Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 181>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 22:20
I doubt they have THAT large of a fan base, so I expect it will die down soon.  In time, the album will balance out where it belongs.  I plan to review it sooner or later.
theprogmind.com
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 22:30
Duplicated entries have been there previously, which were deleted. 
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 15:05
Our lad rdtprog has just reviewed with 5 stars so I might be wrong after all LOLLOL

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1178002
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2014 at 17:22
Anyone getting slightly annoyed at all the IQ 5* reviews by complete newbies? Ermm

Edited by Horizons - June 18 2014 at 17:22
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2014 at 21:32
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Anyone getting slightly annoyed at all the IQ 5* reviews by complete newbies? Ermm
Not the first time, won't be the last. 
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2014 at 23:01
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Yeah, but it's only because I'm not a fan of the album.
theprogmind.com
buyglof View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

buy spammy GLOF (not golf)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buyglof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 02:04
In my line of glof spam spam spam spam ...

Edited by DamoXt7942 - July 04 2014 at 05:01
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 02:29
you paly glof? you buy glof culbs? me got pelnty glog culbs. you buy my glof culbs then you paly glof. Big smile
What?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 02:53
bye, glof
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 08:50
flog glof to needy culbs in gabs
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 17:05
Just transferring the discussion over from Errors thread (sorry Errors team)

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

^ agree, this is an ad

this is Kim's profile in power of prog website, check it out and leave her alone or say you do not want any new members who really love prog moozik! She is such a happy friendly person everyone loves her, big names to other little ones http://powerofprog.com/profile/KIMSOLI xxxxx
No offence, Kim could be the best person in the world, but this is still an ad Big smileEDIT: and correct, this is not the place to discuss this, sorry
edit by me too Aapatsos, I do not see what the problem is here. This is how she posts on other sites for years on every review and bands she writes about, a consistent, good, great person all this adds to the credibility of her profile. Anyway she has removed the price of the album, you guys managed to "welcome" (pun intended) again another member which would be a happy contributing member. Yep a friendly bunch you are, I don't know what to say anymore in regards to this except that you are most suspicious of everyone. If you do your homework you'd see not everyone has second intentions.     

Originally posted by odinalcatraz odinalcatraz wrote:

Hello everyone.
I managed to get hold of Kim, who has never reviewed on here before and told her what a big mistake she made with mentioning the price of the album. She has come back and deleted that part.

I guess I just take everything at "face value"
I had told her she would like Progarchives and would be welcomed by everyone with her blogs and opinions. Hopefully, she still will!
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1286458

Should we be encouraging / allowing this type of reviews? Note I do not intend to "scare" any new member or be suspicious about anyone - your views would be appreciated.

Edited by aapatsos - October 02 2014 at 17:07
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 11:04

^ agree, this is an ad

this is Kim's profile in power of prog website, check it out and leave her alone or say you do not want any new members who really love prog moozik! She is such a happy friendly person everyone loves her, big names to other little ones http://powerofprog.com/profile/KIMSOLI xxxxx
No offence, Kim could be the best person in the world, but this is still an ad Big smileEDIT: and correct, this is not the place to discuss this, sorry
edit by me too Aapatsos, I do not see what the problem is here. This is how she posts on other sites for years on every review and bands she writes about, a consistent, good, great person all this adds to the credibility of her profile. Anyway she has removed the price of the album, you guys managed to "welcome" (pun intended) again another member which would be a happy contributing member. Yep a friendly bunch you are, I don't know what to say anymore in regards to this except that you are most suspicious of everyone. If you do your homework you'd see not everyone has second intentions.     

Hello everyone.
I managed to get hold of Kim, who has never reviewed on here before and told her what a big mistake she made with mentioning the price of the album. She has come back and deleted that part.

I had told her she would like Progarchives and would be welcomed by everyone with her blogs and opinions. Hopefully, she still will!

Should we be encouraging / allowing this type of reviews? Note I do not intend to "scare" any new member or be suspicious about anyone - your views would be appreciated.

75% of the reviews from this band were made by their friends. You check their profiles and there's only 5s for the projects related to the band members. But then again, they're not the only band using the website like that, PA has become a huge place for this things really. You have albums on top lists with huge ratings and you'll take a look it's because of this kind of friends reviews.

Honestly I never take the Top Albums section of PA seriously because of that.
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2014 at 08:20
We see this a lot, and no I don't think it breaks any rules per se. It does however tell you, as a reader of the front page, that you should look for reviewers you share similar tastes with....and perhaps look up some of the raving 5 star reviews, and see whether the person in question has produced more than just one. If they're the sort that quickly comes in to do 1, and then you never see em again, then they're probably not that crazy about this site and all it has to offer, but merely doing a friend a solid.

I can understand where you're coming from Sonia, but when you've been here as long as Thanos and myself, you quickly get a little suspicious of people, who look like they became a member to do a 5 star review.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 17:23
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

^ agree, this is an ad

Hello everyone.

75% of the reviews from this band were made by their friends. You check their profiles and there's only 5s for the projects related to the band members. But then again, they're not the only band using the website like that, PA has become a huge place for this things really. You have albums on top lists with huge ratings and you'll take a look it's because of this kind of friends reviews.

Honestly I never take the Top Albums section of PA seriously because of that.

Well I do think the Top Album section does become relevant over time because the people who get the new Corvus Stone for example based on all these 5 star reviews will be doing their own 3 star reviews eventually and it will all equal out hopefully. This was brought up on the Progressiveears site about the new iQ because it was listed here at number 12 alll-time or something like that. Others and myself responded that after all the fan boys have had their reviews and the non-fanboy reviews come in it will drop just like Corvus Stone will eventually. Still it is somewhat annoying seeing all the 5 star ratings like this is a modern Selling England By The Pound or something as ridiculous as that. Yes it's part of the process here and it works fine in the long run.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 11:53
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

[QUOTE=Guldbamsen]From reading Argonaught's posts the past year or so, I'd say he was merely joking Sonia....and not in the way you thinkSmile 

I wish I hadn't cracked that joke; I have been getting some "hate mail" from the Pythonian Institute of Social Studies, who lamented the "inconsiderate way in which their noble, but woefully misunderstood species continues to be stereotyped as incorrigible huggers, whereas it's well known that compulsive hugging is something that bears indulge in". What have I done .. 

Hahahaha!!! That too?! Shocked Being a bear also means being hairy, hey I know I am Portuguese but the hair we have is on top of the head not on my the face! Stern Smile

(I must stop watching Monty-Python really)
hug from Sonia Bear Big smile Hug
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 15:25

Being a bear also means being hairy, hey I know I am Portuguese but the hair we have is on top of the head not on my the face!

See, this could be a fun thing to teach to an advanced ESL class, who have already wrapped their collective heads around the to/too/two and their/there/they're stuff: 

"What's the difference between barefaced and bear-faced". 

By the way, bears are not the furriest creatures; apparently, some animals are made entirely out of hare. Who knew. 

Edited by Argonaught - November 13 2014 at 15:26
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 15:43

Being a bear also means being hairy, hey I know I am Portuguese but the hair we have is on top of the head not on my the face!

See, this could be a fun thing to teach to an advanced ESL class, who have already wrapped their collective heads around the to/too/two and their/there/they're stuff: 

"What's the difference between barefaced and bear-faced". 

By the way, bears are not the furriest creatures; apparently, some animals are made entirely out of hare. Who knew. 

Barefaced (naked is the first thing that comes to mind Embarrassed hihihi bad, bad Sonia!) I perceive it as a clean face without make-up, or also being put or placing yourself into an unwanted spotlight all of a sudden, maybe? Ermm Errmm.. Uhm... dunno  Big smile
Bear-faced, does that exist? I think the then/than is quite interesting too :)
Hug
P.S. Quick Portuguese lesson, the word "constipado" (Portuguese) doesn't mean "constipated" (English). The first one means having the flu or cold and the latter no need to explain I think.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 15:57

A bear and a Hare LOL
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 16:01

[QUOTE=Guldbamsen]From reading Argonaught's posts the past year or so, I'd say he was merely joking Sonia....and not in the way you thinkSmile 

I wish I hadn't cracked that joke; I have been getting some "hate mail" from the Pythonian Institute of Social Studies, who lamented the "inconsiderate way in which their noble, but woefully misunderstood species continues to be stereotyped as incorrigible huggers, whereas it's well known that compulsive hugging is something that bears indulge in". What have I done .. 

Hahahaha!!! That too?! Shocked Being a bear also means being hairy, hey I know I am Portuguese but the hair we have is on top of the head not on my the face! Stern Smile

Now now, as far as bears at PA is concerned I kind of think I should be high on that list. I do give hugs too :-)
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 16:06
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

Now now, as far as bears at PA is concerned I kind of think I should be high on that list. I do give hugs too :-)

hahaha!! Olav, yes even your surname in English means The Son of Bear Star Clapyou are a sweet teddy bear, a very tall one too Big smile
Huge hug Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 181>