Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 43>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 20:36
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Hate to say this but just finished watching the complete Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood with my son and I can't believe how much better it is than the original.

hmmmm, one question..... is Brotherhood a reboot of the original anime or not?? because i thought it was season 2 of the show.
Progrockdude
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 22:04
Originally posted by Michael678 Michael678 wrote:

Hate to say this but just finished watching the complete Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood with my son and I can't believe how much better it is than the original.

hmmmm, one question..... is Brotherhood a reboot of the original anime or not?? because i thought it was season 2 of the show.

I think it's a reboot with the actual story from the manga.  Whereas the original finished before the manga was completed so they had to make up their own ending.  Or something like that.  I never watched the original FMA

EDIT: the last Kill la Kill dub dropped today so I'm getting to finally finish it woo!

Edited by bloodnarfer - April 28 2015 at 22:11
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 22:24

Full Metal Alchemist has an original plot. 

Full Metal Alchemist: Brother uses the manga for source material, using a better plot and further developing characters/story etc.

Watch Brotherhood, no need for the other. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 06:07
Yeah, they started the FMA anime whilst the manga was still pretty early in it's run so they took the starting point and went from there to giveit it's own story. I like it, but Brotherhood, which follows the manga very closely, is much better.

As for SAO, like I said you could see the difference it writing quality between the first series and the second, which isn't a surprise as Kawahara Reki wrote Phantom Bullett almost 10 years later.  
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Terakonin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terakonin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 06:32
Came to this thread to mention Fullmetal Alchemist.
I think its a fantastic series, with everything. Comedy, action, deep philosophical meaning.
You left a note in your perfect script
Stay as long as you like
I haven't left your bed since
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 14:21
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

I think it's a reboot with the actual story from the manga.  Whereas the original finished before the manga was completed so they had to make up their own ending.  Or something like that.  I never watched the original FMA

EDIT: the last Kill la Kill dub dropped today so I'm getting to finally finish it woo!

i know, i had to finish the last several episodes in sub on Netflix! not that that's a bad thing, but still.
Progrockdude
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 14:22
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Full Metal Alchemist has an original plot. 

Full Metal Alchemist: Brother uses the manga for source material, using a better plot and further developing characters/story etc.

Watch Brotherhood, no need for the other. 

thx for the clarification

i guess the original series will be just a curiosity for me
Progrockdude
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 15:18
Like everybody has stated,FMA Brotherhood follows the manga.

I saw Blood mention Kill la Kill,which I will probably start watching tonight.My son subscribed to Funimation and I have been watching a ton of anime I have always wanted to watch but never got around to.

I'm also watching and really enjoying The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 15:44
I just finished Devil is a part-timer!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 15:59

Like everybody has stated,FMA Brotherhood follows the manga.

I saw Blood mention Kill la Kill,which I will probably start watching tonight.My son subscribed to Funimation and I have been watching a ton of anime I have always wanted to watch but never got around to.

I'm also watching and really enjoying The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Just don't watch Kill la Kill with your son!  Embarrassed It's a bit on the pervy side.  I've been binging on anime the past month or so because once my gf moves in for the summer I'll have to quit cold turkey. I'm trying to finish everything on my must-see list
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 16:07
^Why would you have to stop watching anime?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 16:37
^ She is a very active person so my time spent sitting around inside, piddling on guitar, watching anime, and working on various projects will be very limited.  Also she doesn't really understand it (or at the very least is unwilling to try) so it's not something we would be able to watch together.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 16:52
Brainwashing her is the only solution.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 22:35
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

^ She is a very active person so my time spent sitting around inside, piddling on guitar, watching anime, and working on various projects will be very limited.  Also she doesn't really understand it (or at the very least is unwilling to try) so it's not something we would be able to watch together.
But shouldn't your gf be accepting of your interests? Not saying she should like anime, but if you do, well I dunno what I'm saying anymore. LOL

I like me a good pervy anime every now and again. As long as it's not the adolescent type of pervy.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 19:28
finished SAOII earlier this evening..... very heartfelt that ending man..... Big smile
Progrockdude
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 21:45
I just finished episode 1 of Death Parade - utterly intense. 

Concept is interesting..

A bar in limbo where games exhibit a couples' true nature. The bartender then decides who goes to heaven and hell. 

Edited by Horizons - April 30 2015 at 21:46
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 11:46

Plus... the opening is one of the greatest things ever. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 12:43
^ Sounds like it would be worth checking out

Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

But shouldn't your gf be accepting of your interests? 
accepting yes, joining no Big smile

Edited by bloodnarfer - May 01 2015 at 12:46
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 16:59
watched another overall-good anime Angel Beats! not the best i ever saw but still good.
Progrockdude
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 17:48
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I just finished episode 1 of Death Parade - utterly intense. 

Concept is interesting..

A bar in limbo where games exhibit a couples' true nature. The bartender then decides who goes to heaven and hell. 

I contemplated watching that a while ago actually. It looked pretty good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 43>