Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 11:40
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Originally posted by Hatters Hatters wrote:

One word:
MESHUGGAH

(oh and Opeth, Mono, TMV, Crimson...... the list goes on)

Have not been excited about a Meshuggah release since I was so disappointed by Chaosephere. However, I am more excited this time around after hearing Devin Townsend was producing the album. 

He is?!?!? uH THAT MUST BE SWEEEEEET!!!
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
mellors View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 12:14
Interested by:
Opeth
The Mars Volta
Tool (probably won't make 08 though)

Skeptical About:
Metallica
In Flames

Other:
Coldplay - being produced by Brian Eno, and apparently will be "the album to remember them by." Probably just publicity but I think its sounds worth a try.

Utah Man View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 12:26

I'm trying to get my own music CD done by '08... LOL

Rubidium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 00:00
I'm looking forward to The Tangent, Salem Hill, Echolyn, Proto-Kaw, Shadow Circus, and Deluge Grander who are all supposed to be planning albums for next year, as well as Dave Britton's other band, Birds and Buildings.  Tomas Bodin has been working on a follow-up to I AM, so hopefully it will also be released next year.  Wobbler is also supposed to be working on an album, but I've been hearing that for a while.  Eccentric Orbit is also supposed to be planning a new album.  Also looking forward to a new Crimson album, but I'm not holding my breath...
explodingjosh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 00:10
I'm reading all of this and thinking:  "wait... when were prog's golden years???" Shocked Smile
WalterDigsTunes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 00:23
Originally posted by mellors mellors wrote:

Coldplay - being produced by Brian Eno, and apparently will be "the album to remember them by." Probably just publicity but I think its sounds worth a try.

I can't for the life of me remember who coldplay is.
Ahmadbarqawi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 08:31
1. Anathema
2. Ayreon
3. Pain of Salvation's new DVD
{Flashlights shade shrunken views
Of a red demon’s foxtrot in brews
Guns & flowers crown morning news
Panic-stricken guilt now ensues}
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 08:56
Originally posted by Rubidium Rubidium wrote:

I'm looking forward to The Tangent, Salem Hill, Echolyn, Proto-Kaw, Shadow Circus, and Deluge Grander who are all supposed to be planning albums for next year, as well as Dave Britton's other band, Birds and Buildings.  Tomas Bodin has been working on a follow-up to I AM, so hopefully it will also be released next year.  Wobbler is also supposed to be working on an album, but I've been hearing that for a while.  Eccentric Orbit is also supposed to be planning a new album.  Also looking forward to a new Crimson album, but I'm not holding my breath...

Nice list of new albums that I wasn't aware were coming down the pipeline, but make since, since it has been a couple of years.  I thought that I had heard that Salem Hill's last album was their swan song.  It seems like I had read that they had closed up shop.  I wonder if a member or two quit but others have decided to forge ahead with new members.  Very interesting.
Rubidium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 09:56
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Nice list of new albums that I wasn't aware were coming down the pipeline, but make since, since it has been a couple of years.  I thought that I had heard that Salem Hill's last album was their swan song.  It seems like I had read that they had closed up shop.  I wonder if a member or two quit but others have decided to forge ahead with new members.  Very interesting.

This was posted on the SH website last month:

Well, another Hillionaire's Weekend has come and gone and we want to express our thanks to all the folks who came out to watch us perform Catatonia and a few other select cuts. It was a great event and we all had a blast. We did record the audio and video of the weekend and, after reviewing both, looks like it'll be a wonderful audio and/or video release. The band will meet in the next couple of weeks to review the audio and the footage and decide how we want to inflict it upon the general public. Also, we'll be meeting to make some decisions about the next Salem Hill album, tentatively due for release in the Spring of 2008. For those of you at the HW2, you heard one of the tracks, "Glimpses". In fact, more than a few of you commented that it was one of the highlights of the Weekend. And that's a good thing!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 10:01

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

This was posted on the SH website last month:

Well, another Hillionaire's Weekend has come and gone and we want to express our thanks to all the folks who came out to watch us perform Catatonia and a few other select cuts. It was a great event and we all had a blast. We did record the audio and video of the weekend and, after reviewing both, looks like it'll be a wonderful audio and/or video release. The band will meet in the next couple of weeks to review the audio and the footage and decide how we want to inflict it upon the general public. Also, we'll be meeting to make some decisions about the next Salem Hill album, tentatively due for release in the Spring of 2008. For those of you at the HW2, you heard one of the tracks, "Glimpses". In fact, more than a few of you commented that it was one of the highlights of the Weekend. And that's a good thing!

That's cool.  I wonder where I read that they had decided to call it quits.  I like what I have heard from them and I am definitely looking forward to a new release.
Cheesecakemouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 17:31
Mars Volta, King Crimson and Magma
cynthiasmallet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 17:40
Mars Volta for sure, the sleeve alone is genius.
Would you like to watch TV, or get between the sheets, or contemplate the silent freeway, would you like something to eat?
Komodo dragon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 19:25
albums that will make me happy to listen
Ayreon,marillion and the usual Big%20smile
 how about new Arena ?

Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 11:17
Originally posted by mellors mellors wrote:

Interested by:
Opeth
The Mars Volta
Tool (probably won't make 08 though)

Skeptical About:
Metallica
In Flames

Other:

I'm looking forward to Opeth and The Mars Volta too. As for Tool, that would be great but it will be 2010 if we're lucky! LOL
MonkeyphoneAlex View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 11:31
I REALLY hope Magma manages to get their new album out in '08, it would make my whole year.
"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST."
-FZ
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 11:50
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

[QUOTE=mellors]Interested by:
Other:

Brian Eno is producing the next Coldplay? I had no idea, but now I'm really stoked about it. I've loved all of their discs so far, but A Rush Of Blood To The Head is my favorite.

E
ProgBagel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 23:55
Forgot about Frantic Bleep.
Asyte2c00 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2007 at 22:00
My Thoughts

Dredg is my most anticipated for the 08 album will determine whther I continue to listen to them in the future.  If they can take the music from Leitmotif and concoct heavy-handed conceot similar to El Cielo they'll be golden.  I pray for the hybrid to pass. 

TMV, top notch musicianship, heaveyhanded symbolism, unequal song lenghts, complicated passages, should be an exceelent album, no worries, omar and cederic know what they're doing. 

Opeth, complete indifference, will be pleased with something similar to Ghost Reveries

Massive Attack, very excited.  I havent been following who they brought in for vocals but usually they make it work, and if its like Mezzazine well i'd say album of 08 from there. 

I'm almost certain Eno's on the new roxy Music album, so a throback to the debut would be amazing.  Plus, everyone on that album has thirty years experience.  It will be difficult to screw it up. 

Shakespeare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2007 at 22:06
Kayo Dot

but even more so

Magma

Edited by Shakespeare - November 25 2007 at 22:07
ProgBagel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2007 at 16:28
Can we be expecting an Indukti release this year?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>