Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed10CC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10CC
    Posted: October 30 2004 at 11:51
10 CC were, along with Supertramp, Manfred Mann's earthband and Roxy Music one of the leading band in the so-called "art-rock". I have 'Sheet music' and 'How dare you' by them and they sound prog to my ears. So, maybe it would be interesting to add them to the archives.
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 02:48

On some level it can be described as progmusic, and maybe it even is, although I never thought of 10CC as prog.

In the end m@x and the creators/collaborators of this site decide whether or not an artist or band is added to the list. there are numerous bands which in my opinion and in the opinion of others should be included.

I asume the choise for a band to be added to the archives is thoroughly considered and thought through.

I don't know how much work it takes to add a band, for even still there are lots of bands without description on the site already, and the site have to be maintained etc.

maybe there is a possibility to make it easier for "new" bands to be added to the site (if of course they truly belong on it) Maybe M@x and consorts can make a format for us, so we can do the forwork on our favourite bands which we would like to see on the site, like a biography, links to the band/artists official website, the released albums etc. and post that to the big guy who decides. so all they have to do on that matter is make the final decision whether to add the band to the list or not.

I saw a thread somewhere else in which the question "bands to be added to the list" was asked, maybe you should reply on that thread.

I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 12:02

Have to say that I've never considered 10cc's music to be Progressive Rock. I've always considered it to be Pop; excellent Pop, but Pop nonetheless. Good band.

Post Reply Post Reply