Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to add an album yourself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to add an album yourself
    Posted: October 06 2006 at 08:08
People sometimes post in this forum asking for an album to be added for an artist that is already in the Archives.

However, you can add an album yourself, as explained below.

If you click on the 'Add albums' link on the artist's Discography page it will take you to a form on which you can enter the album's details and even upload a JPG file of the album cover. The 'Add albums' link is just beside the 'show covers' tick-box.

The form is self-explanatory and even specifies the file type (JPG), image size (width of 200 pixels) and file size (maximum of 100 kb) of the album cover image that you can upload (if you have it).

You can use a graphics program to manipulate an image file of the album cover into the required file type, image size and file size. There are many such programs, both commercial and freeware; I use IrfanView (Google it), which is my favourite freeware image viewer and manipulation utility.

If you add an album, please post in this thread to let us know. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Edited by Easy Livin - October 06 2006 at 10:35
kidofthecentury View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 09:52
Hey, I added an album and it has a little mistake in the names of the band members. It's the new Mar De Robles CD "Indígena", it says "Lucho Tobar" and it must say "Julio Tobar".
And I can't submit a review, it throws me an error, look:
ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/post_rateit.asp, line 14

The link to the album is http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=15437

And my review was:
Quote Four years after their debut album, Mar De Robles came out with an awesome release named "Indígena". Unlike "MdR", this album is purely instrumental except for little passages in "X_2000" and "Chileneos", and that means Lucho Tobar mostly played the sax and flute throughout it. The results are beautiful: 9 tracks of ethnic latin prog, chaotic at times and mellow at others, but this fulfills what we were expecting from the band.
Every band member knows how to make his instrument sound like his own soul, being it Rodrigo's guitar or Ignacio's djembé, and that's extremely appreciated when listening to progressive music.
I bought this and I can tell you that it is worth every cent and I give it four stars because I know Mar De Robles has much more to show and sooner or later will come out with a five-stars amazing records.

Recommended to: any fan of King Crimson, Focus and latin prog in general, specially fans of Akinetón Retard.

Be aware of this exquisite chilean band!!
And 4 stars :P

Edited by kidofthecentury - June 01 2007 at 09:53
http://www.mylodonrecords.com/
Joolz View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 05:30
Thanks ... I have changed the name Smile

As for the review ... the entry was created by 'Guest' which suggests you may not have been logged in at the time, or at least something went wrong .... try adding your review again after making sure you are logged in
kidofthecentury View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 11:44
Well, when I loogged in I did it as "Guest", so I deleted the cookies and tried again. It's fixed now, thanks.
http://www.mylodonrecords.com/
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 17:31
added the seond album by German group Rebekka. It was called "Labyrinth", from 1984.  I don't have many details and was not able to find much on the web, but I posted the LP cover and the track listing.   I will review it shortly.
Inverted View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 23:09
I am trying to add the album Forecast: Tomorrow by the band WEATHER REPORT onto the site. Although I have included the songs and release information, I cannot add the musicians becuase they are so vast in number (4 Discs worth of material covering the band's entire existence). Is there a way to avoid this, or must I put every musician who has participated? I cannot find a list of all the musicians per track, either.
Prog... It's good.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 14:45
If there is an overall list of musicians in the CD booklet or on the cover, just copy that.

On a side note - it's probably better to start a separate thread for such issues, instead of extending the 'How to ... ' thread.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 17:22
Yes this isnt the zone for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply