Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FREE Legal MP3 downloads of Prog music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 65>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 06:42
^ you can use the list on my website - I will add all the links from this list too.Big smile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 01:17
Hope this hasn't been mentioned yet...

All of Rain's "Cerulean Blue" is available in mp3 format for download at the official site HERE.

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 14:23
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

All of Rain's "Cerulean Blue" is available in mp3 format for download at the official site HERE.

And that is definitely an album worth checking out.
Karda Estra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karda Estra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 18:33
Hello,

For those who may be interested, you can download 5 full, 128kbps KARDA ESTRA mp3's from Soundclick (or 3 from MySpace) for free by going to the 'Listen' page on my website:

Best wishes,
Richard
KARDA ESTRA

KARDA ESTRA
http://www.kardaestra.co.uk
Goldenavatar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldenavatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 01:02
Has this been mentioned yet? The Nektar site has most of their albums available streaming. No mp3 unfortunately but entire albums is good either way.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 03:36
Thanks for the updates guys. I have added them where appropriate, but as streaming only files cannot be downloaded, they have been omitted.

I have added an August update to the list in the first post of this thread. These will be integrated into the list in due course, but for ease of reference it is at the end of the list just now.
GravityStormz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GravityStormz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 18:27
Try (deleted by admin) u can sample complete songs (in mono) and they're 2 cents(US) per megabyte for songs
lots of europrog ! Been listening live
Gong most of the afternoon

Admin note - LEGAL sites only please

Edited by Easy Livin - August 16 2006 at 03:44
The Fallen Are Near Recovery
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 18:40
Sorry, this is for legal sources!
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 18:42
Originally posted by Big Ears Big Ears wrote:

This is a useful list. Is it being kept anywhere other than in this posting, ie. for easy reference?

Pinch
Crimson Salad View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimson Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 02:43
..... im such a noob, i cant find where to click on the intial post, to get to the page  : embarrased:
Soon, Oh soon the light
Pass within and soothe this
endless night

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 03:46
There's no links in the initial post CS. You need to go to the band page on Progarchives, and click on the "Official website" link.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 08:41
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

And that is definitely an album worth checking out.

you have my vote on this ! Clap

I also recommend everybody to check the Symphonic Slam mp3s, they are magnificent...

Edited by aapatsos - August 16 2006 at 08:42
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 16:20
Yeah, Cerulean Blue is very good; very original.  It's the wonderful narration that hooked me.  As for Symphonic Slam, I've been trying for a while but I am having problems with the site.  Sadly, I haven't managed to get my greedy little paws on any of the music.

Originally posted by Karda Estra Karda Estra wrote:

Hello,

For those who may be interested, you can download 5 full, 128kbps KARDA ESTRA mp3's from Soundclick (or 3 from MySpace) for free by going to the 'Listen' page on my website:

Best wishes,
Richard
KARDA ESTRA

I've been listening to this for a while now -- wonderful music!  I heartily recommend it.
Raiders757 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raiders757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 17:27
Anathema is offering two new songs, A Simple Mistake and Everything, on their offcial site. They are MP3's at 256kbs

Just click on the Multimedia section.

I believe more will be offered up in the future. This is supposed to be some sort of on-line EP to drum up donations, since they are now without a label.

Edited by Raiders757 - August 22 2006 at 17:28
yarstruly View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yarstruly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 15:38
Pure Reason Revolution has a few on their site...

yarstruly View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yarstruly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 12:35
(Alan) White have some tracks for free download....

SidSmith View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SidSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 02:59
The DGMLive website has lots of free MP3 downloads featuring various incarnations of Crimson and recent solo work by Robert Fripp. 

You can find these by visiting the front page of the site for the current hot tickle, and then scroll through the numerous concerts that are available for purchase.  The tracks for down load are clearly highlighted. 

As I type the current hot tickle is an improvisation by the 1974 version of the band from their show in Washington.

We also run CD giveaway competition - currently the soon to be released Collectable King Crimson Vol. One double album and a copy of the remastered Giles, Giles And Fripp. Check out the news story on the front page.
kermit the prog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kermit the prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 07:39
this jethro tull site is awesome. I'm hearing so many great songs I had never knew about even though I had all 21 albums. But I didn't know about all the songs on the box sets etc. There are almost 100 more songs that were not on the albums

Admin - While clearly well intended, the legality of the files available on that site is doubtful, so I've removed the link, sorry. (Please see the guidelines in the first post of this thread for links which can be included here)

Edited by Easy Livin - September 11 2006 at 10:54
rushaholic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 19:14
Eplosions in the Sky has the entire The Rescue album for download:

http://www.explosionsinthesky.com/albums.html

This one has been nearly impossble to find.  Enjoy!
SidSmith View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SidSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 03:26
Following the death of Boz Burrell  last week we've put up a tribute page to him where you can download a free track - a rare remix of the Islands version of Ladies of the Road which was mixed by Robert Fripp for the Frame By Frame boxset but not used at the time. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 65>