FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAstral Loom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Astral Loom
    Posted: December 18 2007 at 16:00

Italian psychedelic prog band from Friuli-Venezia Giulia...

http://www.astralloom.net/index.htm

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 15:49
Hmmm.

Travelling Duck is very good, although it's a pity someone thought it would be nice to include a PFM like flute. There was no real need for that. Nice guitar work though - the guitar is definitely the lead instrument in this band.

Nodo is too repetitive for me (could be related to how I feel right now, though). Can't stand it for more than a minute.
EDIT: Scratch that, see post below.

More later...

Edited by Angelo - December 26 2007 at 07:44
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 07:47
Relistening Nodo now, and I must say I like it a lot more now. Probably because I replaced my crap notebook speakers with a new 2.1 set. This is nice stuff, and may definitely fit in Psychedelic here on PA.

Their first demo is also worth listening, even though it is almost 8 years old by now.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Astral Loom View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 19:14
Hi, I'm Luca from Astral Loom, I found this website searching my band name with google. This is a very interesting forum, can I add it to our links page?. I'm very happy to see that you liked some of our music, we are now recording new tracks... there's no more flute this timeSmile. We'll hopefully end recordings before June.

Thank you very much and keep growing up this beautiful database, I discovered some very nice prog-bands
inside!Clap

Bye!

Luca

PS: we're still unsigned
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 20:40
Originally posted by Astral Loom Astral Loom wrote:

Hi, I'm Luca from Astral Loom, I found this website searching my band name with google. This is a very interesting forum, can I add it to our links page?. I'm very happy to see that you liked some of our music, we are now recording new tracks... there's no more flute this timeSmile. We'll hopefully end recordings before June.

Thank you very much and keep growing up this beautiful database, I discovered some very nice prog-bands
inside!Clap

Bye!

Luca

PS: we're still unsigned

hahahha.. let's just hope it wasn't YOUR flute  hahhahah

welcome to the forum btw.

Edited by micky - March 23 2008 at 20:41
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 05:23
Welcome Luca, of course you are welcome on the forum, as well as to link to our site. A banner and some link code are provided here or here.

Edited by Angelo - March 24 2008 at 05:24
ISKC Rock Radio
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 10:24
The more I hear Astral Loom (been playing the old and new demo's for about an hour now, the more I like it. Even the flute fits in now - I have no clue why I ever made that comment last year.

Luca, your band deserves a full record release, have you got any plans or activities in that area?
ISKC Rock Radio
Astral Loom View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 17:55
Wow, thank you very much for your comment!

Unfortunately there's very little interest for bands like us in the place we live... Only pop cover bands can have a constant live activityAngry

Our main aim, at the moment, is to complete the new CD recording in our little private studio... then who knows... We are planning to create a myspace to get more exposition through the internet.

Bye.

Luca

P.S.: new tracks are very very nice ones! I'll surely let ypu know when the CD will be ready .
 Post Reply Post Reply