Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ozric Tentacles - Rex Theatre - Pittsburgh 6/16/06
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOzric Tentacles - Rex Theatre - Pittsburgh 6/16/06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ozric Tentacles - Rex Theatre - Pittsburgh 6/16/06
    Posted: June 17 2006 at 20:16
Well, I must say the band amazed me.  They were technically right on.  They were loud but the sound was tight and clean, and the rhythm section was one of the tightest I have ever witnessed.  This was musically a near perfect show.

The only real detraction from the show was the fact that there were only about 50 people in the audience.  The venue had apparently tried to cancel the show due to low sales, but the Ozrics, being the great musicians they are, agreed to play the show for half their original fee just to please the few of us who did show up.  So it was cool because they were just playing for the few of us who were there... but it's also harder to get into the music when the crowd isnt really showing it. 

Still, the band pounded our ears for about 2 hours and even rocked so hard during the last song of the set that everyone finally stood up and called for an encore, to which the band answered with another 10+ minute jam. 

It was definitely an enjoyable show, and I'd definitely love to see them again, but perhaps this time with a larger more excited crowd.
http://www.myspace.com/altaic
ALTAIC

"Oceans Down You'll Lie"
coming soon
Empathy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 00:38
Glad to hear you enjoyed it, but I'm VERY sad to hear that sales and interest seem so lackluster. Unhappy That said, they've never truly packed any of the venues I've seen them in (here in Boston), and I've been to at least five of their shows in the past 10 or so years.

Glad to hear they were musically "on"! It's a rare night when they aren't, IMO.
Pure Brilliance:
Erpland316 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 15:02

What was the setlist?

"Science is all metaphor"-Timothy Leary

[IMG]http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.jones10/amonpic.jpg">[IMG]http://imagegen.last.fm/red/artists/Yeti316.gif">
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 17:00
yeah, i bet they're amazing live. i wanted to go see them in hartford, but i couldn't make it.
 Post Reply Post Reply