Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 43>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 12:18
Just read some good news on Kotaku, there's going to be another season of Steins;Gate, following Okabe after he'd failed to save Kurisu and spends his life working out how to do it.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 12:51
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

Just read some good news on Kotaku, there's going to be another season of Steins;Gate, following Okabe after he'd failed to save Kurisu and spends his life working out how to do it.

that is good news!  I wasn't ready to part with the Steins;Gate universe, though hopefully it can live up to the first season. edit: has anyone tried out the steins;gate visual novel/game?

So I finished the first season of Durarara! in the span of a couple weeks and it was amazing.  I'm so sorry you guys had to wait so long for season 2. Tongue

Edited by bloodnarfer - April 10 2015 at 12:52
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 13:06
:D
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 13:11
Awesome Big smile
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 14:02
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

that is good news!  I wasn't ready to part with the Steins;Gate universe, though hopefully it can live up to the first season. edit: has anyone tried out the steins;gate visual novel/game?

So I finished the first season of Durarara! in the span of a couple weeks and it was amazing.  I'm so sorry you guys had to wait so long for season 2. Tongue

The wait for season 2 was worth it, I'd say it was better than the first. And we get more in July.

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 23:13
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

On one hand I agree that I wasn't ready to part with it either. On the other hand, I do wonder if it's possible for the anime to captivate like it did the first time around.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 23:40
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

So i finished Parasyte, Aldnoah, Akatsuki no Yona, and Bokurano.

I gave each a rating of 7, 5, 8 and 8. 

Yona succeeded so well because of the animation, colors, and likable characters.
Bokurano succeeded because of the interesting structure, plot and characters. 

Parasyte had a killer opening, interesting plot, and the main character was good (imo). But a majority of the supporting characters were a little bland and some events i disliked near the end. 

Alnoah had a much better second season. The emotions, characters, and plot in season 2 seemed more scattered and less important. The animation was still top notch and while it was certainly a guilt pleasure that i easily got through, it fell flat. 
Just started Akatsuki no Yona. First episode is good.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 00:53
Tis a great show. 

:]!

Anyone watch episode 1 of Kekkai Sensen, the new Bones project? 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 09:26

Tis a great show. 

I have not. I'm so behind on current anime. I usually just check this thread for recommendations on what new anime to check out.

I'll give it watch though.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2015 at 00:05
Watched the first episode Mononoke. Very interesting. Like a horror version of Mushishi.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2015 at 23:06

Tis a great show. 

Good so far. The characters are comical.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2015 at 23:18
Yea i like shows with tons of great characters. Like FMA:B. 

Episode 2 is great too. 

And Mononoke sounds interesting with that description, Tony. Hmm. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2015 at 23:20

Episode 2 is great too. 

Fun fact. The voice of White (the girl at the end of Episode 2) also does the voice of Truth in FMAB.

I never would have guessed it...
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2015 at 23:21
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Episode 2 is great too. 

Fun fact. The voice of White (the girl at the end of Episode 2) also does the voice of Truth in FMAB.

I never would have guessed it...

Yea the voice cast is great. 
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2015 at 17:43
watched pretty much the first half of Attack on Titan thus far... now i'm not in the minority anymore, and thank god for that.

Edited by Michael678 - April 19 2015 at 17:43
Progrockdude
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2015 at 15:47
i also just finished watching on Netflix Sword Art Online.....don't worry, the option to kill me is to your right, especially since i liked it overall.
Progrockdude
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2015 at 17:31
It's not a bad series, though the original writers underdeveloped ability is clear throughout. Watch the second series, Phantom Bullet is a good story but the last 6 episodes for Mothers Rosario is an amazing piece of storytelling.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 14:20

It's not a bad series, though the original writers underdeveloped ability is clear throughout. Watch the second series, Phantom Bullet is a good story but the last 6 episodes for Mothers Rosario is an amazing piece of storytelling.

i'm actually 5 episodes in already, and loving it!!!
Progrockdude
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 17:15
Didn't notice these posts. 

SAO was lame. Obviously great production and animation, but very lackluster characters (the ones that were there) and just lacked any impact. 

SAO2 on the otherhand was fantastic. The gun theme fit very well, the characters were more likable, the phantom bullet arc was interesting, and even tho the second arc was weak, mothers rosario was intensely enjoyable. 
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 17:23
Hate to say this but just finished watching the complete Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood with my son and I can't believe how much better it is than the original.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 43>