Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FREE Legal MP3 downloads of Prog music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 62636465>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 14:11
Good news from the category Prog of All Places: Upon All the Living and the Dead, the newly released album by Oaksenham, a symphonic prog band hailing from Yerevan, Armenia, is available as a free download on bandcamp.

Strongly recommended. This one candidates for a top ranking position on my 2018 list.

Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 15:25
I'll give it a go! Many thanks. My catholic guilt is kicking in, though, so if I do find it enjoyable, I might need to find a way to give them something. We have to keep these proggers going!   
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 08:45
First listen - very enjoyable. Almost all instrumental - an interesting mix of prog rock and classical music, with the violin predominant across a range of styles. Reminds me of an energised Gryphon and Gentle Giant at times. Any fans of those two bands and that classical instrumentation mixing with the keyboards, guitar, bass and drums of a prog rock group will find something to like. Definitely worth the time to download for free. Thanks.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
T.Rox View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote T.Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 19:12
Aragon is allowing free download from BandCamp of their early work 'Rocking Horse and Other Short Stories from the Past'. It is well worth a listen. If you pay $1 you can add it to your BandCamp collection Thumbs Up

"Without prog, life would be a mistake."

...with apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2018 at 05:39
For anyone who uses a DAW to write their own music, here's a free download. It will be stuff all use to you if you don't write your own music, incidentally. 

Nearly 30 minutes of Krautrock / Motorik style drums - 4/4, 120 bpm to drop in your DAW and jam along with. Drums ONLY, no other instruments.  Completely free.

Before you go mad downloading it, I'm going to add another 30 minute track, same thing, different drum kit. There will be more added to the site in terms of analogue synth sequences. 

Free to use with attribution - ie. "Drums by Brotherhood of the Machine". 

http://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/album/motorik-drums-free-audio-download

handwrist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handwrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 08:40
All my music is given away for free: handwrist. There's like 20 hours of music in there. And by the way, if one of the albums is asking you for money to download it's because bandcamp set it back to paid after I ran out of free downloads, so please notify me and I will set it back to free.

thanks to Davesax1965 for pointing me toward this thread.

Edited by handwrist - May 29 2019 at 08:41
handwrist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handwrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 08:21
Just released my new album, free download as always:

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 16:23
Originally posted by handwrist handwrist wrote:

Just released my new album, free download as always:

I've never heard of you before. Now I'm listening to Primer, from Agrestic and it sounds great.  Clap
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
handwrist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handwrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 05:41
Glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for the kind words.
EdgarSilv3ira View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdgarSilv3ira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:19
Have a look at my website: omanifestounderground.blogspot.com

Thanks.
http://omanifestounderground.blogspot.com/
handwrist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handwrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 04:41
hugo1995 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugo1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2020 at 15:58
Has this thread been abandoned? It's still a sticky but the title page hasn't been updated since.. 2007? I was 12 then!
interests: Moon Safari, Gilgamesh, Egg, ELP, Soft Machine, Gong, Opeth (Everything pre watershed), Brighteye Brison, The Flower Kings
Herr Hauptmann View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herr Hauptmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 20:21
thanks so much, what an excellent resource!
handwrist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handwrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2020 at 03:16
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 03:23
New space rock release from Brotherhood of the Machine - Omnivac. Four long tracks on vintage synths, including a 25 minute jam session on modular synths. 

50 free copies to give away, first come, first served. Mail [email protected] for details of how to get your digital download, don't reply to this thread. It won't be checked. 

Hope you enjoy it ! Please consider adding a review here if you do. 

Edited by Davesax1965 - April 26 2020 at 02:23

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2020 at 03:00
Free downloads going very quickly, get 'em while they're hot  ! ;-)

Half gone already. 

Edited by Davesax1965 - April 26 2020 at 02:23

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2020 at 02:37
Two more free space rock tracks available on the website - "Imaginary Landscape" and "Ketamine Dream Machine". These are off the Nocturnal Transmission and Machine Age EP's respectively. No download limits on these. Just go to https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/ You can pay something if you feel all horribly guilty afterwards. ;-)

The Omnivac album still has 20 free copies left, mail us at [email protected] if you want one - first come, first served. Please review our music on Progarchives if you like it, it's much appreciated. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2020 at 02:49
Go on, another free track on the website, "Blues for Pluto". ;-)

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 08:25
I just got this email. Karda Estra are great, this is a top opportunity to check them out!

Hello again Bandcamp followers of Karda Estra & Richard Wileman solo,

Due to the amazing uptake and kind responses to putting my solo albums up for free download last week, I have decided to make my entire Karda Estra Bandcamp digital discography available for free download as well. That's 12 albums, 1 mini-album and 1 EP! You can find them all at:
kardaestra.bandcamp.com

For physical collectors, I have made my CDs available again there as I am printing postage labels at home now (didn't want to go to the post office during the pandemic).

My digital solo albums are still free as well at:
richardwileman.bandcamp.com

I hope you enjoy filling the gaps in your digital collections. Also, if you know anyone else who might like this, do feel free to share the Bandcamp link on your social media. Many thanks.

All the best,
Richard

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 02:35
Free EP - "Howlaround" on the Brotherhood of the Machine Bandcamp site. 

https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/album/free-ep-howlaround

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 62636465>