Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMichael Giles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Philéas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 15:31
Since we have Peter Gabriel and Jon Anderson in Prog Related, why not let Michael Giles keep them company? I'm all for inclusion.
Fassbinder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 13:24
...no reply...OuchOuchUnhappyUnhappy
Fassbinder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 20:09
Everybody knows Michael Giles as a King Crimson drummer; he is also a member of the one-shot project called McDonald and Giles as well as one of the Giles, Giles and Fripp members.

All the mentioned groups and projects are presented in the site, but the solo album of Michael Giles is not. I would be very surprised if I realise that not many of you know about the existence of this album.

Nevertheless, the album is called "Progress" (as far as I know, the only album by Michael Giles). It was recorded in the early 70's but got released in 1978 (the title on the cover says: Michael Giles - "Progress" - circa 1978).

The name of the album surprisingly fits my suggestion to include it in the site. As I am not a musical expert I cannot define the genre of the album exactly; it sounds like a mixture of jazz/rock (or fusion) with psychedelia. Personally, I enjoy everytime I'm listening to it.

I would like to see it included in PA.

If there is any need, I can post here the track-list of the album (with the tracks length), the line-up (including the instruments played) etc.

Please, post your thoughts and opinions about the album itself (if you are familiar with it) and about the suggestion to include it in PA.

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12