Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPink Floyd AND ROGER to reform?!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink Floyd AND ROGER to reform?!!!
    Posted: October 09 2004 at 19:12
thats right!

it will be 20 years since roger left officially in 2005. And it will be 30 years since wish you were here was released.

if you get the november 2004 issue of Q (uk only i think), there is an article saying that pink floyd are discussing reforming and doing a tour to support the special edition release of WYWH or something. WOW!
The Worthless Recluse
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 19:12
they are expected to make $100 million or something stupid like that on this tour.
The Worthless Recluse
gdub411 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 19:21

Just wait...Roger and Dave will bicker about something and the whole darn thing will be canceled...there are some constants in the world and this is one of them...sorry if I have no faith.

penguindf12 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 19:55

Nifty! I'll check on google.com to see if it's under "news"

frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 20:09

Quote Just wait...Roger and Dave will bicker about something and the whole darn thing will be canceled...there are some constants in the world and this is one of them...sorry if I have no faith.

too true. somehow i have faith this time. Apparently they have resolved a lot of their differences this time. i dont think they should go back into the studio tho.

let sleeping dogs lie...

The Worthless Recluse
maani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 21:00

All:

Actually, the official story is as follows.

In Fall 2005, "The Wall" will open on Broadway as a full-length musical.  This required that Waters and Gilmour "play nicely in the sandbox" so that all the legal and financial details could be worked out.  In having to "act nicely," Waters and Gilmour have "agreed to disagree" for the first time.  And while there still seems to be little love lost between them, they are talking (and apparently not solely through lawyers) for the first time as a result of the launching of "The Wall on Broadway."

In this regard, it was actually Gilmour who made an overture (no pun intended) to Waters about a "reunion" - which would basically amount to Waters going on tour with Floyd, if not worldwide then at least in major cities.

If - and it is still a big if - this tour is worked out, the tour itself would not start until after the opening of "The Wall on Broadway" - i.e., in 2006.  So, at the very earliest, Pink Floyd (with Roger Waters) would undertake a world tour in Spring or Summer of 2006.

I'll keep you informed of any further details I learn.  Oh, and how do I know all this?  All I can tell you is that I have an "in" on Gilmour's doings...

Peace.

Lunarscape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 00:15

Thanks maani, I do believe that tis time its not only "Wishful Thinking" from the fans, or just mere speculations. Some facts has to be taken in consideration; Many scars from the grim Waters departure after The Wall was finished could have healed now (others wont !) The (mis)management of "The Final Cut" and the battle in courts until 1989 about the "brand-name" Pink Floyd. These are just facts we know. ! Now due to the huge sucess of "In The Flesh" tour and DVD sales, it can only be right that both Waters and Gilmore sit and talk again, as they did in the "The Dark Side Of The Moon" (making of) DVD. Music deserves the return of Roger Waters with the ones that made them all rich and famous. Just one question; How does Richar Wright react to this !

________

Lunar 

Music Is The Soul Bird That Flies In The Immense Heart Of The Listener . . .
penguindf12 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 00:26
Originally posted by maani maani wrote:

I'll keep you informed of any further details I learn.  Oh, and how do I know all this?  All I can tell you is that I have an "in" on Gilmour's doings...

An "in"? Elaborate, maani!

threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 00:44

Sorry Maani, but according to Guy Pratt (PF's current bassist and Rick Wright's son-in-law)... Pink Floyd will never play together as a band again.  He told this to reporters last week at the opening of Storm Thorgenson's art exhibit in London which he attended with Nick Mason and Rick Wright.

Also Roger is scheduled to do a solo tour in 2006 of his own, which already has PP Arnold booked, from what I understand. This Roger stated recently on his interview with Q104.3 here in NYC.

So I more than anyone would love if this was true.. however, I just can't see it happening.

THIS IS ELP
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 14:25

The Eagles of course said the same thing ("Never again"), hence the "Hell freezes over" title for their tour. Time is indeed a great healer, and money an even greater incentive!

Thanks for the info Maani, we'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen though.

benny bouncer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 17:27
I hope they do get back together....I want to see ELP, Yes & Pink Floyd before these guys give up for good.....except the best of them all (ELP) is doubtful, dont think they will tour again but if they do.....WOO HOO
maani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 17:30

All:

Re threefates' comment, don't forget that people have a vested interest in "misdirection" when large things are at stake.  All the denying in the world does not make it so...And dont' forget the old saw: "Never say never..."  There is more than a ring of truth to it...

Ultimately, Easy Livin is correct re money: it is the most critical incentive for almost anything - including burying hatchets and expediting legal details.  True, Pink Floyd does not need Waters) to make money (a lot of money) touring.  But the added "cachet" can easily drive the ticket price up, and people will pay it - gladly.  Thus, if Gilmour feels that having Waters join them for various dates (despite Waters' solo tour) will turn a $100 million tour into a $150 million tour - and if Waters gets a piece of that - you can bet that a "reunion" of sorts will occur - even if Waters and Gilmour have to "hold their noses" in order to appear on the same stage.

Peace.

Edited by maani
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 18:19
There's a comment in one of todays papers by Rick Wright saying they may reunite for a special event like a charity concert.He also added though that Spinal Tap have made it more difficult for bands to reform!
gdub411 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 19:43
While I was too young to see them in the 70's and would have greatly desired to I have no interest in seeing them nowadays. I know I'll get slammed for this , but watching someone who I used to worship attempt to play when they are way past their prime is just too depressing
Vegetableman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 21:30
Roger and the Floyd will NEVER get back together again. There is not a single chance that that will happen. While there is a chance that the other three may get back together, it is extremely slim, and is not worth hoping for.
"Mister Fripp, your music is quite different than everything else out there. In one word, how would you describe it?"

"Progressive.... yeah, that's it..."
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 01:47

I'd rather see the 3.. than with Roger.  Personally as long as David is playing guitar.. I don't care who else is there...

And Greg.. i have a video of David playing and singing last week at Wembley.. there is no way that he is past his prime!!

THIS IS ELP
Disonant1 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 01:59
There will never be a prime for David to pass...Personally, as long as both
David and Roger keep playing music for the masses, that's fine by me.
Yes, it would be awesome to see them perform live again, but we all know
that the love wouldn't be there. I'd rather see them perform with their
hearts fully into it then to be pretending for the holy dollar. Yeah, well, I
guess we'll see what happens,eh?
One of the Girls Who Rock Prog!
sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 11:50

Man, I would LOVE it they got back together.

There's always hope.

I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 11:52

Is it too late to insert the word 'if' into that last post?

My typing skills are not what they used to be

I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 13:23

I got the following attachmentl today from the PF website "Fleeting Glimpse"

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/codswallop.htm

THIS IS ELP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>