretending not giving a sh*t...

Adopting Netanyahu's rhetoric by making believe it is "plain and simple" doesn't make it that; it just shows your intolerance. It is that famous binary "if you're not with us, you're against us" logic that is at the core of the problem and both "sides" (and by that I mean Hamas vs Netanyahu and his government; not Israel vs Palestine) are guilty of oversimplification, because it serves their - extremist - ideologies.
Hamas has to be combated and condemned, just as Netanyahu and his genocidal government. A majority of Palestinians and Israelis want peace.

Now, to bring in some nuance that you are lacking, here are some interesting opinion pieces, starting with some words from a couple of students involved (which doesn't mean that some students aren't antisemitic, it just shows that it is not valid for all "these" students):

suitkees, you have made some very important points...I have a Jewish friend who states over and over (and rightly so) that to be against the genocide in Gaza doesn't mean one is anti-semitic (and as far as anti-semitism, she knows whereof she speaks-her father as a young child narrowly escaped the Nazis during WW2!)
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 17:19
I like Bernie Sanders Take on this matter, and I am no fan of Bernies.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 17:39
It's not possible for Palestineans to be anit-Semitic because they ARE Semitic.

Semitic refers to a language family that includes Arabic, Hebrew, Amharic, Maltese, Akkadian etc

The term has been corrupted to mean anti-Jewish but if you look up the word Semitic is has nothing to do with Judaism.

Adding the prefix anti- to any word NEVER changes its meaning in English therefore this term in reference to Judaism is nothing but a media corruption

The correct terminology when it comes to these issues is anti-Zionism because Zionism is an ideology that most self-identifying Jews do not espouse.

You do not have to be Jewish to be a Zionist as evidenced by the leaders of the world

If the public is so easily swayed by such terminological distortions then it's little wonder they keep spinning their wheels regarding these issues

Calling someone anti-Semitic for not supporting an illegal (by UN and international law) occupation is a gross b*****dization of the term

In linguistic terms anti-Semitic refers to hatred towards ANY Semitic language speaking peoples which Arabs and Palestinians are very much a part of

Linguists and scholars do not use this term as the media has brainwashed everyone else to use

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'87b2a89cbe9316a6',t:'MTcxNDI2MTIzNy4zNzEwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Edited by siLLy puPPy - April 27 2024 at 17:41

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 17:51
Anti-Zionism ≠ Antisemitism 

Calling students protesting (including a lot of Jewish ones) the ongoing genocide in Gaza out as bigots and cheering on the police brutality against said protesters is what fascists do. Full stop. 

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 18:39
^ I'd tend to agree-- you can be against a pro-Hamas stance and also support the right to protest.   In the same way one may've been against communist regimes but also strongly against the obvious stupidity of the Vietnam war.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 19:29
In response to siLLy_puPPy, definitions evolve over time. Today, the term antisemitism is defined as the hostility, prejudice, and discrimination of Jews. The origins don't matter. You can look it up. Wikipedia or any dictionary.

The original point of the protests were to demand divestment of university funding from Israel and Israeli related entities as well as from military. In that sense, you can say the protesters are anti-Zionists. The protests are similar in nature to the anti-apartheid protests in the 80s that demanded the divestiture from South Africa. That was during my time in college.

Are there individuals who are antisemitic among those protestors? Most likely. Have there been hateful things said? Yes.

Pro Palestine is not equivalent to supporting Hamas or being antisemetic.

It would be simple if all the protestors were anti-semetic and violent in order to justify police crackdowns, but that isn't the case. And when you start using police action as being preemptive action, then you begin to infringe on personal freedoms and encroach on authoritarianism.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 19:40
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 19:50
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

In response to siLLy_puPPy, definitions evolve over time. Today, the term antisemitism is defined as the hostility, prejudice, and discrimination of Jews. The origins don't matter. You can look it up. Wikipedia or any dictionary.

This term didn't evolve. It was propagated through PR campaigns. Regardless, there is no agreed upon meaning of Jew for that matter. Jew refers to a member of a religion. In that regard many do not acknowledge Jews as a distinct ethnicity. The term antisemitism was created to deflect the difference between members of Judaism and those who espouse Zionist supremacy.

Many of us do not use a faux word like antisemitism as it is a psychological trigger for a non sequitur. Believe it or not intelligence agencies like the CIA have created such words to steer the public into swallowing a certain desired agenda.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'87b3cd34b97d9651',t:'MTcxNDI3MzIyMi4wMDkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Edited by siLLy puPPy - April 27 2024 at 21:00

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 20:51
Perhaps the students hate genocides.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 23:01
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

[QUOTE=mathman0806]In response to siLLy_puPPy, definitions evolve over time. Today, the term antisemitism is defined as the hostility, prejudice, and discrimination of Jews. The origins don't matter. You can look it up. Wikipedia or any dictionary.

This term didn't evolve. It was propagated through PR campaigns. Regardless, there is no agreed upon meaning of Jew for that matter. Jew refers to a member of a religion. In that regard many do not acknowledge Jews as a distinct ethnicity. The term antisemitism was created to deflect the difference between members of Judaism and those who espouse Zionist supremacy.

Many of us do not use a faux word like antisemitism as it is a psychological trigger for a non sequitur. Believe it or not intelligence agencies like the CIA have created such words to steer the public into swallowing a certain desired agenda.

I don't know anything about the history of the term anti-semitism or its usage. I thought the common definition of jew meant "person of said faith", not some ethnic group. I don't like the concept of "espoused Zionist supremacy" because it's not what's playing out in front of us today, and also your claim that the term was used to give those righteous people more power. That is nonsense. Anti-semitism is not ok, period! When it suits your narrative, you don't get to choose to segregate one sector of people (whose conduct you may less approve of) more than the other. I am talking civilians ofc, not people in office.

I feel anti-semitism is not used enough, because if college campuses took the extremity of the situation into their own hands, you would not be seeing so much of these 'peaceful protests' ending in more jewish students and professors being subjugated to hate crimes and harassment (even physical violence). If the CIA sent one message, it's "anti-semitism is ok, so more of this belittlement of innocent people (who have nothing to do with the war or even Jewish faith) will indirectly restrain Israeli retaliation to Hamas. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2024 at 06:08
^ you need to study your history for it to make sense

Start with the founding of Zionism by Theodor Herzl in 1897

And then learn about how Israel was created as a strategic military output in the Middle East for the British Crown

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'87b6eb238d119692',t:'MTcxNDMwNTkwNS4zMDYwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2024 at 07:48
Israel was not created as a strategic military outpost (I assume this is the word you wanted to use as opposed to output, which makes even less sense) in the Middle East for the British Crown.

I have never read such rubbish.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>