Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Band website links -we need YOUR help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 80>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 00:47
Aardvark's "official website: http://www.dprp.vuurwerk.nl/forgotten/aardvark/index.html"
link doesn't work...

...so does also Abacab's "official website: http://www.groupe-abacab.net/"...

or is it something wrong with my computer?

Edited by Fassbinder - March 29 2007 at 01:05
Joolz View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 03:22
Originally posted by Fassbinder Fassbinder wrote:

Originally posted by andrea andrea wrote:

yes it is... but in my information page there's no biography, no link, no country and no prgressive genre... Just a problem with my browser?

I don't know really. I suspect that there are no problems with a browser since my information page also lacks any info except for the picture. It may be because of the total lack of the biography -- since we have no bio of the band, there is no place to put any additional info.

I reported this as a bug a while back ... you will find a thread for it .... no reply from the webmaster of course .... I suppose it might get actioned sometime this month year century
The Whistler View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 03:25
Right, right, right, my help...the Moody Noobs official site is www.myspace.com/themoodynoobs. Can't miss it.
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 13:09
Fassbinder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 20:33
Thanks, Andrea!

The web-link is updated.

The previous one (http://www.italianprog.com/a_stormysix.htm) doesn't work, but, for safety, it is kept here.

Eugene 

Edited by Fassbinder - April 08 2007 at 20:33
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 13:02
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 15:14
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 14:28
The Trip website is added. I've also added the picture of the group.

Procession website is added as well. However, it looks, somehow, strange...

Thanks, Andrea!

Eugene
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 08:24
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:33
Pholas Dactylus web link is added.

Thanks, Andrea!
Chus View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:38
Equilibrio Vital's Official (I presume) Myspace site (with a bio, needed in PA):

Jesus Gabriel
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:52

Thanks, Chus!

I have added a link. But it can't be seen until a biography isn't there. For a while, I won't add a bio, since it is not written by a PA member for PA purposes. I don't think we can just take a bio from the band's website, and copy and paste it.

Eugene
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 15:07

Since Edera biography is missing, I’ve tried to write one

EDERA BIO

Edera is an Italian band from Milan that was formed in 1994 on the initiative of Valerio Valentini (vocals) and Matteo Catarisano (keyboards) but it’s only in 1997 that the project really took off... They released two demos, in 2001 (“Edera”) and 2002 (Apart”) and then, in 2002 their first official recording “Setting For A Drama”, featuring 13 chosen tracks from their early repertoire. The present line-up is formed by Valerio Valentini (Vocals), Matteo Catarisano (Keyboards), Andrea Ungaro (Guitar), Ryan Castana (Guitar), Alex Ferraris (Bass) and Theo Ungaro (Drums). Their last work “... And Mouth Disappears” was released in 2005. According to the band, their songs are conceived as “theatrical plays, where music is the scenographic part, and the words constitute the recitative acts. Each representation is actually a monologue, where the voice of the single actor gets mixed up with the musical backgrounds describing his emotional exasperation”...

Their main influences are Queen, Marillion, Genesis, Savatage, Queensryche, Rush, Bowie...

Official website: http://www.ederaweb.com/

Information for bio are taken also from http://www.myspace.com/ederaweb (where you can find some samples) and from Movimentiprog.net (http://www.movimentiprog.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=38&page=1)

In my opinion Edera should be moved from ISP/RPI to Neo-prog (their sound is very close to Marillion and Arena)...
I've submitted this issue in the collab space to the ISP/RPI team and to Neo Prog Team...
Chus View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 16:42

Thanks, Chus!

I have added a link. But it can't be seen until a biography isn't there. For a while, I won't add a bio, since it is not written by a PA member for PA purposes. I don't think we can just take a bio from the band's website, and copy and paste it.

Eugene

I know, unfortunately I have little time in my hands as now to redact a legitimate PA bio. Just thought the bio on the site might be a good sourceSmile
Jesus Gabriel
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 18:27
Originally posted by Chus Chus wrote:

Thanks, Chus!

Eugene

I know, unfortunately I have little time in my hands as now to redact a legitimate PA bio. Just thought the bio on the site might be a good sourceSmile

Of course it might, Chus. But I know you know my point.

On the other hand, I just have checked a certain band's bio, of which I remembered that it had been taken (simply copied) from the band's official website, with the name of a PA member below (if I'm not wrong, but I think I'm not). Now instead of the name appears: "Source: Band's Official Website".

It means that, eventually, we can add a bio straight from the official website, adding also "Source: Band's Official Website".

The only question is: is there already a consensus about it (I mean -- is it already a norm in PA), or was it a single action?

Eugene

Edited by Fassbinder - April 26 2007 at 18:28
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 09:13
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 19:00
Thanks, Andrea!

The old link (http://web.genie.it/utenti/n/nuova.era/ ) is removed.

The one you've posted is added.

But is the new one safety?
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memowakeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 14:57
This is the official Picchio dal Pozzo´s site:

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 15:26
Originally posted by memowakeman memowakeman wrote:

This is the official Picchio dal Pozzo´s site:

The website is added. Thanks, Guillermo!

But look at this: there are two (almost) similar entries in the band's discography. The one is stated as 1980 studio album, with reviews http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=2565 ;

the other is stated as 2006 studio album, with the same cover and the same title (although the title is misspelled), and without any reviews http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=15417 .

If the latter is a remaster, the info on remastering should appear in the main (and the only one) entry. The second entry is redundant and should be deleted.

Eugene
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 03:35
Sorry for overlooking this discussion. Some of the older bios are indeed copied, but we are looking to update these with originals. No more copies please. If information is sourced form other sites when writing a bio, a credit should be given at the end of the bio.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 80>