Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 43>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2014 at 17:36
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Lelouch is probably my favorite character in all of Anime. There are some very close runner-ups but he's fantastic. 

I finished Code Geass today, it's such a great anime Clap
I got to agree with you, Lelouch is an amazing character: intelligent, very unpredictable and morally ambiguous Smile
I have to find another anime to watch now Tongue
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 22:47
BUMPITY

Glad you liked him. I just found his motivations interesting along with the voice acting, remarkable. 

I could give a list of recommendations or you can add me on MAL, if you haven't already. http://myanimelist.net/profile/Delouzed

I've finished two shows recently: Zankyou no Terror and Aldnoah Zero. 

Zankyou was interesting because the main characters are child terrorists. But the soundtrack was made by the legendary Yoko Kanno, and was directed by Shinichiro. Only 11 episodes - but not bad at all. I wish it had more to "say" but overall, what matters most is that it was a good story. http://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror

Aldnoah Zero is a bit different. Falling into a lot of typical mech cliches, it wasn't surprising (except the ending). But mechas are something i don't find myself getting bored of - as long as they're good. The main character may seem to come off as boring or strange, but early on i was exposed to the idea that he has Asperger syndrome. Again short show, but if you want to scratch the mecha itch - this may do it for you. second set of episodes comes out in january. 

Edited by Horizons - October 02 2014 at 22:48
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 06:11
Haven't had the chance to watch the end of Aldnoah Zero yet but I've been really enjoying that series. Gundam Reconguista in G should be starting soon, if it hasn't already (not entirely sure on the start date, but it's October), and since it's from the original master himself, Yoshiyuki Tomino, I've got high hopes for it.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 08:06

BUMPITY

Glad you liked him. I just found his motivations interesting along with the voice acting, remarkable. 

I could give a list of recommendations or you can add me on MAL, if you haven't already. http://myanimelist.net/profile/Delouzed

I've finished two shows recently: Zankyou no Terror and Aldnoah Zero. 

Zankyou was interesting because the main characters are child terrorists. But the soundtrack was made by the legendary Yoko Kanno, and was directed by Shinichiro. Only 11 episodes - but not bad at all. I wish it had more to "say" but overall, what matters most is that it was a good story. http://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror

Aldnoah Zero is a bit different. Falling into a lot of typical mech cliches, it wasn't surprising (except the ending). But mechas are something i don't find myself getting bored of - as long as they're good. The main character may seem to come off as boring or strange, but early on i was exposed to the idea that he has Asperger syndrome. Again short show, but if you want to scratch the mecha itch - this may do it for you. second set of episodes comes out in january. 

I'll start by watching the shows you rated 10 that I haven't seen: Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan Wink
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 05:18

This one seems to attract even the interest of non specialized medias: I first heard of it on the website of the French newspaper Le Monde, a bit like if you read an article about an anime in the New York Times.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 09:26
I saw the first four episodes of Kill la Kill and the lesson I learned so far is: nudity is power LOL
Let's see what happens next Tongue
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 09:37
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I saw the first four episodes of Kill la Kill and the lesson I learned so far is: nudity is power LOL
Let's see what happens next Tongue

The twists and turns the anime takes is amazing. Stay strong!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 09:55
I will, I don't give up so easily Wink
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 05:23
resumed watching One Piece (the hell is with the episode count there?!?!), made it to episode 68 so far. god help me....
Progrockdude
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 06:23
^Lol, in for the long haul I see.

Watching Gundam Reconguista in G, loving the old school animation.

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 10:50
Old Piece is awful, why put yourself through that?

Ermm
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 11:05

We only share 6 in common but our ratings are actually somewhat correlated
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 11:29
That's cool. Didn't know you could compare like that. 

I can see why you gave Soul Eater a 5 - the thing that saved that show so much is how damn lovable the characters are. Regardless of depth, growth, uniqueness etc - i just can't get over characters Spirit, Crona, Death the Kid etc. 

The fighting was a bit lackluster and so on but meh. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 11:53
Yeah another big factor is that I watched it some years ago, so when I rated it, I wasn't so excited about it anymore. The amount and variety of characters were pretty good and kept me hooked till the end, but looking back it seemed like a good marker for what I would consider 'average'

I was really in to Attack on Titan (9/10) but when the scout regiment saga started my attention sort of petered off. I think it was a combination of realizing all the characters were pretty bland and having to wait for new episodes to release.  Its definitely a more narrative driven show, and addictively devastating. Looking forward to the next season whenever that is!
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 11:55
It'll year a year at least i think. Unfortunately. 
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 12:25
I've tried Soul Eater, the animation, story and characters didn't really do anything for me so I dropped it after a few episodes.

Currently working through Higurashi no Nako Koro ni Kai, it's pretty cool as they're now stitching all the story lines together.

Also, sent you a friend request on MAL, Bloodnarfer.

Edited by sleeper - October 13 2014 at 12:26

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 14:05
Thanks for adding me guys Smile
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 14:37
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

Thanks for adding me guys Smile

:D
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 15:17
I rented 4 DVD:
 - Arriety
 - Tales from Earthsea
 - Perfect Blue
 - Chie the Brat.

Which one could I watch with the subtitles on, the sound off and some thrash-metal as the soundtrack?

Yeah, that's a pretty absurd and dumb question, but I have the flu and I hate that.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 15:42
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

I rented 4 DVD:
 - Arriety
 - Tales from Earthsea
 - Perfect Blue
 - Chie the Brat.

Which one could I watch with the subtitles on, the sound off and some thrash-metal as the soundtrack?

Yeah, that's a pretty absurd and dumb question, but I have the flu and I hate that.

I have not watched the others, but you shouldn't do that with Perfect Blue or Arrietty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 43>