Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closeda true prog METAL album with HEAVY sound!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: a true prog METAL album with HEAVY sound!
    Posted: March 13 2006 at 18:42

MAN!

I've been waiting since the 80's to experience a TRUE power prog metal album with the powerful , BOTTOM and razor sound of the electric rhythmic guitar, that only Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, Whitesnake, Headpins, Accept and Van Halen were capable of! No bands, until now, were really able to produce a VERY rich, powerful, bottom,  loud and razor sound of the 80's. Superior came close, at least with their Behind album; but one thing is sure: Ark, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, Ayreon, Psychotic Waltz, Cynic, Pain of Salvation, Devin Townsend, Eternity X, Threshold, Sieges Even, Spastic Ink et al were not even close.....well, the goal of prog metal is not necessarily to have a perfect metal guitar sound, which is understandable.

On the other hand, there is a band who seem to really care about how powerful and clean their guitar will sound, and this band is CONCEPTION! I'm now into the "In your multitude" album, and let me tell you it is a real pleasure for the ears: just to rediscover the HUGE sound of the 80's! One must tell that the BASS really helps to enpower the already EXTREME rhythmic guitar! Now, for those who want to know what is power metal, then just listen VERY loud to the track "Solar Serpent": WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just hear all the powerful BOTTOM combo bass-guitar! UNBELIEVABLE!

This is what we CALL TRUE POWER METAL-oriented prog!Clap

Edited by greenback
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 19:01

ONE OF MY FAVOURITE EVER BANDS THAT DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE

THEY EVOLVED FROM ALBUM TO ALBUM

IMO THEY REACHED THEIR PEACK IN PARALLEL MINDS AND IN YOUR MULTITUDE

PARALLEL MINDS IS MY FAVOURITE THOUGH

THE OPENING RIFF OF THE OPENING TRACK JUST DRIVES ME CRAZY

Kamelot are not that good, but the voice is still here,,, and we also have Ark to listen to Ostby's riffs

greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 19:20
well, the BASS makes a HUGE effort to sustain the guitar! the bassist is locked to the rhythmic guitar so that he plays exactly in unison, with an extra amount of gain; but it is more complex than that: he has to find the right note in order to produce an almost resonant symbiotic arrangement: it won't work with another frequency;
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
decypher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 00:38
I hate power metal prog like Shadow Gallery, Symphony X or c-bands like Adiago, Conception, Winterhearts Guild, Blind Helloween and that other crap is called.... it's not progressive, it's not challenging, it's boring bullsh*t, Riot have pulled off those 3 songs better in the 80's on their Thundersteel and Privilege of Power albums.

Groups like Mercyful Fate, King Diamond and Spastic Ink always have been so far above that crap. It never was about double bass and stupid harmony f**k.

I'm drunk, sorry, more or less.

Edited by decypher
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 00:52
Originally posted by decypher decypher wrote:

I hate power metal prog like Shadow Gallery, Symphony X or c-bands like Adiago, Conception, Winterhearts Guild, Blind Helloween and that other crap is called.... it's not progressive, it's not challenging, it's boring bullsh*t, Riot have pulled off those 3 songs better in the 80's on their Thundersteel and Privilege of Power albums.

Groups like Mercyful Fate, King Diamond and Spastic Ink always have been so far above that crap. It never was about double bass and stupid harmony f**k.

hahahahha... have another drink  and then put a real prog album like Palepoli on ... and then share your thoughts..
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
decypher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 01:26
sounds italian....
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 07:04

Originally posted by greenback greenback wrote:

well, the BASS makes a HUGE effort to sustain the guitar! the bassist is locked to the rhythmic guitar so that he plays exactly in unison, with an extra amount of gain; but it is more complex than that: he has to find the right note in order to produce an almost resonant symbiotic arrangement: it won't work with another frequency;

I realised you are deeply enjoying the album... 

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 09:02

How about being a little more tolerant of other forum member's tastes?

stechell View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 09:19
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

How about being a little more tolerant of other forum member's tastes?

How about being a little more tolerant of other forum member's opinion??.......and understand he's drunk!!!!

greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 13:43

oh! maybe the sound is huge because they use a an 8-string bass? possible.

Edited by greenback
 Post Reply Post Reply