Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New album of Sensitive To Light (ex Saens
    Posted: September 20 2006 at 13:33
Great news !

I'll be among the audience during the other 2 sets, and I also will be selling CDs and Tshirts !

See you there !

Vynce
Vynce Leff
http://www.myspace.com/sensitivetolight
Visit us and hear some extracts of our new album "From The Ancient World" Release date : 31/03/2008
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 13:06
Friday I go to Paris for a short 3-day holiday so Saturday I will be there vynceleff at the progrock festival with Eclat, Quidam and Sensitive To Light, I hope to see you there!
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 12:10
Take your time. Smile

I'm confident it will reach 6/5 after some more listening WinkHeart, hehehehe !

I hope to meet you on the other side of the pond one of these days ! Just waiting for ROS or NEAR FEST for inviting us... Clown

For the moment, it's just great to play in some european festivals, like in Ville d'Avray and in Switzerland !

Cheers !

Vynce

Vynce Leff
Visit us and hear some extracts of our new album "From The Ancient World" Release date : 31/03/2008
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 11:52
I'll get around to reviewing it sooner or later. Embarrassed I'm thinking about 3.5/5 right now.
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 11:49
Hello !

The concert in Paris - Ville d'Avray is very soon now !

See you there !!!

Cool

Edited by vynceleff - September 20 2006 at 11:52
Vynce Leff
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 15:59
Good to hear that you like STL their new album, Stonebeard Thumbs Up !

Well, Vynceleff: Martin and the others (I jope Sean, Olivier, ..) are also in for a good beer and a nice chat (French prog ..LOL .. remember our Prog Archives Meeting in The Hague) so all elements for a perfect time are present Clap!
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 15:12
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

Ahh...finished listening to Almost Human. Smile I think the music is very good Vynce, with a bunch of different styles and themes. I'm not sure if I like Almost Human as much as Escaping from the Hands of God, but it is definitely excellent music. Jenny has an amazing voice, too. Thumbs Up

Thanks !

Very honestly, when I look back to all the music I made, Almost Human is my favorite one, then "Escaping", then "Prophet".

There are several reasons for that :

The first one is that Jenny's voice amazes me. It thrills me over and over, even though I know each voice inflexion on the album. Jenny really has the gift to be able to touch people's heart. My favorite vocal part is the first lines of Snow. Really, I can listen to it again and again and again. I tried several singers on that, and Jenny is the best.

The second one is that in "Escaping" and "Prophet", I wrote some music and lyrics about subjects that didn't touch me as much as Pinocchio. Pinocchio is a story that deeply moves me since my very childhood. Especially the relation between the fairy (Jenny) and the puppet.

So, even after having listened to Almost Human at least one thousand times, I continue listening to it with the same pleasure, which was not really the case with Escaping and Prophet.

But it's difficult to be objective on the music I make, isn't it ? Big smile

Time will tell...

Thanks again !

I hope we'll meet some day in the US !

Vynce

Edited by vynceleff - June 19 2006 at 15:13
Vynce Leff
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 15:03
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

The tickets are bought by Martin (Alucard) and I will arrange the Thalys, I intend to go to Paris on September 22th (arrival 1700 at Paris Nord) and I will leave September 24th at 1800. I am looking forward to this weekend, perfect opportunity to excercise Wink my French Martin will contact others (Sean, Olivier , ..) or they will join us this weekend.

Hey great ! It would have been a pleasure to meet you before the concert, but we play in Bordeaux the 22th... But if you have some time after our set or Quidam set, we can share some drinks Wink, hopefully with some PA folks !!!
Vynce Leff
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 14:36
Ahh...finished listening to Almost Human. Smile I think the music is very good Vynce, with a bunch of different styles and themes. I'm not sure if I like Almost Human as much as Escaping from the Hands of God, but it is definitely excellent music. Jenny has an amazing voice, too. Thumbs Up
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 10:08
The tickets are bought by Martin (Alucard) and I will arrange the Thalys, I intend to go to Paris on September 22th (arrival 1700 at Paris Nord) and I will leave September 24th at 1800. I am looking forward to this weekend, perfect opportunity to excercise Wink my French Martin will contact others (Sean, Olivier , ..) or they will join us this weekend.

Edited by erik neuteboom - June 19 2006 at 10:09
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 14:34
My French PA friend Alucard (Martin) just confirmed that he will buy tickets for the Progfestival with Sensitive To Light, Quidam and Eclat on September 23rd! So we will be there but at this moment I don't know who 'we' are ... Wink ..... who has any suggestions Big smile ?
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 14:07

For me it's 99% sure that I go, I can stay at the studio of Alucard that weekend and perhaps other collaborators (Olivier, Sean) will also join me to your concert. Is it possible for you to make at least 4 reservations (Prog Archives VIP's Wink ) so we are sure to have seats?

I see what I can do with the concert organizer. But sure it will work. I'll PM you soon.
Vynce Leff
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 14:06

It's a shame the U.S. is so widespread. Unhappy I hope you Euros don't take your proximity for granted. Have a good time, anyway. Smile

One of these days... one of these days, we'll cross the ocean and play in the US ! I'm sure we will !
Vynce Leff
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 11:00
It's a shame the U.S. is so widespread. Unhappy I hope you Euros don't take your proximity for granted. Have a good time, anyway. Smile
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 08:44
For me it's 99% sure that I go, I can stay at the studio of Alucard that weekend and perhaps other collaborators (Olivier, Sean) will also join me to your concert. Is it possible for you to make at least 4 reservations (Prog Archives VIP's Wink ) so we are sure to have seats?
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 08:20

We are planning to go to the September 23rd progrock festival in Paris (Quidam, Sensitive To Light and Eclat) with some PA progheads!

Grrrreat !

It's gonna be a fantastic evening, in a great theater. Be sure to make a reservation before making the trip. There are 300 seats (you won't need to stay standing all the night Cool - and the show begins at 7h !).

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need infos/contact to prepare the trip, etc, etc...

Cheers !

Vynce

Maybe you can visit the concert organisation website : http://www.fantastiques-musiques.com ... it's in french...Wink
Vynce Leff
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 08:01

Just ordered Almost Human from Lasercd.com. I look very foreward to hearing it. Thumbs Up Check for a review in a week or two, if I'm not lazy. Embarrassed

Thanks a lot ! I hope you'll like it ! I'm impatient to read your review Wink
Vynce Leff
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 05:10
We are planning to go to the September 23rd progrock festival in Paris (Quidam, Sensitive To Light and Eclat) with some PA progheads!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 21:40
Just ordered Almost Human from Lasercd.com. I look very foreward to hearing it. Thumbs Up Check for a review in a week or two, if I'm not lazy. Embarrassed
vynceleff View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 06:42
Hey, here is another british reviewer who likes Jenny's voice Thumbs Up :

We are delighted to announce our latest artists of the week - new French band "Sensitive to Light" and their stunning debut album "Almost Human".

"Sensitive to Light" grew from the ashes of the band Saens with one significant difference.  In Scottish singer Jenny Lewis the band have a real find - a singer of amazing warmth and power, at times not unlike a cross between Rachel Jones and Heather Findlay.

The album itself is a gem - both melodic and a touch daring, with moments of lyrical beauty followed by searing instrumental interplay.

Edited by vynceleff - June 09 2006 at 06:42
Vynce Leff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>