FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNEUSCHWANSTEIN - A Fair Forgery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEUSCHWANSTEIN - A Fair Forgery
    Posted: February 28 2005 at 18:59
I just downloaded a NEUSCHWANSTEIN song (Intruders and the Punishment) from the Prog Archives. It is an excellent song, BUT the reason why is because it is a carbon copy of 'The Cinema Show' from GENESIS. Musically it is almost identical, not to mention the vocalist even sounds like Gabriel! Go have a listen for yourself...

Marmalade...I like marmalade.
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 19:40

Originally posted by Cluster One Cluster One wrote:

I just downloaded a NEUSCHWANSTEIN song (Intruders and the Punishment) from the Prog Archives. It is an excellent song, BUT the reason why is because it is a carbon copy of 'The Cinema Show' from GENESIS. Musically it is almost identical, not to mention the vocalist even sounds like Gabriel! Go have a listen for yourself...

a copy? not at all! just the beginning, the drums, solo keysboards sound a bit like cinema show, that's it! The bass and guitars are COMPLETELY different, and the Gandalf-esque floating keyboards gives an anti-genesis ambience!

[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 07:44

Calling it a carbon copy is a bit harsh ... although there are approximately 30-40 seconds when the song sounds scandalously like Cinema Show ...

BTW, if you listen very carefully I think you'll agree that the vocalist doesn't sound exactly like Gabriel ... he sounds exactly like Fish trying to sound like Gabriel, except of course that Neuschwanstein made this album five years before Marillion appeared on the scene ...

"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 08:20

Well, that's the vocalist's timber, it's a natural thing, he can't avoid it. He started as a Bread-like acoustic pop performer, then he was asked to sing in this excellent symph prog band, and now I read almost everywhere that his voice is similar to that of Fish. I wonder if he would give that sane impression singing acoustic pop.

Post Reply Post Reply