Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 43>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 20:27
I finally watched the third Madoka movie and my soul is crushed ;___;
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 20:40
I have purposefully avoided that series. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 20:40
Also I do like Attack on Titan so far.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 20:43
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

Why would you do that?
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 20:49

Also I do like Attack on Titan so far.

Mmmmmm such a great series. I ended up ranking it up from a 9 to a 10 since the announcement of a Season 2. I'll adjust it (if necessary) after i've seen the new episodes whenever they come out. 

I really like Erwin (if you've met him yet) as a character - though the main cast in general are great characters. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 20:52
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Why would you do that?
because

^These kinds of reactions are about all I hear of it
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2014 at 05:54
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Right now i'm flying through Future Diary. Diggin it a lot really. 

I love the insanity and the unpredictability with the relationships throughout the series. 

I quite enjoyed Mirai Nikki, a great plot and you'll love the ending, but it does have it's faults, mostly the character being a whiny little SOB and that he's pointlessly trusting.

That's one anime I started a while back but never returned to. There were some great parts, but I think the weakness you pointed out was what made me put it on hold. It is one that I will probably return to when I have the time.

For all the series faults the last 3rd is pretty good, worth sticking around for.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

King Crimson776 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Crimson776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2014 at 06:19

I wish I had. The worst anime I've ever seen is the Monogatari series, but that would be second.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2014 at 12:29
Originally posted by King Crimson776 King Crimson776 wrote:

I wish I had. The worst anime I've ever seen is the Monogatari series, but that would be second.

I didn't recognize this one at first, but apparently I had watched Bakemonogatari several years ago, and gave it a 9/10. Do you dislike the whole series or one particular sub-series?
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
KingCrInuYasha View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingCrInuYasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 13:41

I, unfortunately, did not. I saw all 12 episodes of the TV series in one sitting. I want those six hours of my life back.

Anyway, I'm watching the Sailor Moon stream on Hulu and I've noticed that the uniforms that the generals of the Dark Kingdom (one of them, as of this writing, is my current avatar) wear look similar to Dr. Evil's outfit. As a result, I find myself quoting Austin Powers as I'm watching the show.

Edited by KingCrInuYasha - June 05 2014 at 13:43
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 18:02

Why would you do that?
because

^These kinds of reactions are about all I hear of it

I love it, though. :3

Also:

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 18:07
I'm watching Bakemonogatari now, it's quite good, there are considerably worse anime's out there.

Recently finished the unrelated Katanagatari OVA, it's a strange one, very up and down in the quality of it's story telling and execution with a very unique look to it.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

King Crimson776 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Crimson776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 03:01

I didn't recognize this one at first, but apparently I had watched Bakemonogatari several years ago, and gave it a 9/10. Do you dislike the whole series or one particular sub-series?

I accidentally started out of order but the spastic, 'artsy' animation made it seem pointless to try from the start. I did anyway to see if, miraculously, the mindf**kingly stupid animation was a recent development, but alas... On top of that it seemed incredibly vapid and the conversations were meaningless and referred to things that I can't imagine would grasp anyone's interest. There's no way it got better.
King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 13:00
I'm halfway through GIRLS AND PANZER at the moment.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 23:01

I accidentally started out of order but the spastic, 'artsy' animation made it seem pointless to try from the start. I did anyway to see if, miraculously, the mindf**kingly stupid animation was a recent development, but alas... On top of that it seemed incredibly vapid and the conversations were meaningless and referred to things that I can't imagine would grasp anyone's interest. There's no way it got better.

I'm watching Nekomonogatari now just to see if my preferences have changed. These series do seem to be more about lengthy, meticulous conversations than anything else. A couple action scenes to keep you awake, but it does drone a bit (though the first episode was interesting). I wouldn't rate it as awful, because it's just interesting enough to keep me watching. But definitely far from great.

Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 22:15
I recently started watching "Captain Harlock" on Crunchyroll and it has become one of my favorite animes.

"Do not do to others as you don't want done to yourself."- Confucius
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 19:57
New Ghibli will kill my heart.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 20:39
I've been finally watching Steins;Gate and laughing my ass off at the writing - simply brilliant. 

Edited by Horizons - July 02 2014 at 20:40
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 20:58
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I've been finally watching Steins;Gate and laughing my ass off at the writing - simply brilliant. 
I'm on episode 10 and so far and find most of the characters mildly to moderately annoying, but the plot is good.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 21:25
Originally posted by Jonathan Jonathan wrote:

I recently started watching "Captain Harlock" on Crunchyroll and it has become one of my favorite animes.

Space Odyssey? I enjoyed that one. My go-to anime if I ever get the flu again.

Edited by Polymorphia - July 02 2014 at 21:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 43>