FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMisc Then & Now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 18:57
Originally posted by Fragile Fragile wrote:

So these revelations explains your magnificent obssession with Greg and to a lesser extent Dave.Youv'e obviously not been with best singer on the planet.

Why, have you Frigid?

LOL

Fragile View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 19:06
Straight as a die Reedy boy, I know it's legal but it's not compulsory
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 20:34
Uhh,..but I was with the best singer on the planet.. there's no one that can match Greg in voice... definitely not Jon Anderson.  And I traveled a little with the better looking one on the Relayer tour... Alan White.
THIS IS ELP
ShrinkingViolet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 20:38
i'm impressed threefates
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 21:01
Originally posted by greenback greenback wrote:

so, the ultimate goal of the groupie is to fall in love with a star in order to be famous too and live ultra rich?

This was not the goal of most groupies I knew.  If you wanted something like that you needed to go about it a whole different way.  Most of them were just out to have a good time and be a part of the rock community as it was at the time a very exciting place to be. I left home at 17 with ELP.. I was too young to realize exactly what I was getting into.. and where it would lead me.  All I knew was that it was exciting... and I loved him more than life... Then when he left... I tried replacing him with any rock star that somewhat reminded me of him... cause he said I only loved him because of what he was... He was wrong... I figured that out after I couldn't love anyone else...

i think that chances that a groupie makes the ultimate dance are extremely low, due to the fact that there are TONS of beautiful, sexy and kind young women.

There was a fierce competition amongst the girls in NYC.. but not like you think.  A lot of us hung out together alot... we've been together in intimate situations.. at the same time.. we shared, we fought, but we all were really good friends.  I still talk to some of them.. and there are others I wish I had back in my life.  I was the baby when I started hanging at Maxs kansas City in 74... those girls taught me how to be a real groupie...and never hurt me at all.  Some got lucky... Bebe married Todd Rungren then moved on to Ian Hunter.. Liz married Rick Derringer.. Gingermarried Dave... Cyrinda married Steven Tyler.. They weren't really beautiful... just really fun to be around and good at what they did!

...threefates, you are an open book and to read you is very relaxing and pleasant!

If you recall all those wonder years, do you feel nostalgic, threefates?

Yes I'm feeling very nostalgic for them now.. And I'm embracing my feelings that I've hidden for years.  I get upset with people who put the lifestyle down as sleazy and trash... Personally I think it was a great way to grow up.. I know more about the male ego from traveling with those guys than I ever learned in college a few years later.  And I was also close enough to see the sheer genius of some of them... It was a true honor...

THIS IS ELP
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 03:06
Originally posted by threefates threefates wrote:

so, the ultimate goal of the groupie is to fall in love with a star in order to be famous too and live ultra rich?

This was not the goal of most groupies I knew.  If you wanted something like that you needed to go about it a whole different way.  Most of them were just out to have a good time and be a part of the rock community as it was at the time a very exciting place to be. I left home at 17 with ELP.. I was too young to realize exactly what I was getting into.. and where it would lead me.  All I knew was that it was exciting... and I loved him more than life... Then when he left... I tried replacing him with any rock star that somewhat reminded me of him... cause he said I only loved him because of what he was... He was wrong... I figured that out after I couldn't love anyone else...

i think that chances that a groupie makes the ultimate dance are extremely low, due to the fact that there are TONS of beautiful, sexy and kind young women.

There was a fierce competition amongst the girls in NYC.. but not like you think.  A lot of us hung out together alot... we've been together in intimate situations.. at the same time.. we shared, we fought, but we all were really good friends.  I still talk to some of them.. and there are others I wish I had back in my life.  I was the baby when I started hanging at Maxs kansas City in 74... those girls taught me how to be a real groupie...and never hurt me at all.  Some got lucky... Bebe married Todd Rungren then moved on to Ian Hunter..Liz married Rick Derringer .. Gingermarried Dave... Cyrinda married Steven Tyler.. They weren't really beautiful... just really fun to be around and good at what they did!

...threefates, you are an open book and to read you is very relaxing and pleasant!

If you recall all those wonder years, do you feel nostalgic, threefates?

Yes I'm feeling very nostalgic for them now.. And I'm embracing my feelings that I've hidden for years.  I get upset with people who put the lifestyle down as sleazy and trash... Personally I think it was a great way to grow up.. I know more about the male ego from traveling with those guys than I ever learned in college a few years later.  And I was also close enough to see the sheer genius of some of them... It was a true honor...

in order to complete this excellent post, let's see the girls you've just mentioned above:

cyrinda (steve tyler):

bebe buell (Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, Iggy Pop, Rod Stewart, Elvis Costello and Todd Rundgren):

liz derringer on the left  (rick derringer):

[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 08:47
Cyrinda, when I met her was actually living with David Johannsen from the New York Dolls (Buster Poindexter)... which she did for years.  She didn't marry Steven Tyler till much later.  She died of cancer last year... the whole Max's community remembers and misses her.
THIS IS ELP
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 11:51
Tell me, threefates, what celebrities you have met and what kind of personality they are?
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
selling_echoes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 12:18

I don't know why I am so surprised to me a "Almost Famous" (film) kind of person, but ... wow. I am in admirating jealousy.
Do tell us, (like greenback mentioned) and who did you get attached to the most?

greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 18:15

you said you've met suzanne ciani! what kind of person is she??

have you met wendy carlos?

Edited by greenback
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 19:37

Yes I met Suzanne earlier this year when she played Moogfest along with Keith Emerson.  She was really very nice and so down to earth.  When Will and I came down for breakfast in the hotel we ran into her in the Lobby and since Will has been the one responsible for the maintenance and operation of Keith Emerson's keyboards for the last 20 years... he and Suzanne stood for about an hour talking about different keyboards and setups and I didn't even get bored...and she invited us to visit her at her home in northern Calif.. or Oregon.. somewhere around there... she's really quite nice.

I've never met Wendy Carlos.

Well I think its funny that someone would ask me who I'm most attached too... that seems pretty obvious...

Edited by threefates
THIS IS ELP
Aaron View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 20:29

i dont know the answer to this but... are you a girl??

Aaron

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 20:36

Yes, Aaron I am a girl... its sort of a prerequisite of being a groupie...

Here's a montage of me with them that I'm most attached to... Keith Emerson, Greg Lake & Carl Palmer....from 1974-2004.

Edited by threefates
THIS IS ELP
gdub411 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 20:42
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

i dont know the answer to this but... are you a girl??

Aaron

Well you are new so I'll assume you're being serious. Indeed she is a girl and her signature....all those pictures.....are of Greg Lake. That would be her obsession.

greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 01:53
Originally posted by threefates threefates wrote:

Yes I met Suzanne earlier this year when she played Moogfest along with Keith Emerson.  She was really very nice and so down to earth.  When Will and I came down for breakfast in the hotel we ran into her in the Lobby and since Will has been the one responsible for the maintenance and operation of Keith Emerson's keyboards for the last 20 years... he and Suzanne stood for about an hour talking about different keyboards and setups and I didn't even get bored...and she invited us to visit her at her home in northern Calif.. or Oregon.. somewhere around there... she's really quite nice.

I've never met Wendy Carlos.

Well I think its funny that someone would ask me who I'm most attached too... that seems pretty obvious...

you  certainly have pics of elp's wives & children.

Edited by greenback
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 18:09

what do you think about this one, three fates?

Greg's wife, regina boettcher, was a German model in the 70's. photos of her seems to be extremely rare!

elinore (emerson's wife!)

Edited by greenback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123