Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 11:19
Nemo,can't wait for your new cd.Prelude a la Ruine got me hooked on your music,and Si Partie 1 just planted the hook even deeper.Incredible music,keep proggin!!!!

Nemo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 14:50
Hug

I'm glad to read you there Ken. Yes, maybe we'll work together, who knows ? Wink
And of course there are no problems for me, the most important thing is people to find our cds somewhere.
I'll explain you in private why we do have hard conditions Wink

www.nemo-world.com
lasercd View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 14:06
I can't believe I got dragged into this thread. Somehow I'm getting painted as a villian here and I find myself in a position where, for some reason, I need to explain what should be a private business matter in a public forum. OK here goes!

Last year I picked up a buzz on Nemo. I contacted JP and he graciously sent me a number of promos to check out. I felt given the heavy edge of the music it was trying to appeal to both a prog rock and prog metal audience. Based on my history selling the French prog metal band Manigance (a superb band in the Vanden Plas mold but with French vocals) I felt there was a limited audience. Further JP quoted me a very high price (remember the dollar is weak). I decided to pass.

Forward to yesterday...I was contacted again by JP, apparently motivated by this thread and comments by John Mattern. I outlined my concerns to JP. I agreed to stock the CDs if we could come to a meeting of the minds on price and terms. I told him how much I wanted to pay based on the price I felt comfortable retailing the CDs at. JP wasn't thrilled but he agreed. His firm terms were the CDs had to be prepaid for. I don't prepay. I've been in business for 19 years with terms from bands, labels and distributors all over the world. I offered to pay upon receipt of goods - not uncommon.   JP said this was unacceptable. I wasn't insulted and I don't think he was either - we simply didn't have a meeting of the minds. No bad guys here - the deal just didn't work out for us. I wish JP and Nemo all the best. I'm sure there are many places that the CD can be sourced from - Greg Walker, Kinesis, etc. If JP changes his mind I'll be happy to stock Nemo.

Regards,
Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge
www.lasercd.com
www.lasersedgegroup.com
Nemo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 01:56
I got no anger at all against Ken or anybody. He does his work, and his conditions are not ok for us so we won't work together. No problem with it. However, retailers have to understand two things : bands like us can't sell their records at low prices as bigger labels, and dollar is lower than Euro... We still got the freedom to refuse selling our products under their cost, and that's a good thing ! Other US retailers are ok with that :)
Thanks
www.nemo-world.com
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 20:33
JP-e-mailed Ken and he replied back with his side of the story and recounted your latest conversation.  I understand you are both trying to make money on your endeavors and it is hard to say who is right and who is wrong-probably neither of you.  He obviously can't carry everything from everybody.  I'll look for your stuff elsewhere.  Good Luck with the new album

Edited by johnobvious - October 02 2006 at 09:14
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Nemo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 11:21
@ Inferno : I found your latest at 17.9 euros (musea) and 17.5 euros (amazon) :)

About Laser'sedge, here is the new reply from Ken :

Problems...limited interest in French vocal music.  We stock Manigance and sell small quantities.  Price - if I recall you quoted me a very high price.  Finally how would I pay you?

I understand this point of view, and fortunately we got 3 other USA retailers.
www.nemo-world.com
Inferno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 07:01
Thanks!

Actually, the way we recorded the vocals made in sort that his voice sounds like Gabriel. He has a similar tone of voice naturaly so that doesn't help either but there is no intention of being of genesis wannabe band like all those clone around there!!!

The better way to get our album? Musea record is our distribution in France so there should be a couple of retailer with our album but I heard that they kind of sell them ridicously at a high price so you may want to check on Amazon or our website.
Nemo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 02:45
Thanks guys !

@ Inferno : I just listened to sound samples on your pages, and what I heard sounds good to my ears :) The production seems to be very clear and powerful, and musicians seem to be really good. Your singer just sings like Gabriel, doesn't he ? I'm gonna get your latest album :) What is the better way ?
www.nemo-world.com
Arsillus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 00:55
Woo hoo! Si Partie I was great- I love it (assaf Wink). I just hope II will be as good (or better!). 
Inferno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 22:10
You have to get them!

"Prélude à la ruine" and "Si Partie I" are simply amazing in my opinion! can't wait to listen to the sequel "Si Partie II"

Nemo: Just by curiousity. Have you listened to our stuff? If so..what did you think about it?
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 15:17
He should have French album.
It's ridiculous to disregard albums that have French sung on them.
I love Nil's two latest albums (bought them at Syn-Phonic, though).
Anyway, which ever retailer sales your albums, I will get them there.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 15:14
Originally posted by Nemo Nemo wrote:

Salut Inferno !
(I write in english for everyone to understand)

I said hello from you to Sebastien :)
He  said Hamadryad is a great band, so i'm going to go to your web page and listen to samples ! Thank you for the preorder !

@ Johnobvious : other retailers don't care about the language and sell our cds quite easily, so I guess he'll change his mind one day :)

Nemo, he carries two Nil cd's so you might try him again.  I have Novo Sub Sole but don't think I got it from him, so this may be a new development   He practically drools over Quarante.  So maybe he has gotten on the French bandwagon.  Good Luck.  Either way, I will get Prelude and Si pt 2.

Edited by johnobvious - September 26 2006 at 15:18
Nemo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 02:26
Salut Inferno !
(I write in english for everyone to understand)

I said hello from you to Sebastien :)
He  said Hamadryad is a great band, so i'm going to go to your web page and listen to samples ! Thank you for the preorder !

@ Johnobvious : other retailers don't care about the language and sell our cds quite easily, so I guess he'll change his mind one day :)
www.nemo-world.com
Inferno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2006 at 02:17
En passant Nemo, J'ai pré-commandé votre nouvel album et Présages que je n'avais pas encore!

J'ai bien hate d'entendre votre nouveau matériel, à date vous ne m'avez pas déçu musicalement! J'adore votre musique!

si sa t'intéresse d'entendre ce que nous fesons: www.hamadryadmusic.com

Sa serais cool le jour ou nous allons redescendre en France de p-e s'organisé un petit quelques choses si sa vous intéresse!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 16:50

Ken Golden said to me one day :"I don't know how I can sell your albums in the usa, because of the french singing"
However, if many people ask him Nemo cds, he'll maybe do a try ! ;)
[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  The guy carries tons of stuff and a lot of it is obscure.  I love his outfit, but this seems a little shortsighted when you consider what a great band this is.  I might just drop him a line.  With the buzz on PA, maybe he will reconsider.
Inferno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 16:45

Originally posted by Inferno Inferno wrote:

J'aurais bien aimé voir votre spectacle ce samedi avec Cabezas de Cera mais Montréal/Paris sa ce fais pas très bien :P

Si jamais tu croise ce message avant de joué, tu diras salut à Sébas (L'organisateur du spectacle ainsi que de Crescendo) de la part de Sébas (Claviériste d'Hamadryad)

Merci!

Ce sera fait ! ;)

Merci! ;)
Inferno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 16:45
Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

First Nemo, now Hamadryad... wow this is great.

Loved your previous two albums.

Any new album in sight, perhaps? Any shows in the US (preferably east coast...)?

We are presently composing the third album (We have 3 or 4 songs that are by now only works in progress and a lot of ideas)

We are also working on a live CD and a live DVD from our performance in France (At Crescendo)

For shows in the US, I recently met the guys from the band Echolyn and we kept contact. If everything works like I'd like to work, we would will probably do a double bill with Echolyn somewhere in the states (Probably something like 3-4 dates) But I can't confirm anything. Both of our bands are working on a new materiel so we'll see if that happens in 2007! (Our album should be out in fall 2007 if everything goes well)

If you want us in the states, ask for us! We would like to play in the states but it's not an easy task for people from Montreal (we don't have the contacts and we don't know where actually people that would love to see us live exactly!)

Create a demand of Hamadryad somewhere in the states and we will know where to go :P
Nemo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 14:41
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

I bought SI part 1 from Kinesis and was hoping they would get Prelude in also.   Haven't bought from greg walker before.   Is Laser's Edge not interested in carrying Nemo?

Ken Golden said to me one day :"I don't know how I can sell your albums in the usa, because of the french singing"
However, if many people ask him Nemo cds, he'll maybe do a try ! ;)
www.nemo-world.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 13:38

Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

Wish the band the best in getting it made and produced, but we here in the states will probably have to wait to buy in dollars from our good old internet shops.  Hope to see the Prelude a la Ruin repressing made available here also.

Oh I understa,d that buying cds in europe foryou  is a bit expensive, but of course our retailers in the USA will have Si II and Prelude à la ruine (I guess they already have Prelude now). Greg Walker (Syn-phonic) already ordered Si II, and I think he will get them in january.

:)

I bought SI part 1 from Kinesis and was hoping they would get Prelude in also.   Haven't bought from greg walker before.   Is Laser's Edge not interested in carrying Nemo?
Nemo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 11:33
Originally posted by Inferno Inferno wrote:

J'aurais bien aimé voir votre spectacle ce samedi avec Cabezas de Cera mais Montréal/Paris sa ce fais pas très bien :P

Si jamais tu croise ce message avant de joué, tu diras salut à Sébas (L'organisateur du spectacle ainsi que de Crescendo) de la part de Sébas (Claviériste d'Hamadryad)

Merci!

Ce sera fait ! ;)
www.nemo-world.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>